• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD demonstrates Ryzen 9 5900X prototype with 3D V-Cache stack chiplet design

Associate
Currently Inel lead in price and performance, AMD lead in efficiency. When AMD did lead for a short period they attempted to push prices up.. can you guess what's coming if Zen4 is superior ?
Intel released ADL with lower MSRP prices, and still dind't beat Zen 3 in sales, while Zen 3 at start had very high prices, and beat Comet and Rocket Lake in sales beside performance. Comet Lake had very good performance/price ratio but it dind't help Intel.

Associate
Intel released ADL with lower MSRP prices, and still dind't beat Zen 3 in sales, while Zen 3 at start had very high prices, and beat Comet and Rocket Lake in sales beside performance. Comet Lake had very good performance/price ratio but it dind't help Intel.

I was pointing out the possibility that the 7600x will cost £350 based on the previous release, specifically if they take the performance crown.

Soldato
I was pointing out the possibility that the 7600x will cost £350 based on the previous release, specifically if they take the performance crown.

Yeah weird isn't it really since the 10600K which was selling for ~£270 as a mean average was only £9 less than the 5600X when it launched at £279. The main issue for most people was that true scalping was just starting to take hold by retailers, and they knew they could charge more and so they did. I am sure you don't want to change your idea that it 'could' be £350 even if the 12600K is £260, much more likely is will be £279 again if it is indeed better, faster, stronger e

Associate
Yeah weird isn't it really since the 10600K which was selling for ~£270 as a mean average was only £9 less than the 5600X when it launched at £279. The main issue for most people was that true scalping was just starting to take hold by retailers, and they knew they could charge more and so they did. I am sure you don't want to change your idea that it 'could' be £350 even if the 12600K is £260, much more likely is will be £279 again if it is indeed better, faster, stronger e

They lauched at £299. I wanted one, I watched until a £250 'deal' came along. Please don't reinvent history as it destroys the discussion.

AMD no longer need the support of the loyal fan base as they have sufficient market share in other sectors, so many people are still hanging onto the idea of what AMD used to be, 20% price increase across the board this generation on GPUs and CPUs on relative skews/dies..

How much do you think the 5800X3D is going to cost ?

Soldato

I'm trying to play games and occasionally process videos. The only "sales" that matter to me are the ones I complete when I buy something...to use.

I suppose fanboys can use sales numbers to argue that "their team is winning" at something, but I have no real use for that data point myself.

Soldato
In 2021 Intel made 79B in sales with 20B in profits while AMD did 16.5B with profits of 3.1B. Until AMD can run their own fabs they are not catching Intel anytime soon.

Soldato
Ok... so a certain number of CPU were rebated at launch but the launch price was £299.

No they weren't 'rebated' that was the price. The MSRP in the US was $299 and in the UK £279. As I previously stated, everyone was selling at MSRP until the scalpers tried it on, which didn't reflect the actual price for the majority of time it has been available at the lower price.

Carry on digging that hole if you like, or you can just admit it was £9 more than the equivalent 10600k at launch.

Caporegime
In 2021 Intel made 79B in sales with 20B in profits while AMD did 16.5B with profits of 3.1B. Until AMD can run their own fabs they are not catching Intel anytime soon.

Intel 2021 GAAP Net Operating Income was $19.9 Billion
AMD 2021 GAAP Net Operating Income was $3.65 Billion

With Xilinx now on the books if nothing else changes AMD's Fiscal year 2022 will be 4.5 Billion Operating Income Net from about $21 Billion revenues.

Intel are the largest Semiconductor company on earth, although Samsung piped them in 2021 by just over $2 Billion revenue. $79 Billion vs $81.3 Billion.
Yes it would be a miracle if AMD caught Intel any time soon, but they are climbing the lader, 10'th in 2021, in 2022 they are likely to land 7'th, one behind Nvidia at 6'th, they will overtake Mediatek, Texas Instruments and Broadcom.

Running your own fabs presents its own problem, trying to stay ahead of the curve, As Intel are finding out, they are 2 or 3 generations behind TSMC, Intel will have to spend more money than they have to catch up and even then they still might not do it.

One other thing, Intel are $73 Billion in debt, AMD's debt is 0.

Last edited:
Associate
No they weren't 'rebated' that was the price. The MSRP in the US was $299 and in the UK £279. As I previously stated, everyone was selling at MSRP until the scalpers tried it on, which didn't reflect the actual price for the majority of time it has been available at the lower price.

Carry on digging that hole if you like, or you can just admit it was £9 more than the equivalent 10600k at launch.
#

You're talking crap, I shown you proof and you're just ignoring it aswell as the search results from google, end of discussion Jackanory go tell someone else a story.

Last edited:
Soldato
#

You're talking crap, I shown you proof and you're just ignoring it aswell as the search results from google, end of discussion Jackanory go tell someone else a story.

You are seriously butt hurt about being wrong aren't you? Even the Graph you posted shows that it was below £300 for the majority of the time, but hey you could always just check out the actual cost using some UK reviews.

"The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is a 6-core, 12-thread processor that operates with a 3.7GHz base frequency and 4.6GHz maximum boost with a 65W TDP. MSRP is set at $299 and that converts into £280 in the UK." - Kitguru

"Moving on over the Ryzen 5 5600X, AMD includes the Wraith Stealth cooler that is a step down from the Wraith Spire v2 present in the Ryzen 5 3600XT package. Similar to the Ryzen 5 3600 from the restrained 65W TDP perspective, this chip finds itself in an awkward spot in terms of pricing. The $299/£280 asking fee is in a different league to the £215 charged for the R5 3600XT" - Hexus

"
There’s no shortage of truly amazing CPUs right now, and both Intel and AMD have some very competitive options. However, they’ve never been so closely matched than they are right now. If you’re after a solid all-round gaming CPU that still has enough grunt for a bit of rendering and editing, then you’re going to love the Ryzen 5 5600X.

At just £279.99, it’s very competitively priced, offering similar multi-core performance to the more expensive 3700X and 3800X, while offering a massive uplift in single-core performance!" - eTeknix

You make up more rubbish than Putin, are you Russian? :cry:

Back
Top Bottom