Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
No, because of this (I.e. it's 14 days after delivery, not 14 days after order...)

As for this...

... They wouldn't need to charge anyone, remember if you return the product for a refund then you're reliant on them actually processing that refund, and that's where the checks will take place.

Not how refunds work. They need to process the refund for the phone in a timely manor. Agree though at that point they should be sending a msg to the 3rd party saying do not ship the Bose or approve.

The third party caused the issue by allowing the approval and shipment of the Bose to early.

Also, lots of people pay by alternative payment methods so it's not just the case of holding back a refund. They may not have paid actually anything

Soldato
I got a good bit of use of android auto the last couple of days. I did have it drop/restart twice, but I think that was due to the cable.

Soldato
Anyone using the free headphones? Mine are coming today

Are they comfortable if you've got a big head (ooo errr!). That's the main thing for me. In good timing as I have loads of building work on next week!

Soldato
Anyone using the free headphones? Mine are coming today

Are they comfortable if you've got a big head (ooo errr!). That's the main thing for me. In good timing as I have loads of building work on next week!

From what I have read and having the Bose 35s I think you will enjoy them. The second had market has watered down the price you would be able to sell for. So I guess looking at eBay £150 tops.

I am going to keep my 35s and give these ones to my dad for Christmas

Soldato
So I have sent my Pixel 6 back for a refund about a week ago, still no refund as yet. However I just got an email, well 2 emails to say that my Google reward has been dispatched! I told Google that Im sending the phone back and dont want the promotional headphones anymore. Sort it out Google.

Could you let us know how the refund goes and how Google manage the headphone aspect?

Cheers :)

Soldato
From what I have read and having the Bose 35s I think you will enjoy them. The second had market has watered down the price you would be able to sell for. So I guess looking at eBay £150 tops.

I am going to keep my 35s and give these ones to my dad for Christmas

Ah cool, yeah I got them today and only tried them for 5 minutes but seemed good and comfy!

Associate
Could you let us know how the refund goes and how Google manage the headphone aspect?

Cheers :)

Well I got refunded early this morning and also the headphones came as well. I called up the 0330 number up and they said they couldn’t find my claim ?! I asked them what shall I do with the package and I was advised that they will look into it and get back to me.

Soldato
Well I got refunded early this morning and also the headphones came as well. I called up the 0330 number up and they said they couldn’t find my claim ?! I asked them what shall I do with the package and I was advised that they will look into it and get back to me.

Sounds like you've scored due to admin error, you've been more honest than most - although I would have did the same.

Associate
Sounds like you've scored due to admin error, you've been more honest than most - although I would have did the same.
Will see if they get back to me with an answer. Its pretty bad that they couldn’t find my claim, even with tools in this day and age.

If I don’t hear from them in a few days. I’ll call them back and get them to arrange collection of the headphones

Soldato
I've been noticing it more for the past couple of days but the wifi on this doesn't seem that stable, at least with my TP-Link Deco mesh units. Tried changing from WPA3 to WPA2, tried resetting the network settings and forgetting the network, but after a fair bit of time the wifi connection drops and then rejoins after a second. No other devices in the home is having the same issues. Going to get my Unifi AP out and see if the issue crops up there.

Soldato
I've been noticing it more for the past couple of days but the wifi on this doesn't seem that stable, at least with my TP-Link Deco mesh units. Tried changing from WPA3 to WPA2, tried resetting the network settings and forgetting the network, but after a fair bit of time the wifi connection drops and then rejoins after a second. No other devices in the home is having the same issues. Going to get my Unifi AP out and see if the issue crops up there.
Weird. Can't say I've noticed this with mine even at the blind spots in the house is ok

Soldato
Weird. Can't say I've noticed this with mine even at the blind spots in the house is ok

It was stable enough the last couple of weeks, but there was a huge power cut a couple of days affecting the entire town. I think that knocked everyone else's wifi networks onto the same channel when the power came back up, and TP-Link's Deco app is incredibly poor at choosing the best channel with no manual channel selection. Hopefully it's just the P6 being more sensitive to interference, living in a crowded area has been a bit of a pain getting the wifi perfect.

Edit: Still happening, so not my network. Going to see if it happens at work, maybe it's a neighbour causing bad interference.

Edit 2: Restarting my router seems to have mostly fixed it. Maybe it's time to retire the old Asus.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Anyone else think the photos taken with the 6 are a bit too processed now?

Looking back at some pictures from my 4XL and this 6 Pro, I think I actually prefer the 4XL's pictures.... :/

Associate
I have had Samsung phones prior to getting the pixel 6 and i have to admit i love the camera compared to the one on my s10e, s8, s7 all the way back to galaxy s2.
Took a few pictures over the weekend, some with friends in the house and others with friends in the pub. These are crystal clear and very sharp, actually commented to my wife how great i thought they looked.
My biggest gripe with Samsung was that pictures taken in these settings were really poor and also that the Samsung processing tended to make skin look waxy.
Sorry i can't make comparison with previous pixels but would assume that this will only get better and better as more software updates land. Cheers.

Associate
Is the 6 Pro a worthwhile upgrade from the 4XL?

I've had to RMA my 4XL with 2 weeks left on the warranty due to the phone constantly rebooting and 'unable to load android system' error since the Android 12 update. Plus bluetooth constantly turning off and on every minute or so.

I was thinking of getting the 6 Pro on a similar contract to what I have already and selling the 4XL once it comes back to me. Or do I just keep to 4XL and take out a sim only deal as my contract is up in 2 weeks?

Soldato
Anyone else think the photos taken with the 6 are a bit too processed now?

Looking back at some pictures from my 4XL and this 6 Pro, I think I actually prefer the 4XL's pictures.... :/

They are. You can tone them down a bit in the settings and they look so much better.

Associate
Having been playing with the Pixel 6 Pro since release day when it arrived , I'm in two minds about it and started to go back to my s21 Ultra.

The S21 is better hardware IMO and the finger print scanner is far better along with the mobile 5g reception.

Battery life is very similar, I really wanted to get back to the Native Android experience but now I have it I realise how much customisation Samsung have added to OneUI which make it better in someways compared to the default Pixel launcher.

Silly little things icon arrangement, not being able to turn off the date in the top left and lots of little bugs which can be quite irritating.

I was surprised how fast Samsung launched oneUI 4 with Android 12 actually, they have massively upped their game.

Camera wise it's really close , Samsung has some really great modes such as One shot which has enabled me to take some amazing shots of my kids, Directors view etc . A lot of the time the Samsung can take brilliant pictures, where the Pixel wins out every time is on colour accuracy, I really don't get why Samsung doesn't sort this out. The optical zoom to 10x is very good on the Samsung, I found myself using this more than I thought and even up to 30x then it's a mess.

Going to keep both but it's not a clear win for the Pixel 6 pro, maybe if I hadn't owned the S21 Ultra I would be even more impressed. I'm keen to see how the Pixel improves in software, also shows how close things are at the top of the market.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom