*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Almost at the end of my subs period, which ends in Feb 2022. They want £10 extra. Sod this.

Currently on this:
TV (Sky Signature + HD): £23
‘Super fast’ BB: £28

So I’m paying £51 a monthly. Apparently my new price from February is £71 but they’re giving me a ‘nice’ £10 discount to take it to £61. I’m not sure wtf I’m gaining here.

Since I live in a small flat I’m restricted at my internet speeds which is already at max speeds of 75/20mb. I would like to switch to another isp so I can use my own router but I have yet to research my options.

Caporegime
Anyone else having trouble downloading programs on Sky Q?

Mines worked flawlessly for years and now I am getting constant 'download failed' messages.

I haven't changed anything at all on my own network and the connection is working fine.

Man of Honour
Anyone else having trouble downloading programs on Sky Q?

Mines worked flawlessly for years and now I am getting constant 'download failed' messages.

I haven't changed anything at all on my own network and the connection is working fine.
Turn off personalised ads on your sky profile.

Soldato
My old mans been with sky for 20 years and still has the old sky HD box, he wants to change to sky Q but they told him it's going to cost him £100 I guess that's sky VIP loyalty reward for you when new customers get it installed for free.

Caporegime
My old mans been with sky for 20 years and still has the old sky HD box, he wants to change to sky Q but they told him it's going to cost him £100 I guess that's sky VIP loyalty reward for you when new customers get it installed for free.
Surely the obvious option is to ask to cancel and he'll get it for free easily enough.

V F

V F

Soldato

Isn't that diamond VIP? So I've heard for those 20+ years.

Soldato
Isn't that diamond VIP? So I've heard for those 20+ years.
I'm not sure will have to check the next time I'm around, they offered him a free upgrade but only if he took multi room which he doesn't need as he only watches TV in the lounge + it would have cost him an extra £10 a month which still works out more in the long run.

Associate
I'm not sure will have to check the next time I'm around, they offered him a free upgrade but only if he took multi room which he doesn't need as he only watches TV in the lounge + it would have cost him an extra £10 a month which still works out more in the long run.

I'd try again and hopefully you'll speak to a different adviser. Tell them your Dad wants to cancel - that usually makes Sky much more agreeable. You shouldn't be bullied into taking multiroom when you don't need/want it. When I switched from +HD to Q last year I got the box for free and my new Q subscription was cheaper. No multiroom either. You just need to be polite and persistent with them and they usually back down.

Soldato
Question: What's he going to gain from the Sky Q box?

Soldato
Since I live in a small flat I’m restricted at my internet speeds which is already at max speeds of 75/20mb. I would like to switch to another isp so I can use my own router but I have yet to research my options.
You can use your own router with Sky - but they won't support if you have issues, they will however provide the details required if you want to have a go (which is fair enough IMO).

Soldato
Question: What's he going to gain from the Sky Q box?

Can record more stuff simultaneously which at the minute I think is limited to 2 programs at once but you have to be watching one which annoys him as he likes to record a lot of the live sports like football, rugby, golf and Motorsport etc which overlap during the weekends.

Also it's a bit more of a modern interface with all the apps on there like YouTube.

Soldato
Just came to to the end of my deal.

Was paying £36 a month for Ultimate, Sports and HD/UHD. Best they could do for renewal was £72 so I'm now in my cancellation period.
Try the live chat, best deal I could get over the phone last time I renewed was £87 and that was trying 3 different people. I gave the live chat a go and got the same package for around £37 and that was for the full package minus the kids channels.

Soldato

Can record more stuff simultaneously which at the minute I think is limited to 2 programs at once but you have to be watching one which annoys him as he likes to record a lot of the live sports like football, rugby, golf and Motorsport etc which overlap during the weekends.

Also it's a bit more of a modern interface with all the apps on there like YouTube.
I was offered a free upgrade to the 2TB Sky Q box with a free extra room box. But that was with anyroom at £8 a month for 18 months.

V F

V F

Soldato
I was offered a free upgrade to the 2TB Sky Q box with a free extra room box. But that was with anyroom at £8 a month for 18 months.

I still cannot get over after all this time there is no Sky Q box with 4 or 6TB. 2TB is tiny today.

Caporegime
I still cannot get over after all this time there is no Sky Q box with 4 or 6TB. 2TB is tiny today.
2TB is really enough IMO. Any bigger and people start using it as permanent storage and that's not what it's meant for. I'm even finding a 1TB box is plenty but then I'm really the only one that uses it and don't record that much.

Soldato
2tb for a stb is still fairly decent. Ours is only ever about two thirds full. That is with all recordings in HD and a good number of UHD movies stored on it.

I do have some films permanently stored going back over the last 3-4 years.

Back
Top Bottom