• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
giphy.gif

Associate
Added another 4 to my collection of 3090's today :D

IMG-20211215-135036.jpg
Im sorry but what reaction do you expect when all world struggles to get cards for work/gaming by posting this? You are doing same thing like scalpers do by posting this boxes "hey look are you jealous"? Especially doing this in this thread i really hope you will get some karma in future.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Im sorry but what reaction do you expect when all world struggles to get cards for work/gaming by posting this? You are doing same thing like scalpers do by posting this boxes "hey look are you jealous"? Especially doing this in this thread i really hope you will get some karma in future.

I love karma.

But plenty more in stock on ocuk website.

Soldato
I love karma.

But plenty more in stock on ocuk website.

You doing anything cool with the 4 cards ? A single workstation with 4 gpus ? Also ignore the silly comments by the trolls. If they wanted a card there are many of them right here 10+:- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-12s-zt.html

Welcome to the forums a forum aimed at computer enthusiasts and you are surprised to see people building enthusiast level computers..?.. Seems the bad karma will be coming your way. First post and the negative attitude from the start :rolleyes:. Play nice please we are sick of trolls on here and the mods take care of them very quickly. This is one of the best forums for computer enthusiasts and new people wanting help or advice with their computers, so enjoy being here as one day you may need help from many on here that are very experienced.

Fe9Jkxx.gif

Soldato
Yea some deep learning stuff, and mining inbetween :D

Very cool :D, make sure to stick some build pictures up and the full specs of the system, would love to see it :D. My workstation only has 2 x 3090s in SLI/NVLINK and love it and used for work and gaming only, would love to see a 4x3090 system and what you used to make it all work.

The only 4 x 3090 system I rate is this one here :-

But if I was to do one right now I would use this motherboard :-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...4-eatx-workstation-motherboard-mb-6g5-as.html

and get a:- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...z-socket-wrx8-processor-retail-cp-3cm-am.html

As that allows 64 cores and 128 threads..

One was done on a X570 Godlike motherboard too but two of the cards will run at 8x (which is fine as it's pcie 4.0 at 8x so equals 16x 3.0 speeds, more than enough for a 3090 and can't saturate the pcie ports at that) But 2 run a 4x pcie 4.0 and are being held back really on that platform. As can be seen here :- https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/lymvny/4_nvidia_3090_fe_amd_ryzen_5950x_msi_x570_godlike/

Others have been done too and also some with server boards to get more 3090s in but they are servers and need server gear and cooling rooms.

Last edited:
Associate
GTX 1650 4GB for £400 available yesterday from a retailer, hurry up! That was fast, its already sold out.Dunno what is more insane, the price or the desperate people snapping them up.Or is it ultimately scalpers selling to scalpers and then selling to scalpers and so on.

Associate
I think it's just a case of anything on a shelf sells, this was true pre CV. So when a few 1650s show up to thousands of potential buyers, someone will buy. After all credit is cheap.

On the indian dish site they had 6600 non xt for £500, yup, those sold out in a day or so too. This is a card that is readily available at much less at better shops.

Some people just like splurging cash, allbeit to the amazement of others.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
On the indian dish site they had 6600 non xt for £500, yup, those sold out in a day or so too. This is a card that is readily available at much less at better shops.

Agree with you. On that site though I think a large part of these retailers that offer it is due to the BNPL option where people dont mind the extra markup and they dont have to think about it for months (making them think they got an OK deal).

Soldato

To be fair to him, those cards sit on the shelves fairly regularly as they're priced out of the market, pre-blocked. So I don' think it's really a bait post.

Besides, they're Zotac. Poo: The Video Card Manufacturer

Associate
Agree with you. On that site though I think a large part of these retailers that offer it is due to the BNPL option where people dont mind the extra markup and they dont have to think about it for months (making them think they got an OK deal).

I never eventhought BNPL was the cause, but more than likely the case! As daft as that is. People just love the free credit.

Soldato
GTX 1650 4GB for £400 available yesterday from a retailer, hurry up! That was fast, its already sold out.Dunno what is more insane, the price or the desperate people snapping them up.Or is it ultimately scalpers selling to scalpers and then selling to scalpers and so on.
So does that mean I can sell my strix 1080ti oc for 600?...

Back
Top Bottom