LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So who's going to switch to the 42inch version in 2022?
I skipped the 48 and will be going straight to 42. It will be a very nice size for my needs. Hopefully being that it will be on their newer ego fab, we will get screens that are even more resistant to burn in and last even longer.

Can see it being the longest monitor I ever keep. Usually I change them every few years or sometimes even more often. I have had my current 4K G-Sync monitor for about 4 years and that was my third 4K monitor, the first being a Dell one back in 2014.

I play some games from my gaming Laptop connected to my OLED in the living room and HDR really does look gorgeous when it works, so looking forward to that. Will probably install Windows 11 on my PC when I get the 42” as so far I only have it on my gaming laptop and not on my PC. Hopefully it will be in better shape by then.

Associate
I skipped the 48 and will be going straight to 42. It will be a very nice size for my needs. Hopefully being that it will be on their newer ego fab, we will get screens that are even more resistant to burn in and last even longer.
The LG G1 Evo OLED is only in 55/65/77inch no 42inch and if there was a 42inch the price will much higher than C2 next year, so you think the next OLED will be more resistant to burn in only if that was true? The only different between Evo and traditional OLED light is the nits G1 572nits compare with C1 586nits but Evo panel do have improve colour, vibrancy, contrast balance, detail, motion clarity, sharpness.

I am hoping with higher PPI for better text and the evo panels together with the usual caution like screen savers, hidden task bar etc it will be ok.
All OLED have screen savers built in that I seen, and hidden task bar is only in Windows 10/11 not in WeboS OLED

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got any ideas where I’m going wrong, ever time I restart my computer my new C1 reverts back to 720p for some reason, I can’t for the life of me work out why it won’t stay at the right resolution

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The LG G1 Evo OLED is only in 55/65/77inch no 42inch and if there was a 42inch the price will much higher than C2 next year, so you think the next OLED will be more resistant to burn in only if that was true? The only different between Evo and traditional OLED light is the nits G1 572nits compare with C1 586nits but Evo panel do have improve colour, vibrancy, contrast balance, detail, motion clarity, sharpness.

All OLED have screen savers built in that I seen, and hidden task bar is only in Windows 10/11 not in WeboS OLED
We know all that mate. We are talking about the screen that comes out next year.

I am only going by what Vincent at HDTV test is saying. I assume he knows more than you so :p

I will be using it as a monitor so not sure what webos has anything to with anything.

FYI I already have an OLED. I am just hoping the 42" is an improvement in tech over the 48" :)

Associate
And I would love to see 240hz on it. Just for the sake of it. Not that any games will run on it if not going 720P or Pong like graphics. But damn it would be cool to have it atleast!

Soldato
Anyone got any ideas where I’m going wrong, ever time I restart my computer my new C1 reverts back to 720p for some reason, I can’t for the life of me work out why it won’t stay at the right resolution
Which graphics card are you using? If Nvidia there is a list of PC resolutions in the control panel (you should be using these, scroll down to find them). Don't use the non-PC resolutions at the top of the list.

Go to the TV's Devices settings (in General), HDMI Deep Colour and enable '4K' mode.

Make sure the TV is set to PC mode, press the Home button on the remote, go to Home Settings (on the far left of the screen), in the top right corner there should he an option to edit the inputs. Click on the HDMI port your GPU is plugged into and select 'PC' from the drop-down list.

Also, make sure you enable 'game optimiser' in the LG TV settings (in General) and your TV's picture mode should be set to Game Optimiser too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which graphics card are you using? If Nvidia there is a list of PC resolutions in the control panel (you should be using these, scroll down to find them). Don't use the non-PC resolutions at the top of the list.

Go to the TV's Devices settings (in General), HDMI Deep Colour and enable '4K' mode.

Make sure the TV is set to PC mode, press the Home button on the remote, go to Home Settings (on the far left of the screen), in the top right corner there should he an option to edit the inputs. Click on the HDMI port your GPU is plugged into and select 'PC' from the drop-down list.

Also, make sure you enable 'game optimiser' in the LG TV settings (in General) and your TV's picture mode should be set to Game Optimiser too.
That cracked it mate, thank you

Back
Top Bottom