*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

V F

V F

Soldato
Sadly it's only Battlefield in name and nothing else.

I feel like i'm playing a poor mans copy of BF from 5+yrs ago !! it's dull as ...

The more streams I watch it looks nothing like the realism of Battlefield it's known as. It's also very toony looking to its colour palette.

Let alone the complete litter of stuff on the hud. Everything tagged telling you where to go. You cannot see nothing except 100s of markers. Even friendly aircraft is covered in team markers. Cyan markers everywhere.

Associate
Getting pretty bad lag/rubber banding at times today. Also quite a few glitches including that "press 3 to heal" message staying on screen the whole round and vehicles being locked out because supposedly I have one "in use"

Also on the results screen it says "you have reached the cap" or something - anyone know what that means ?

Theres also something "missing" with the graphics - everything looks very smooth and not that detailed. I dont think the new maps are that great - way to much open space with no cover in most of them.

Man of Honour
Browsing the BF2042 subreddit and looking at all the bugs and removed features is depressing.

Best thing to do (with all games, not just BF2042) is to never, ever...under any circumstances, browse reddit and read what people say there, it will only ever taint your opinion of a game. Its a bit like when theres a tv show/film and people read what people say about the tv show/film and then find that it affects their own enjoyment of the tv show/film. Reddit to me is like the 4Chan of the modern forum era

Caporegime
The more streams I watch it looks nothing like the realism of Battlefield it's known as. It's also very toony looking to its colour palette.

Let alone the complete litter of stuff on the hud. Everything tagged telling you where to go. You cannot see nothing except 100s of markers. Even friendly aircraft is covered in team markers. Cyan markers everywhere.

The audio is also very "off", i was just playing that kaleidoscope map, 128 players yet you'd think the map was empty. I could see some vtols etc flying around but you had zero sense you were in any kind of battlefield. Just some distant random explosions and that was really it. I think going to huge maps with 128 players is sort of stretching the battlefield game style past it's limits, it almost feels like im playing hell let loose or a "milsim" where you can fart ass around for large distances and see almost no one.

Associate
Personally i prefer having the large maps, gives you more time to think etc and not as cod like run round like a headless chicken, just wish a few of the maps were better designed

Caporegime
Also on the results screen it says "you have reached the cap" or something - anyone know what that means ?

Theres also something "missing" with the graphics - everything looks very smooth and not that detailed. I dont think the new maps are that great - way to much open space with no cover in most of them.

I think the cap thing might be in place so people can't rank up too far before the offical launch date.

The graphics and map design are sort of odd, theres a global conflict ongoing yet it looks like street cleaners have been working overtime, it just has a very sterile\clean look on a few of the maps. Detail seems to have been sacrificied in some of the geometry for the sake of performance i'd guess.

Soldato
Went for the 10 hour trial. Glad I did, this is very buggy at the moment. Also a bit disappointed by visuals, really not much of an improvement on BF4 imo. It seems to play more like Warzone than BF3/4; sliding around, high movement speed, generic gun handling, perks like add-on body armour you zip into your vest etc. The helicopters move waaaaaaay too fast, totally bonkers and the weird operator+class stuff is such an awful idea.

Soldato
Oh wow, I did not think this would be so bad and buggy as hell, you would think this was the beta version lol.

Everything set to low with 30 fps with RTX 2070....
I won't buy this until months later if it gets sorted.

Caporegime

Change the markers then?

Soldato
I've now played a few rounds of All out Warfare. Not impressed really.

128 players sounds good on the box/store front but it doesn't really add anything to the experience with the size of the maps. I'd much rather if it was 40v40 on maps ever so slightly bigger than the BF4 maps so that it felt like an actual battlefield. At the moment there are huge parts of unoccupied space that offer very little to the experience and it feels like a crappy version of Planetside where battles were just essentially skirmishes around various points.

Associate
Oh wow, I did not think this would be so bad and buggy as hell, you would think this was the beta version lol.

I won't buy this until months later if it gets sorted.
WOW and i was complaining about the performance ive been getting with my 2070! i get between 60 to 75fps, it rarely dips below 60fps but sometimes may hit high 50s...im playing on mostly high settings with a couple of things on medium

DLSS does absolutly NOTHING for me so i just keep it off

Man of Honour
Personally i prefer having the large maps, gives you more time to think etc and not as cod like run round like a headless chicken, just wish a few of the maps were better designed

I play a lot of Hell Let Loose etc, so I am entirely used to spending a large amount of time not seeing the enemy and just moving into positions rather than Counterstrike-esque (yuck I truly despise CS) fight-spawn-fight-spawn-fight-spawn types of maps.

Man of Honour

Wowsers, that is indeed terrible, I get double that with it on the High preset with my old 1080. Looks like I made a wise decision to avoid the RTX cards back when they were "the thing" to get :D

Soldato
Played 2 hours tonight and I am really struggling to find the positives.

The graphics seem very bland compared to BF V and BF 1. I'm not sure if it's the colour palette or the map design but everything seems so bland. They chose a future setting, giving them free reign to do pretty much anything, and they've made mostly large, bland industrial estates.

So many glitches too. Aircraft hopping around all over and people disappearing whilst parachuting. I went prone as a sniper in some grass and I could see outside the map below me.

The sound also seems way off. It's not immersive and has no real depth to it. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I also don't get the UI design either. What was wrong with right clicking to bleed out and left clicking to call for medic? Why now space bar? The scoreboard and load out customisation options are also very poor.

The one thing I was surprised about, is that it ran OK. I've only got a 4800h cpu and a 5600m in a laptop but it ran at a semi decent framerate on medium.

It feels like the devs had never played previous Battlefield games. Instead, they'd had the concept described to them and done their best to replicate it, but fell way short.

Caporegime
Why is it I am creaming over bad company 2? Why didn't they just remake that.

Game runs fine considering. My old 7700K and RX480 8GB running 70FPS on medium settings 1080P so more than playable. Maybe if I fiddle I might be able to do a mix of high and medium.

Playing Rush on Valparaiso seemed like I had never left even though I haven't played the game in ten years. I knew all the spots where to go and forgot how much of a beast the G3 and AN94 were. Most kids would have been in nappies when this was out so was slaughtering everyone :p.

It does make you think that 2009 to 2013 was a golden age in FPS. Everything is just pants now.

Back
Top Bottom