Spec me a CCTV System

Associate
Just realised there is a DS-2CD2347G1-LU and a DS-2CD2347G2-LU. Not sure of the difference. BB seem to have the G2 variant.

I'm going to try this to replace my existing 2332 camera using the 7616-E2-NI. As the camera supports H264, it should still work.

Soldato
I'm wanting two cameras and a NVR which will record constantly - but mark detected motion, or record only motion would be fine if reliable.

I also want a system which can be viewed via a mobile app. This will basically be used instead of the ring.

Are these requirements dependant on the NVR, or the cameras? (I was looking at the HiLook ColourVU)

Soldato
Certainly, almost any current surveillance camera will do what you want.

With Hikvision the IP camera or the NVR can generate both the motion detection alerts and push them to the mobile app. Generally, its easier to just get the NVR to push the alerts because it means you only see one device in the app rather than three.

You want cameras and an NVR with Accusense, which is what Hikvision call their motion detection system. You will then need the Hik-Connect App to view the system remotely.

Soldato
Soldato
In the DMSS app locate the camera or NVR and then click on the settings icon (the little gear) then Notification, then enable, then IVS or SMD depending ion which you are using (I strongly recommend IVS) then Perimeter Protection and you'll get an alert when the alarm goes off.

To set the times the alarm is active, click on the Period "Setting" button and click ALL so it does it for every day then enter 02:00 and 05:00. That's it.

And you can record your own sound and upload it to the camera. I personally like a west-country accented "Get Orf myyyyyyy LAAAAAAAAAAAAND".

Hi mate,

Is there a way for my camera not to make a noise when it senses motion and just send me a notification on my phone? I haven't found an option and the only thing I could think of was to record blank noise and upload that to the camera.

Soldato
Hi mate,

Is there a way for my camera not to make a noise when it senses motion and just send me a notification on my phone? I haven't found an option and the only thing I could think of was to record blank noise and upload that to the camera.

There are options to play a sound (tick/untick) and flash the lights (tick/untick). You get extra options on the menu if they are ticked.

Soldato
Yes, that camera lists motion detection as a basic feature. There is no AI on that camera so you will probably get quite a few false alerts, but the equivalent Accusense camera is somewhat more expensive. Maybe double the price.

Would it be worth getting the better ones? I don't mind a false alerts, but don't want it to miss any.
Our old ring doorbell misses half the people who walk passed

Soldato
Question about cable routing with NVRs. Say I have 3 or 4 outdoor PEO cameras at the front. Should I try and route all 4 cables through a big hole in the wall into the house or do people ever mount external switches and then just feed a single cable into the house?

Soldato
Question about cable routing with NVRs. Say I have 3 or 4 outdoor PEO cameras at the front. Should I try and route all 4 cables through a big hole in the wall into the house or do people ever mount external switches and then just feed a single cable into the house?

A switch will need power. So that’s 2 cables. Are you getting your PoE from an NVR or a PoE switch? If it’s an NVR then direct cables every time. CAT5e cables are tiny compared to CAT6 or CAT6A, so you can easily get 4 of them through a pretty small hole. Remember to get outside cable if you’re running them naked.

Soldato
I think you answered that yourself. What’s the point of spending £400 if it doesn’t do what you want when £520 does it right the first time?

Do you have a link for these better cameras? Can't find any sellers of Hikvision for the general public.

Actually, thinking of Hikvision vs the public; does Hikvision offer any support and warranty for the general public?

Soldato
There are options to play a sound (tick/untick) and flash the lights (tick/untick). You get extra options on the menu if they are ticked.
I'm on the web service having a look at the alarm section and even if I tick/untick that Alarm Tone box it still makes a noise.
hVwOMrM.jpeg

Soldato
Apologies for not reading 34pages, but can anyone point me in the right direction to a 4cam system, 1tb drive and hdmi output plus anything else that's useful for <100
Does such a thing exist that's not Wish crap?

Soldato
I'm not sure your price expectations are realistic, just 1TB hard drive is 30-40% of that £100 budget.

In reality a single decent camera is the best part of £100 on its own.

Soldato
Apologies for not reading 34pages, but can anyone point me in the right direction to a 4cam system, 1tb drive and hdmi output plus anything else that's useful for <100
Does such a thing exist that's not Wish crap?

No. Screwfix currently have a special offer on Swann - 2 cameras and a 1Tb recorder for £200 - and somewhere in this thread you’ll find a post from me about replacing my parents Swann system because Swann changed OEM supplier and their app no longer worked on modern phones.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/swann-sw...p-cctv-dvr-kit-2-indoor-outdoor-cameras/800jt

or 4 cameras for £249

https://www.screwfix.com/p/swann-sw...1080p-cctv-kit-4-indoor-outdoor-cameras/907jt

And it worth noting those are CVI Analogue systems with a DVR - if you want IP cameras you need to pretty much double that again. Not that there is anything wrong with CVI/DVR - you get a decent image over a shotgun cable - just that most folks want networked cameras these days.

Soldato

Daytime image quality will probably be just fine. Night image quality not so much. No faces and no number plates will be readable. And you won’t know the difference because no-one ever demonstrated a decent system to you. Motion alerts will be pixel based so you’ll get alerts every time a tree or bush moves in the wind. And they are using a 3rd party app so it will probably stop working at some point, and it’s not their app so the seller can do nothing for you.

For the money it’s probably excellent value.when you get it, post up some images and it’ll probably be great.

Back
Top Bottom