Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
51670735175_b95c36061e_h.jpg

On track today.

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Pure internet trolling, just as bad as the BMW supra comments.

Every single person I spoke to today (real people) knew what the car was.

smh makes me wonder why I bother posting on here anymore.

horses for courses though. I personally think it’s the ugliest car they make. You won’t get everybody liking every car on a forum

Soldato
horses for courses though. I personally think it’s the ugliest car they make. You won’t get everybody liking every car on a forum

Im not asking people to like it? I post to generate discussion as this is a discussion board.

One word replies do not constitute as discussion.

I’ve got a fairly interesting collection of cars, I’d of thought the motors forum would be the right place to talk about them.

Apparently not.

Caporegime
Im not asking people to like it? I post to generate discussion as this is a discussion board.

One word replies do not constitute as discussion.

I’ve got a fairly interesting collection of cars, I’d of thought the motors forum would be the right place to talk about them.

Apparently not.

I think it is mainly due to the general hate from pistonheads for SUV's in general. Aston could have made that into an estate or shooting break and not only would it look 100% better but its road going characteristic would have been better as well. (Although I am sure its roadgoing characteristic are plenty good already).

They are simply making a car to market demands and profiling.

SUV's have their place in the realms of Land Cruisers and Discoveries but that's where it ends for me at least but that is why the world is a fantastic place because everyone has different tastes. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it is mainly due to the general hate from pistonheads for SUV's in general. Aston could have made that into an estate or shooting break and not only would it look 100% better but its road going characteristic would have been better as well. (Although I am sure its roadgoing characteristic are plenty good already).

They are simply making a car to market demands and profiling.

SUV's have their place in the realms of Land Cruisers and Discoveries but that's where it ends for me at least but that is why the world is a fantastic place because everyone has different tastes. :)

Piston heads is the classic gate keeping “enthusiast” type of site which unless you drive an sub 1500kg n/a 6 cyl+ rwd manual car you are basically a “normie” who may as well have an electric A to B car. Totally against the grain for me as a car enthusiast they go way too far down the path to essentially elitism.

The way the DBX handles is simply insane, the anti roll bar tech works and makes the car change direction nicely. Braking is where the weight and higher position are felt as you cannot mitigate the weight transfer forward. It weighs nearly 2.3t so you’d expect that.

Yeah if Aston did a 4 door saloon/estate you could actually use practically(Rapide not with standing as practicality is woeful). Than I probably would have gone that way. I am enjoying SUV life though, I live rurally so being able to go over poorly surfaced roads, mud, flood water is a benefit.

I would upload my gopro videos onto YouTube to share on here but I can’t be arsed now as I’ll have to deal with the armchair pro racing drivers critiquing my driving too.

Back
Top Bottom