Gaming Kickstarters

Soldato
I watched a play through of the Witcher game and it look like quantity over quality. lots of mechanics that don't need to be there, or if they are they could be simplified somewhat. It's a strange one to explain but something just seems its too messy for what it is.

Associate
I watched a play through of the Witcher game and it look like quantity over quality. lots of mechanics that don't need to be there, or if they are they could be simplified somewhat. It's a strange one to explain but something just seems its too messy for what it is.

You could well be right. Mostly in it for the ip, hoping that time is spent refining the gameplay. Bloodborne the board game went through a lot of changes during the Kickstarter that streamlined and simplified stuff.

Associate
Dice throne Marvel edition coming to Kickstarter soon, might as well prepare my wallet to get absolutely destroyed for this one.

Thanks for the heads up I didn't know that was coming, I really enjoyed the co-op adventures expansion they did but wasn't that keen on the 1v1 base game.

I've not backed much else recently, but I am going to back a cute co-op tower defense style game called "Keep the Heroes Out" that's just about to end, it looks right up my alley: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/luisbrueh/keep-the-heroes-out

And I noticed the last expansion for "Too many bones" is coming out on Gamefound soon, so I'll probably pick that up too as I did enjoy the mechanics in that co-op game.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up I didn't know that was coming, I really enjoyed the co-op adventures expansion they did but wasn't that keen on the 1v1 base game.

I've not backed much else recently, but I am going to back a cute co-op tower defense style game called "Keep the Heroes Out" that's just about to end, it looks right up my alley: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/luisbrueh/keep-the-heroes-out

And I noticed the last expansion for "Too many bones" is coming out on Gamefound soon, so I'll probably pick that up too as I did enjoy the mechanics in that co-op game.
Looks like it's going to be compatible with dice throne season 1 and 2, I was looking at buying the previous two which is when I stumbled accross this, expensive month ahead (I was looking at too many bones too!)

Commissario
It looks like my Hellboy Roleplaying Game and Batman the Animated Series kickstarters should be arriving reasonably soon, the Batman one is apparently expected to hit the UK on Sunday or Monday and be in people's hands within a month (assuming no customs delays or anything I imagine).

Associate
Call to Adventure: Epic Origins has 8 days left.
Really liked the first one and the quality and artwork was excellent.
I had just read Name of the Wind too so picked up that expansion. Stormlight Archives was an expansion too but not read that.

Its a deck building/point scoring game.

Name of the Wind was a great series, I can't wait till Rothfuss finishes the last book :)

Soldato
Massive Darkness 2 arrived yesterday.
The missus unboxed it and stacking each pack/expansion on top of the other, its nearly as tall as she is.

I have no idea where its going to live.

Associate
Massive Darkness 2 arrived yesterday.
The missus unboxed it and stacking each pack/expansion on top of the other, its nearly as tall as she is.

I have no idea where its going to live.
Yeah, there's tons of it lol.

I received mine a couple of weeks back. Got it to the table to learn the game. Need to play it properly soon.

Pet Northerner
Don
Bit of a noob question I'm sure but if you miss a KS, is there any way to still purchase a game?

I was looking at the Thunder Road KS.

to be honest unless a game as a really specific KS exclusive (and I'm seeing less and less nowadays) you want it's always almost better to go retail. It'll end up cheaper and you'll get the game within a short time of outlaying your cash.

Soldato
to be honest unless a game as a really specific KS exclusive (and I'm seeing less and less nowadays) you want it's always almost better to go retail. It'll end up cheaper and you'll get the game within a short time of outlaying your cash.

Quite. And you won't fall foul of all the rubbish that some terrible kickstarters come up with when it all goes wrong - just looked through the Lords of Vegas reprint kickstart and its seemed to have gone terribly. Shame because I really want a copy of Lords of Vegas but its just been mismanaged completely.

Back
Top Bottom