Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Caporegime
Hi all,

After realising that since I was 15 I've spent £2.5k on contact lenses now I'm seriously considering laser eye treatment.

So whos had it done? How much did it cost? How quickly could you go back to work/normal life? Who would you recommend getting it done by? :)

Cheers,
Jake

Caporegime
OP
I guess you're looking to ditch the specs on account of them not fitting in with your amazing hair?

Not quite :p

Just over the years I've spent a lot of money and lenses rarely cause me irritation or issues, but it'd be nice if I never had to use them or glasses again :) - Glasses I hate...infact I detest them.

Considering its not as expensive as it used to be, I'm now seriously considering it. :)

Caporegime
OP
Phate - read up on Focus too... doesn't hurt to have a comparison, I really can't rate them high enough after 3 years of shopping around and researching.

http://www.focusclinics.com/

Very honest, thorough and all of them have a good knowledge/understanding of the treatment...which fills you with confidence.

Had a look on their site mate, all looks great but with it starting at £1400 per eye I don't think I can afford it to be honest :)

I'm budgeting upto 2grand for this :)

Caporegime
OP
Had my consult and tests today :)

In short, yes I'm suitable :)

I wanted LASIK with Wavefront and they said that's suitable for me \o/ - Total cost will be £2100.

Getting a deposit to them at the end of the week then booking it, they have a slot available on June 7th or the 15th, I'm hoping to nab one of those :)

Caporegime
OP
With who? Optical Express?

If so, check the thread on MoneySavingExpert about money off laser eye surgery. There are loads of people with discount vouchers for 'sale', as once you've had the treatment, OE send you loads of 'recommend a friend' cards every six months or so.

Otherwise I can probably sort you out if I have any lying around (I can do the whole £300, not fussed about rebate). Not sure if you need to tell them at the time of booking, worth investigating anyway.

It can get you up to £300 extra off with the loyalty scheme.

:eek:

I'll take a look now, well when I ring up to pay the deposit I can ask about the money off bit :) - Cheers pal.

And yeh sorry with Optical Express.

Caporegime
OP
IIRC all you need to do, is give them the voucher reference number and the name of the referrer. I'd get this before ringing as they'll only ask for it.

Ok, do you have a link to the thread showing them? My epically crap search skills have failed me once again. :)

EDIT: NVM Found it :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hey Robbie,

I've had a look, most people wanting to go halfs, if you can find one and are willing to send me then I'd really appreciate it and will buy you a beer at the next meet we both attend :)

Caporegime
OP
lol typical :p

And cheers fella, I'll ask when I ring up to pay the deposit :)

EDIT: Right, registered and posted :)

Roll on Friday for a confirmed booking :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom