Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ole would have been a great manager....

Behave Adam - the world's moved on since the Fergie days. Top managers ARE top coaches AND top leaders.

CDM was the problem last week. Ronaldo this week. You were foaming at the mouth when he signed.

All excuses for the absolute ineptitude of Solskjaer. It was clear as day the minute he took over this was going to be a car crash. All this "the united way" crap.... Football evolves and clubs need to along with it.

Soldato
OP
Behave Adam - the world's moved on since the Fergie days. Top managers ARE top coaches AND top leaders.

CDM was the problem last week. Ronaldo this week. You were foaming at the mouth when he signed.

All excuses for the absolute ineptitude of Solskjaer. It was clear as day the minute he took over this was going to be a car crash. All this "the united way" crap.... Football evolves and clubs need to along with it.

100% agree

Ole was the man to steady the ship after Jose.... He did that well. However that was as far as it should have gone.

He was NEVER the man to take United forward, he doesn't have the experience to manage at this level yet.... 250 odd games managing Molde and 30 at Cardiff....

Just like Lampard at Chelsea - did a decent job for 6-9 months till you get your long term appointment and move him on.

This is not me saying he should go after yesterday, I've said it consistently for months and months now - zero progression, refuses to change despite obvious problems.

Utterly bizarre if he's still in charge at the weekend. And his comments yesterday are just ridiculous - it's literally like watching a car crash in slow motion.....It's not a knee jerk reaction to yesterday, it needs to be sorted immediately.

Soldato
The board don't have a clue though, whilst Ole definitely should be sent on his way with a "thanks for trying your best, all the best for the future" I don't think the board will sack him as they're incompetent.

Man of Honour
All the usual Man Utd sources have been briefed that he's lost the players (and they don't like his staff, either).

End times.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ronaldo dug us out the crap so many times this season we would be in a hell of a worse place without him.

No we wouldn't. Thats not how football works. Just because someone has scored X goals doesn't mean that without them you would score X less goals. If a player makes you worse as a team and makes you disjointed then it doesn't matter if they dig you out of a hole now and then. If we would have scored 10 goals without Ronaldo and we score 7 with him then hes a net negative on the side. Maybe if Ronaldo wasn't playing we wouldn't need those last gasp goals. Who knows. What you cannot say is that he has "saved us" with any certainty. There is a reason Juventus let him leave and were more than happy to see him go.

Hes on massive wages and has to have the team revolve around him.

Soldato
I don't think Solskjaer has done that bad over the last couple of seasons. He's not top drawer tactically, but frankly, neither was Ferguson, but they're both good man managers, which at a club that spends like Man Utd and therefore for most games fields better players, is often enough.

What has let him down is the signing of Ronaldo. His workrate was always going to have a negative impact and would require some rethinking and teething especially in big games against fully formed teams like Liverpool. Whoever the manager, they're going to have the same problem.

I've read a lot of fans think that the main problem is the lack of top quality defensive midfield. It isn't. The problem is that the squad, from top to bottom is more suited to playing compact, direct, counter attacking football, but in order to transition into a more complete, versatile and consistent team, they have to be able to play with some proper pressing. That pressing was evident at times last season and Ronaldo completely wrecks that. He was possibly the worst signing imaginable. The main problem is that none of the forwards bar Cavani, whilst all scorers of good goals, are good enough do to it either.

I don't believe that Solskjaer would have actively wanted to sign Ronaldo either. He's been offered the chance and taken it, sure, but he most probably didn't have much say in it.

I'm sorry, but this has to be the most laughable post I've ever read in this sub forum (Ferguson not tactically astute, are you kidding?). Ronaldo is certainly a problem because his strengths aren't able to be supplemented by creative wide players, and our CDMs can't transfer play from the back - Fred and McTominay aren't confident enough on the ball and are easily dispossessed when pressed. However, Ronaldo doesn't suddenly make us as defensively inept as we have been.

Ole is just useless, demonstrated perfectly by playing the exact same team that were woeful against Europa League fodder (which is exactly what Atalanta are) for 45 minutes.

The only thing more useless than Ole are the board because there's absolutely no way Ole should still have a job as Manchester United manager this morning.

Caporegime
He's not wrong about Fergie, tactical prowess wasn't his strength. He was smart to employ assistants that helped him in that respect. Queiroz in particular had a big influence on our success in that period.

I feel like people saying we were woeful against Atalanta for 45 mins didn't actually watch that game. The scoreline at halftime flattered them, we missed three 1-on-1's. Reminded me of us being 2-0 down at halftime to Soton last year, the same thing happened, they converted their only two chances and we were wasteful.

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure UTD must have the most expensive defence in the world, or one of the top 3.

Bissaka 45m
Shaw 30m
Maguire 80m
Varane 35m

Total £190m

To say we have the worst tackles per game in Europe except for Sassaulo.

1 clean sheet in 19 games (or whatever)

Is a joke.

We also have one of if not the most expensive midfield in the world

Pogba 80m
Sancho 70m
Bruno 60m
Fred 45m
Matic 30m
Mata 35m
VdB £40m

Probably others too

Not only is it one of the most expensive ever put together it's also one of the most experienced with multiple world Cup winners, European trophy winners and finalists etc.

To say we get out played by teams with full squads worth a fraction of our team tells you that something is wrong with our basic setup and play style.

Soldato
Thing is Mata & Matic are past it. Done as pros at this level.

VdB & Sancho are not impact players, they are system players and keep transitions and tempo going (which we have none).

Fred is just a nightmare. Poor first touch, awful under pressure and lightweight in a tackle.

Pogba has the worst attitude I've seen from a player in a Man Utd shirt. Lucky to not have been sent off earlier in the season and turns up for 2 games a season.

Only Bruno was worth the money and actually improved the team and had a positive impact.

Caporegime
Thing is Mata & Matic are past it. Done as pros at this level.

VdB & Sancho are not impact players, they are system players and keep transitions and tempo going (which we have none).

Fred is just a nightmare. Poor first touch, awful under pressure and lightweight in a tackle.

Pogba has the worst attitude I've seen from a player in a Man Utd shirt. Lucky to not have been sent off earlier in the season and turns up for 2 games a season.

Only Bruno was worth the money and actually improved the team and had a positive impact.

Well that's not my fault but that's where the club put the fans money.

Truth is its expensive, experienced and its what we have and week in week out we get less than the total sum in terms of output.

Managers are meant to get more out of players than the sun of the team through coordination, working together etc.

We get less.

Soldato
He's not wrong about Fergie, tactical prowess wasn't his strength. He was smart to employ assistants that helped him in that respect. Queiroz in particular had a big influence on our success in that period.

I feel like people saying we were woeful against Atalanta for 45 mins didn't actually watch that game. The scoreline at halftime flattered them, we missed three 1-on-1's. Reminded me of us being 2-0 down at halftime to Soton last year, the same thing happened, they converted their only two chances and we were wasteful.

I watched the game and we were awful, evident by the fact everyone watching except Ole and you said it was a poor 45 minutes from United, including the fans booing at half time (I have no idea why you defend the performances so vehemently). Even Scholes said it himself, play the way we did in the first half against Liverpool and you'll be several goals down before the half is over and you won't be coming back - Scholes might as well give me next weeks lotto numbers because yesterday played out exactly that way. Defensively we were woeful and if you're going to leak goals like that and not be clinical at the other end then what else do you expect?

I'm not calling that a classic CL United comeback. Oh how our fans expectations have fallen when nicking a win against a weakened Atalanta team is celebrated like one of the United comebacks of old. Let's not forget that De Gea stopped it from being 3 - 1 at some point with a double save.

Soldato
Not to mention Atalanta had squad issues. United have an almost first choice side out on the pitch and it looks wooden, slow and devoid of any creativity beyond a few triangles and side to side movement of the ball.

Caporegime
I watched the game and we were awful, evident by the fact everyone watching except Ole and you said it was a poor 45 minutes from United, including the fans booing at half time (I have no idea why you defend the performances so vehemently). Even Scholes said it himself, play the way we did in the first half against Liverpool and you'll be several goals down before the half is over and you won't be coming back - Scholes might as well give me next weeks lotto numbers because yesterday played out exactly that way. Defensively we were woeful and if you're going to leak goals like that and not be clinical at the other end then what else do you expect?

I'm not calling that a classic CL United comeback. Oh how our fans expectations have fallen when nicking a win against a weakened Atalanta team is celebrated like one of the United comebacks of old. Let's not forget that De Gea stopped it from being 3 - 1 at some point with a double save.

We didn't nick a win at all. We dominated them. They had 1 chance outside the goals and it was a comfortable save for De Gea. The xG was 2.95 to 1.65 and that doesn't even include the one on one where Rashford didn't shoot. People are acting like Atalanta were in complete control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom