Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Associate
Hoping this is more FH2, they seem to have gone downhill since that one.

Excellent to look at and great feel whilst driving but incredibly boring after the initial hour or so.

Associate
Apart from the one very obvious difference, it appears practically identical to FH4.

The visual quality and environment appeals a lot, but that's the end of it. Can't see me bothering with this one.

Associate
Is there any news specifically on the multiplayer aspect? Jumping into online racing in FH4 is basically a giant infuriating ram-fest with everybody playing bumper cars as soon as the initial ghosting wears off.

I couldn't see if any changes have been made in the initial batch of streamer videos that are being uploaded to Youtube..

Soldato
Apart from the one very obvious difference, it appears practically identical to FH4.

The visual quality and environment appeals a lot, but that's the end of it. Can't see me bothering with this one.
Agree. Same game, different location. Unless it's visually far superior I'll not really be playing this much. It's on gamepass so I'll obviously give it a whirl.

Associate
Gamepass aside (which I dont have/want) is Steam a good place to purchase this on - no issues with FH4 on Steam?

I originally bought FH4 on Windows Store but prefer Steam as a platform.

Soldato
If I didn't have gamepass I'd be so uninterested by this, but might as well check it out it's free. FH4 bored the absolute titties off me after a few days, I imagine FH5 will be exactly the same.

Ready for the next proper Forza Motorsport now and GT7 on PS5 for my next arcade racing kicks.

Soldato
Go on treat yourself haha.

Edit:

Preload is up!

Before downloading Forza Horizon 5, ensure you meet the storage capacity requirement for your platform of choice:

• Xbox Series X|S: 103 GB
  • Xbox One: 116 GB
  • Windows: 103 GB
  • Steam*: 103 GB

*Stay tuned to our social channels for an update on Steam preload timing.

Last edited:
Associate
Gamepass aside (which I dont have/want) is Steam a good place to purchase this on - no issues with FH4 on Steam?

The rumble on the xbox controller triggers didn't work on FH4 steam, they've said it's fixed for 5. I've heard that Steam was even more sketchy than the already sketchy windows store version for connecting to multiplayer but haven't tried it. If you buy on Steam it's 5 quid cheaper but you don't get to also play it on your xbox if you have one.

That said I've preordered FH5 on steam because the windows store is an abomination. Badly laid out, hard to see what you need to install out of multiple pointless options and about half the download speed for me.

Back
Top Bottom