*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Think BF2042 is going to be a hard pass for me.

Watching streams it just looks horrible, AI alone been in the game is a massive nono for me.. don't want to play against AI at all, For a game that's as big as Battlefield and the amount of players it should be able to pull in if its good, there shouldn't be any need for stupid AI to be in the game.

Caporegime
DICE always amuse me with their workflow, they go through countless patches/games to get something working very well yet for some reason, they throw all those years of various implementations/changes, community feedback etc. out the window... surely they must be trolling as you can't be that stupid..... Gunplay and having random spread or/and some stupid suppression system where your bullets go everywhere but where you aim has always been the biggest complaint.

All in all the game is enjoyable and the shiny shiny fun factor is there especially with bc 2 and bf 3 maps but not sure if I'm ready to commit to buying it fully yet until they sort out the issues, as we all know, once that nostalgia wears of, the game ends up dead not long after release, just see the BF 5 thread (and the bf 1 to an extent) for how that started and ended....

Love the lack of a scoreboard/leader board too, or rather not seeing k/d as in theory it should keep the ones who want teamplay/objective play sticking to the game (especially since the "scoreboard" that is there is completely orientated towards squad play) and the lone wolves can go back to COD TDM, however, it would be nice to be able to see the full scoreboard of all players, easier to see when clan stack is happening or potentially any cheaters i.e. unusually high score compared to everyone else.

Last edited:
Soldato

It is actually that bad, bullet spread is terrible, it's completely broken imo the only guns without spread are snipers so if you want to be accurate be a sniper.

A marksman from 20 metres away don't get a hit marker if you dare to move and assault rifles feel random. Like I said above this is the worst battlefield I have ever played. BFV had it's issues but at least it was half fun on release, this is just frustrating and terrible.

Soldato
Love the lack of a scoreboard/leader board too, or rather not seeing k/d as in theory it should keep the ones who want teamplay/objective play sticking to the game (especially since the "scoreboard" that is there is completely orientated towards squad play) and the lone wolves can go back to COD TDM, however, it would be nice to be able to see the full scoreboard of all players, easier to see when clan stack is happening or potentially any cheaters i.e. unusually high score compared to everyone else.

But you still have to get hundreds of kills to level up your weapon and get the attachments which are pretty necessary, so with or without a scoreboard people are going to be concentrating on kills.

Caporegime
More crash news
https://kotaku.com/battlefield-2042...utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=twitter

EA looking into the crashing on XBOX
https://ea.response.lithium.com/por...=H3_gTmBwY9ozQt9zrboClDfl9LPAgquHOmXUERBoeJ0=

PC CRASH : EA are aware and looking into it based on reports
Hi there, I can appreciate the error with the Direct X would be frustrating. Let me help you with some information. I can confirm that we are aware of this issue and are investigating. We have collected a number of examples from other players

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1459180498517848071

Soldato
Have to say as much as I'm enjoying this it needs some serious work to get it up to standard. Bullet spread is a major issue, especially on the AK (BF3) for the engineer, also the aim down sites reticule is barely visible on one of the sights for that gun. Quite often getting stuck in scenery is another issue. Everything just seems cumbersome at the moment. The graphics look good but almost like there is a weird smear or filter on (I have motion blur / film grain etc OFF).

Also getting weird CPU spikes causing stuttering when aiming down sites in portal (BF3 to be exact) anyone else had that issue? Could be amazing if they can polish the numerous issues, personally it shouldn't have been released in this state. Reels of EA bully tactics to get it out in time for christmas. It is enjoyable just far from being a great game in it's current state.

Associate
This must be one of the most generic shooters ever, did it really take 3+ years of development from 3 studios to come up with this?

Browsing the BF2042 subreddit and looking at all the bugs and removed features is depressing.

Gotta love gaming these days, it's all about pre orders, skins and battle passes, the rest are irrelevant.

Caporegime
Attachments are in the game for bc3 and bc3, you have to go to this screen before you deploy then right click to customize.

uYQDmHr.png

Then you'll get this screen below, but it seems bugged as i was only able to add a sight to my rifle, it wouldn;t allow the grenade or shotgun attachments. And some weapons it won't allow the attachments at all for some reason, it flat out wouldn't let me put a scope on the an94, presumably a bug. Think this works the same for bf3 as well.

oGHEZvY.png

Caporegime
This must be one of the most generic shooters ever, did it really take 3+ years of development from 3 studios to come up with this?

Gotta love gaming these days, it's all about pre orders, skins and battle passes, the rest are irrelevant.

The juries still out on this being an actual battlefield game from the get go, why for instance would they have ditched all the movement mechanics they'd been improving for years which were arguably at their best in bfv for such a simplified system in this? I really do think this was originally intended as something else then they changed their minds and slapped "battlefield" on it. Everything in this just seems to be simplified like they didn't want to put a ton of dev time into a free to play game and have it be overly complex vs the other ftps games out there, then when plans changed they went with what they had. Though portal is enjoyable, would be even more enjoyable if i could set up the game i want to instead of dice letting these xp tardathon servers take priority. :rolleyes:

HRL

HRL

Soldato

Watching streams it just looks horrible, AI alone been in the game is a massive nono for me.. don't want to play against AI at all, For a game that's as big as Battlefield and the amount of players it should be able to pull in if its good, there shouldn't be any need for stupid AI to be in the game.

Games would be pretty quiet without the bots this week as most people haven’t purchased the Gold or Ultimate versions and won’t be playing until next Friday, myself included.

Associate

Defo don't pass on the game ! I'm 38 years old and played games all my life since 10 and this is 100% not a game you want to miss ! It seems that the only people hating are the ones with issues with running the game correctly ! The games running gorgeous for me at 4k its its hands down one of the best battlefield games for me , its super nice and the games I've played are hell of a lot of fun......

Associate

Browsing the BF2042 subreddit and looking at all the bugs and removed features is depressing.

Go play the game and stop listening to what other says ! Worst thing you can do ! I've enjoyed this game a lot , mainly playing BF Portal as I feel that's more the type of wars I like but the game is fun no doubt about it and its never looked so good. Go try it out for £1 on the game pass

Associate
Does this feel as good as battlefield did in the older days? I loved Bad Company 1 & 2, i hope the destruction of buildings etc is still as good.

The BF 2 Portal map is fantastic ! So if you loved that game you will love the new 4k Graphics and explosions.... Been on this mode most and bloody cant get enough of it...... I;m baffled why its getting so much hate when too me its the best BF has ever looked to my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom