LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
Only got one HDMI port on the card unfortunately but on checking today the cable seems to move about a lot in the HDMI port on the GPU and isn't as solid as the TV port which is a firm connection .

it might be worth you losening the screw holding the gpu to the case. Might be that the HDMI cable isn't pushed in far enough, as the card is too far over to one side.

Associate
Anyone recommend a 5m HDMI cable? Have a my PC and monitor in one corner and wouldn't mind hooking the PC up to the OLED the odd time for games

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Have tried that and doesn't seem to make any difference but thank you for the suggestion.

Did you try another hdmi cable to see if it gets a better firmer fit ? ideally hdmi connections should be firmly fitted both ends, also make sure the hdmi ports are long on both ends, some hdmi cables have one short end one end and a longer bit the other (including some ibra cables), ideally they should always push furthest in tv and gpu wise.

Also any luck with trying another hdmi port on the TV also ? Try the one furthest away from the port you use or even the one of the far back back.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
In future I'd expect graphics cards to have DisplayPort 2.0 which carries HDMI 2.1. Right now cards only have DP1.4 which can be passively adapted to HDMI 2.0 with a cable.

So true, still left pondering if we even get entry level affordable GPUs with hdmi 2.1 and dp2.0 features and connections at this point.

Associate
Hopefully China comes to the rescue with there cheap entry cards, Intel also early next year with luck.
China cheap entry cards are closer to producing two GPUs: the JM9231 and the JM9271 8GB GDDR5 with performance close to GTX 1080, and the JM9231 is like GTX 1050 Chinese news. China accounts for up to 70% of the world's crypto supply and with 700,000 graphic cards that shipped globally in the first quarter this year ending up in the hands of miners. It appears the crypto mining crackdown in China is leading to miners selling their GPUs—and for non-exorbitant prices—which could lead to improved global availability. Chinese State Council committee led by Vice Premier Liu He announced the crackdown on virtual currencies as part of efforts to curb financial risks.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
JM9231 sounds interesting, especially with an hdmi 2.1 port and modern video acceleration. Just needs all the hdmi 2.1 feature specs and at an affordable price.

Soldato
JM9231 sounds interesting, especially with an hdmi 2.1 port and modern video acceleration. Just needs all the hdmi 2.1 feature specs and at an affordable price.
Little bit off topic really, but those Jingjia cards are scheduled for HDMI 2.0 and no DirectX support. They're compute cards. And not out til end of 2022 or later.

Associate
Have checked the HDMI port on the GPU which looked like the outer casing was a bit bent out of shape so I have fixed that and also have a couple of small cable ties either side to make sure it doesn't move, Its very barbaric but have had no screen flickering for the last 24 hours so fingers crossed it.

Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions :D

Associate
We reached December so one month left for LG to announce new cool stuff! I wonder how the stand will look on 42" OLED.

Still think it's a wee bit too big but at £599 couldn't say no.
48C1? If yes, that's a great deal! But yeah, for some it's too big. I could have gone for the 48" too but 42"+higher ppi = beautyness.

Soldato
We reached December so one month left for LG to announce new cool stuff! I wonder how the stand will look on 42" OLED.

48C1? If yes, that's a great deal! But yeah, for some it's too big. I could have gone for the 48" too but 42"+higher ppi = beautyness.

Ah no sorry I forgot this was the CX thread. It's the non gaming one for my office, I'm awaiting a good price on the 48 CX/C1 for gaming pc.
£799 for C1 which tbh isn't too bad either but not low enough that I'm gonna get it before I see 42" price.
PC monitor prices are laughable.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Have checked the HDMI port on the GPU which looked like the outer casing was a bit bent out of shape so I have fixed that and also have a couple of small cable ties either side to make sure it doesn't move, Its very barbaric but have had no screen flickering for the last 24 hours so fingers crossed it.

Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions :D

Looks like theoracle nailed it, you can get hdmi cables with something called gripping connectors Startech Premium high speed hdmi cables with gripping connectors which I can confirm make it a bit more secure fitting. But your cable tie sounds like it does the trick just fine, glad you got it sorted.

Associate
Ah no sorry I forgot this was the CX thread. It's the non gaming one for my office, I'm awaiting a good price on the 48 CX/C1 for gaming pc.
£799 for C1 which tbh isn't too bad either but not low enough that I'm gonna get it before I see 42" price.
PC monitor prices are laughable.
Ah I see, I don't think the others mind regardless this is not a CX because they are almost equal to each other except the brightness.
PC monitors prices are indeed laughable and sad at the same time. I can cot comprehend that. Samsung one of the TVs is almost or slightly over €4000 with ads...

42" will be probably a bit more expensive but still cheaper than PC monitors :p And I did search the prices of the G9 Neo and I actually can not believe it's more than 2000 euros. About £1900?

Back
Top Bottom