*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
The code should be contained within the link and the pricing should apply automatically. If the site gives an error you may need to call. 03442 414141 and give the code at the bottom of the email.

Hi again Chief. Called the number provided but unfortunately couldn't get through to anybody. Would it at all be possible to get another code emailed through please so I can go through the order online? If you send me a trust I can provide you with me email as the ones sent to my OCUK account don't seem to come through

Soldato
Haven't managed to call them yet. Would it be possible to get another code sent over? Or would you be able to give me a figure on this package so I can relay it to my parent. https://imgur.com/a/IKQ7uQD

I got the following via the link from MissChief (thanks again), minus the multiroom but here are the prices with the discounts applied:

Sky Signature £18
Sky HD £6
Ultra HD £3
Ultimate TV £4

Total: £31

Still not exactly 'cheap' but I save a tenner on my Netflix sub. In 18 months time I'll be looking to bring it to under £30 a month if possible.

Had it all installed today, the installer signed me up to Sky VIP because it was 'free'. Nothing I should be worried about is there? Such as hidden charges in a few months time. He offered to stick Sky Kids on for free for 2 months but when I asked how I'd cancel it, he said I'd have to call Sky so I politely declined the offer.

Regarding Sky multiroom - it's cheaper to install Sky Go on a device and set that up to the TV surely? The question is, which devices are compatible with Sky Go?

Caporegime
I got the following via the link from MissChief (thanks again), minus the multiroom but here are the prices with the discounts applied:

Sky Signature £18
Sky HD £6
Ultra HD £3
Ultimate TV £4

Total: £31

Still not exactly 'cheap' but I save a tenner on my Netflix sub. In 18 months time I'll be looking to bring it to under £30 a month if possible.

Had it all installed today, the installer signed me up to Sky VIP because it was 'free'. Nothing I should be worried about is there? Such as hidden charges in a few months time. He offered to stick Sky Kids on for free for 2 months but when I asked how I'd cancel it, he said I'd have to call Sky so I politely declined the offer.

Regarding Sky multiroom - it's cheaper to install Sky Go on a device and set that up to the TV surely? The question is, which devices are compatible with Sky Go?
You can’t stream or cast from a phone or tablet to a TV with sky go. Only way to get it to display on a TV is via a computer of some sort.

Caporegime
Would be awesome to view stuff from the boxes straight on the iPad.
When you're on the Sky Go on the same Wi-Fi network Sky Go uses the box via the dish to provide the feed rather than streaming directly from the internet. It also allows you to access the planner and even download content to your device to watch later.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah but it would be nice to stream the content from the box over your own network to the iPad to view so you don't have to turn on the TV.

Soldato
Codes aren’t limitless. I will need to get a colleague send you one tomorrow.

I understand and appreciate it...
The issue I was having is the following:
Click the 'get this deal' in the email resulted in an error, so I took note of the unique code and the bottom of the email.
I then clicked 'View this email in your browser' and tried the 'get this deal' link again, which also returned an error - I took note of the code at the bottom of the email to double check it.

What was strange was when viewing the code in Gmail and then in the browser, the codes were different. I am not sure if this is why it was giving an error maybe?

Soldato
Anyone on here got or had flickering issues with UHD content. Had my Sky Q box for years and its always done it. I just stuck to the normal HD content. Tried it again recently when a show I was watching I saw was available in UHD. Downloaded an episode, same damn flickering issues. Arghhhh.

Tried all the normal stuff.

Reset box
Different HDMI cable
Different input on TV

Looks like a common issue from what I can find online.

Soldato
Is your the original box that doesn't do HDR?

I have the original 2tb box without HDR and 4k UHd stuff plays fine. But prefer to use my TVs own Netflix and Disney+ so I can view in HDR.

Associate
Anyone on here got or had flickering issues with UHD content. Had my Sky Q box for years and its always done it. I just stuck to the normal HD content. Tried it again recently when a show I was watching I saw was available in UHD. Downloaded an episode, same damn flickering issues. Arghhhh.

Tried all the normal stuff.

Reset box
Different HDMI cable
Different input on TV

Looks like a common issue from what I can find online.

Sounds like you have one of the older non-HDR boxes. I remember flickering being a widely reported problem with them. Give Sky a ring and see if they'll swap your box for free.
I have the 2TB V3 box which plays UHD and UHD with HLG HDR absolutely fine. Watched Landscapers last night and it's got a lovely HDR grade.

Soldato
Sounds like you have one of the older non-HDR boxes. I remember flickering being a widely reported problem with them. Give Sky a ring and see if they'll swap your box for free.
I have the 2TB V3 box which plays UHD and UHD with HLG HDR absolutely fine. Watched Landscapers last night and it's got a lovely HDR grade.

Thanks, on the phone waiting to speak to someone now.

Back
Top Bottom