Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Good buying opportunity for tech stocks if you ask me. If Omicron is bad news, they'll continue to rake it in. If it isn't, the markets will rebound.

Early data seems to be that Omicron does indeed evade immunity to some degree. Expect a rocky week. Annoyingly, I made my monthly buy before the drops :(

Soldato
Talk of bubble fears, similar to .com crash - maybe playing into the mindset a little?

Too much inflationary pressure for an extended downturn imo. Short term pullback perhaps, but then on to new ATHs.

Money will go wherever it needs to go to beat inflation.....can't see that being anywhere but equity market for the forseeable.

Remember these tech companies aren't loss-making pie-in-the-sky 'Thing but on the internet' hot air like back in the .com days. They are huge profit-making engines with enormous, growing markets.

Soldato
Too much inflationary pressure for an extended downturn imo. Short term pullback perhaps, but then on to new ATHs.

Money will go wherever it needs to go to beat inflation.....can't see that being anywhere but equity market for the forseeable.

Remember these tech companies aren't loss-making pie-in-the-sky 'Thing but on the internet' hot air like back in the .com days. They are huge profit-making engines with enormous, growing markets.

Like Tesla? :p

I hope you're right, i only recently brought into a few :D

Soldato
Can any explain just how the stockmarket works these days? I've just done some googling on share prices and noticed Nvidia has a PE ratio of just under 95 and a market cap of around $800b whereas Intel has a PE ratio of 9 and market cap of $200b yet by every financial metric I can find (earnings, revenue, employees, fixed assets etc) Intel towers over Nvidia. For that ratio to make sense Nvidia's earning would have be around $45b a year which an order of magnitude higher then it's current level of $4.3b, so what gives? Market madness/herd mentality of do people genuinely believe team green will one day end being that big?

Soldato
Can any explain just how the stockmarket works these days? I've just done some googling on share prices and noticed Nvidia has a PE ratio of just under 95 and a market cap of around $800b whereas Intel has a PE ratio of 9 and market cap of $200b yet by every financial metric I can find (earnings, revenue, employees, fixed assets etc) Intel towers over Nvidia. For that ratio to make sense Nvidia's earning would have be around $45b a year which an order of magnitude higher then it's current level of $4.3b, so what gives? Market madness/herd mentality of do people genuinely believe team green will one day end being that big?

PE ratios are pretty irrelevant these days with the amount of money printing that has been going on the last decade. Stock prices are high because there is a *lot* of money around, and there are no returns available anywhere else.

My view is that my money (by this I mean my high-risk trading money, not my various pension investments, in boring sensible things) being inflated away being stuck in 'safe' investments, is a bigger risk than interest rates suddenly getting ramped up and money flooding out of equities.

nVidia is at the cutting edge of the booming AI industry, and is priced for growth in that area too. Intel dropped the ball on that one and is playing catchup still.

Back
Top Bottom