*** Exciting changes are coming to Overclockers UK! ***

OcUK Staff
OP
the filters are still lacking compared to competitors. Looking at some motherboards but can't filter by the type. I'm only interested in e.g. mini-itx and there's no way to view just those

It's something we will be working on. :)

Seems to be good a snappy since last week more changes perhaps?

Quite possibly, I know the team have been working on the website every single day making updates and changes to improve the site, so it will be getting better over time.

@fiveub

On Android mobile (Chrome) when I click into the store from the link at the top of the forum (big OCUK logo) it seems to be random which store front I get, sometimes it's the new layout but mostly the old.

I've cleaned out all cookies and history etc a couple of times but it's still doing it?

Regards,

Monkey :)

Once we move over to the new site fully, this should fix the problem. We were redirecting a small portion of users to the new site for testing purposes, but this will soon all be changed over to the new site soon. :)

Ordered quite a few orders now using the new website and tbh it's a lot better than the old site checkout wise. Seems to be a lot smoother and easier to use. I like how paying through paypal now allows you confirm your order prior to logging into paypal first. Where as on the old site, after confirming payment on paypal is the end of the checkout process.

New store defo needs more black and a lot less white space, the dead white space makes everything look out of place like it doesn't belong.

I see deleting an item from the dropdown basket doesn't take you to the basket page anymore which is good, glad that got implemented.

Glad to hear you had a good experience, and we've noted down about the dark mode. :)

Soldato
@fiveub I think I've found a bug. On the mobile version of the store page it looks like the filters are not showing all the available options. For example go to components, motherboards, AMD then click on the filter button. For me at least the options were only A350 and B450 no X series or Threadripper models. I tried this in the default Chrome browser version 95.0.4638.74 and a 3rd party browser called Ad-Blocker and got the same result.

Sorry I don't know how to take screenshots on my phone.

Soldato
What measures have you taken with the new setup to fix the problems which were always promised to be fixed with the new website, for when trying to buy very popular items during high traffic periods?...i.e. GPUs which you always had issues with over selling and not showing real time, accurate stock levels being reflected?

Soldato
Initial impressions from a quick browse on my large mobile phone screen, is that everything's too big and zoomed in. Not enough info on each page. A lot of white space. Homepage looks more amateur. Will properly explore in time.

OcUK Staff
OP
https://store.overclockers.co.uk/?query=Team%20Group%20Xtreem%20%228Pack%20Edition%22%2064GB

Possible error? The "B-Grade" RAM is £140~ MORE expensive than the retail stuff?

I've passed this onto the purchaser, this is more of an issue of the price not being updated correctly rather than a bug with the website. This should hopefully be fixed soon.

@fiveub I think I've found a bug. On the mobile version of the store page it looks like the filters are not showing all the available options. For example go to components, motherboards, AMD then click on the filter button. For me at least the options were only A350 and B450 no X series or Threadripper models. I tried this in the default Chrome browser version 95.0.4638.74 and a 3rd party browser called Ad-Blocker and got the same result.

Sorry I don't know how to take screenshots on my phone.

If you're able to take some screenshots, this would help a lot as we're struggling to replicate this, or if someone else on the forum is finding the same issue, please let us know.

What measures have you taken with the new setup to fix the problems which were always promised to be fixed with the new website, for when trying to buy very popular items during high traffic periods?...i.e. GPUs which you always had issues with over selling and not showing real time, accurate stock levels being reflected?

This is something we're taking measures with, the new website will certainly help us with this going forward.

Initial impressions from a quick browse on my large mobile phone screen, is that everything's too big and zoomed in. Not enough info on each page. A lot of white space. Homepage looks more amateur. Will properly explore in time.

This is something we've passed on to the team too as some others have mentioned this also. Thanks!

Soldato
I've passed this onto the purchaser, this is more of an issue of the price not being updated correctly rather than a bug with the website. This should hopefully be fixed soon.

Sound.

I do have a spot of feedback on the site though. When I right-click a category, EG, hover over "Gaming" and right-click, say "Noble Chairs", there is a distinct delay. I use Chrome on my PC. Not sure what causes it, but I shall try it on another system tomorrow and update you whether I can re-create the issue or not. (I have noticed, it doesn't happen all the time though?)

I echo what another user mentioned in regards to extra filters too, EG, a filter for Micro-ATX/Mini/ITX/ATX etc etc. Also, a dark mode is needed...

On the front page, rather than having a "Suggestions" products area, maybe a "Latest" products area too, as I cannot seem to find a "Latest Products" page via navigating.

Randomly, why is there an "EK Water Blocks EK-Loop Molex to SATA Adapter" (Product code: WC-A6Z-EK) in the Gaming Laptops section?

OcUK Staff
OP
It is, both sites are up and running, we've not completely moved over to the new site yet, but both websites are running side by side currently. :)

Associate
It would be nice to be able to save multiple delivery addresses, so I can have both work and home and just select the one I want, rather than having to type it out if it's different from my previous order.

I complained about the lack of filters when shopping on the old site so look forward to them being added.

OcUK Staff
OP
It would be nice to be able to save multiple delivery addresses, so I can have both work and home and just select the one I want, rather than having to type it out if it's different from my previous order.

I complained about the lack of filters when shopping on the old site so look forward to them being added.

You can add multiple addresses on the new website. :)

Associate
I really like the new design, it is simple, modern, and very readable. Good job everyone at OCUK! I want to report an interesting bug to do with the forum linking.
  1. I had items in my basket I wanted to check out prior to logging in for the first time on the new website.
  2. I reset my password as instructed on the login screen
  3. Then I went back to my basked to check out expecting to see the free shipping from my forum account linking I've used in previous orders but it wasn't there.
  4. I checked my account details in the store and it was successfully linked to my forum profile.
  5. I got all the items out of the basked and then added them again and the free shipping was there.
This was on desktop on Firefox but I doubt it would have mattered.

Associate
It appears the free shipping is still broken I tried to order nvme drive and it kept coming up £9 shipping as the cheapest option delivered.

I noticed if I click the logo at the top of this forum it takes me to the old site which I can log in fine but the new site I can not and even attempting multi times to follow the instructions about password recovery i never receive any emails.

Last edited:
Associate
@fiveub It looks like the free shipping has gone the other way for me, it applied a free DPD to a £3.95 cable, I assume it should be doing royal mail second class the the old site would have for such a small order value?

Associate
Any help with why my Free Shipping won't work? I had added my forum name to the Overclockers UK Community bit on my profile on the main site but still doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any input?

Thanks

Soldato
The best thing for me now is the free shipping.
I don't know what changed but my postcode was always flagged as somewhere else so would try and charge me £12 delivery.

Back
Top Bottom