Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Associate
Bit of feedback following my LASIK surgery on Saturday, the experience was painless as stated by the consultant but it wasn't a pleasant experience to go through.

After the surgery I had bandage contact lenses placed on both eyes to protect the flap which had been cut and was in the process of healing, was also told to wear sunglasses straight after surgery as your eyes are more sensitive to light. I was told to get lots of rest ; my eyes felt sore , I had also been given antibacterial and anti inflammatory eye drops to be put in every hour.

I went back on Sunday to the clinic to have my bandage contact lenses removed and they tested my vision and said I have 20/20 vision, they also gave me lubricating eye drops to treat the eye dryness, they told me now to put the drops in every 2 hours.

All in all so far so good, I feel like it was well worth it.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Bit of feedback following my LASIK surgery on Saturday, the experience was painless as stated by the consultant but it wasn't a pleasant experience to go through.

After the surgery I had bandage contact lenses placed on both eyes to protect the flap which had been cut and was in the process of healing, was also told to wear sunglasses straight after surgery as your eyes are more sensitive to light. I was told to get lots of rest ; my eyes felt sore , I had also been given antibacterial and anti inflammatory eye drops to be put in every hour.

I went back on Sunday to the clinic to have my bandage contact lenses removed and they tested my vision and said I have 20/20 vision, they also gave me lubricating eye drops to treat the eye dryness, they told me now to put the drops in every 2 hours.

All in all so far so good, I feel like it was well worth it.

Youre past the worst part. Congratulations.

Dont be afraid to use the drops more than every 2 hours if needed, you cant overdo them and it just makes the whole process more comfortable.

Associate
Hi everyone,

the thread is really long but have been going through it. I’m thinking of going with Optimax for my laser eye surgery, as I have had consultation with OE (4590) and Focus (4800), and Optimax is on the lower end of the cost for this (3990).

Anyone had any recent or new experience with these companies?

Associate
Hi everyone,

the thread is really long but have been going through it. I’m thinking of going with Optimax for my laser eye surgery, as I have had consultation with OE (4590) and Focus (4800), and Optimax is on the lower end of the cost for this (3990).

I had mine done in Optimax 2.5yrs ago now, and I’d recommend them to anyone, friends or family! I’m just annoyed I only had them done at the age of 41, as I wasted so much money over the years on glasses and contact lenses! Go for it, you won’t regret it :)

Soldato
My eyes are around +5.25 is laser eye suitable for me?

I'm getting sick of glasses in recent years not fitting properly and the fact high street opticians seem to have done away with the front of house staff who actually fit and adjust them for you when you collect and replaced them with uninterested school leavers who just hand them to you. That and coupled with covid hysteria. Also a lot of the cheap online spec places won't do anything above a +4.00.

Soldato
My eyes are around +5.25 is laser eye suitable for me?

I'm getting sick of glasses in recent years not fitting properly and the fact high street opticians seem to have done away with the front of house staff who actually fit and adjust them for you when you collect and replaced them with uninterested school leavers who just hand them to you. That and coupled with covid hysteria. Also a lot of the cheap online spec places won't do anything above a +4.00.

Depends on some factors like astigmatism and your cornea thickness, hyperopic prescriptions are tricker to deal with. I recommend going to highly rated places, like LVC or Moorfields.

Associate
I had mine done in Optimax 2.5yrs ago now, and I’d recommend them to anyone, friends or family! I’m just annoyed I only had them done at the age of 41, as I wasted so much money over the years on glasses and contact lenses! Go for it, you won’t regret it :)

Nice! I’m really looking forward to it but I guess sometimes reading bad reviews worry me! I’m glad it fixed for your and helped you in the long run!

Associate
At these prices, just go to London Vision Clinic and know youre in the best hands in the country.

I just saw on their website for standard laser it’s about 5200 which is a lot more than what I’ve been offered by two others. Not sure if that’s a fixed price or a ‘from’ price etc. How much did you spend?

Sgarrista
Commissario
I just saw on their website for standard laser it’s about 5200 which is a lot more than what I’ve been offered by two others. Not sure if that’s a fixed price or a ‘from’ price etc. How much did you spend?

£4800

Plus hours of traveling and train tickets, but the peace of mind of knowing who was messing with my eyes was more than worth it.

Caporegime
Hi everyone,

I used London vision clinic and the relex smile procedure which doesn't cut a flap but instead uses a hole to take a layer out resulting in less nerve damage and less risk of dry eyes.

Iirc was 3900 or 4900 can't remember, there is a video of the procedure on YouTube

It takes longer to heal aprox 1-2 days vs near instant vision so try to do it on a Friday so you don't need a day off work if you choose them.

Really satisfied several years ok eyes still perfect and don't feel any different

Caporegime
I can’t have laser eye surgery as got a condition in both eyes called Keratoconus. The corneas are thinned and coned shaped so affects vision. Had surgery on both eyes to stabilise the condition. Corneas are too thin now.
Could be worth asking lvc if they can't operate the observation is free

Caporegime
You really don't want to entrust your vision to the lowest bidder!

Caporegime

Oh wow its gone up they do 2 tiers one higher for certain conditions one lower and that's it no sliding scale for features etc you pay and get the best they can do and after care for the year including repeat surgeries if required

LvC is where you get send when the likes of optical expresses discount 350 per eye jobby goes wrong.

The head surgeon there is theguy who was behind most of the machines and tech iques the others use

Caporegime
Worth emailing them either way thier friendly and will give upfront advice and costing they don't try to sell you on anyhing

Sgarrista
Commissario
Really satisfied several years ok eyes still perfect and don't feel any different

7 years 2 months since mine. My eye test on year 1 was exactly where expected. The eye test on year 2 was slightly better and has stayed exactly there for the last 5 years. Due a new test whenever time allows to book in, but expecting the same result.

Back
Top Bottom