• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Digital River is not a fun company to deal with. They also do fulfillment for Lenovo UK, and I lost many hours of my life to their horrific “support” line trying to find out what had happened to a very expensive laptop I had paid for. Nobody I ever spoke to was empowered to do anything. They always used the same script. It was incredibly frustrating and in the end I pushed for day after day to get a refund and swore to never deal with them again. Check Trustpilot.

Associate
Still running 2 ancient 7870's in xfire that works ok for most game I play. Really struggling in D2R. No Xfire support so runs off 1 card and dipping to 20fps at low settings in multiplayer in certain areas unless I zoom. I suppose in a way it adds to the nostalgic experience by replicating playing it on a toaster with a very slow laptop drive and 300ms ping over dial up

But I'm not paying these stupid prices. I'd get an RX 6600 XT or rtx 3060 at retail but I can't justify these prices. Currently a 15% increase on a single 7870 to a GTX 1050ti would cost me around £200. Completely insane and pointless when a couple of years ago a 100% performance increase to an RX 580 would have been £140. Wish I had just got one then.

How many budget to mid end gamers like me have just given up. I wonder.

Last edited:
Associate
One thing that really annoys me about all this is that a lot of reviewers are still reviewing based on the MSRP. They should at this point be reviewing solely based on the availability and affordability to consumers.

Associate
Still running 2 ancient 7870's in xfire that works ok for most game I play. Really struggling in D2R. No Xfire support so runs off 1 card and dipping to 20fps at low settings in multiplayer in certain areas unless I zoom. I suppose in a way it adds to the nostalgic experience by replicating playing it on a toaster with a very slow laptop drive and 300ms ping over dial up

But I'm not paying these stupid prices. I'd get an RX 6600 XT or rtx 3060 at retail but I can't justify these prices. Currently a 15% increase on a single 7870 to a GTX 1050ti would cost me around £200. Completely insane and pointless when a couple of years ago a 100% performance increase to an RX 580 would have been £140. Wish I had just got one then.

How many budget to mid end gamers like me have just given up. I wonder.

I managed to snag myself a card but still need another two for kids, 6950 and 7950 need replacing. As you pointed out nothing below 1650 super really makes any sense.. over £300 for a £125 card, bite me.

I've noticed some new sites popping up offering cards at MSRP, some even under..

QpCkkPy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That's more than lightly a scam. There's no chance a 1650, let alone a super would be selling at £130 right now. If there was availability the big shops would have stock, but none of them do.

Man of Honour
That's more than lightly a scam. There's no chance a 1650, let alone a super would be selling at £130 right now. If there was availability the big shops would have stock, but none of them do.
Occasionally a big site does claim availability at these prices, but usually it's a mistake and they cancel the order.

Back
Top Bottom