*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Haha. Next thing it will be GOTY!

haha, tbh it was my PC GOTY, only PC game I've completed in a couple of years. Saying that most other games in 2020 where pretty mediocre. I'll happily take some bugs but have an interesting game, been playing Bethesda game for as long as I can remember.
Consoles had some amazing games though like Ghost of Tsushima

Caporegime
Oh look @gpuerrilla dragging more BS into another thread :rolleyes: :o @TNA seems this guy has a love hate relationship with cp2077 :cry:

Good you have bought the game anyway, at least now, you can form your own opinion rather than jumping on someone's else's opinion and championing it on.

I just can't support that - a very good game would have top notch RPG and related mechanics and it simply doesn't - not even close - it is one of the poorest attempts I've seen in a long time when it comes to crafting, clothing/equipment, mods and skill point use, etc. and at release half of them were purely cosmetic despite the description and/or stats supposedly changing and even now some are still not working at all or not correctly.

There is a lot of compelling stuff to the game and personally I really enjoyed the whole Johnny Silverhands story arc, etc. but the developers and publishers should be deeply ashamed and embarrassed about some aspects of the game and it should have been a priority to completely overhaul them.

While it is a deeply complex game - a lot of the basic mechanics they've completely fallen flat on their face on really aren't actually that hard to design or code - though more advanced RPG mechanics can get mind bogglingly complex to pull off well but that is another story.

Don't disagree with those points but I went in not expecting anything and loved every moment of it, certainly far better than the borefest of witcher 3... Most people who were/are disappointed about the game went in believing all the hype and PR lies (despite same thing happening with every game come release.....) hence when the game came out, people/fanboys went into a fit of rage. I played the game at launch on my vega 56 and it ran very well for me, had a few bugs (mostly just floating textures and the odd T pose on motorbike) but nothing game breaking, especially when compared to pretty much all games released this year... Most of the complaints came from last gen consoles, pc and next gen consoles weren't that bad for "most" people.

Even today, you still have people giving of about things like the npcs and the cops alert system, whilst again, not perfect, it is no worse than any other game out there in terms of open world npcs, some people act like they want cops to be getting a dispatch call in, have them running from the station to their car and driving all the way to the scene and following proper protocols :cry: Only one game which has what I would call considerably better NPCs is rdr 2 and even then, it is only when in the "small" towns and they are set on a path too, it isn't sentient like, like some would have you believe :o

For me the main things that stand out compared to every other game:

- a decent story, not the best but the way the characters are built up and the story is told is second to none
- the content to the game, there is a lot to it, especially the side missions and they are some of the best I have played in a game, pretty much a main mission in itself, the one with the cop and kidnapped kids at the farm was pretty gritty/brutal
- the graphics, (whether @gpuerrilla likes it or not are regarded as being fantastic, check out the high res screenshot thread if you still think the game is average looking, bearing in mind the scale and density of said game world too....)
- the setting, first game to give me proper blade runner like vibes, obviously subjective this though. I also love how the city feels lived in and has life to it unlike empty game worlds such as FC 6, oh sorry, I forget, you only have 6 people living on big islands :cry:
- gun/game play, again, not going to win any awards but it was good fun on the whole and some of the weapons were pretty cool, particularly liked the katana swords. Defo would like the RPG element with perks to have had more of a play here though. The main thing which was/is a big downfall was once you levelled up, you are pretty much invincible.

For someone who doesn't rate the game as being that good, having over 100 hours in the game suggests you obviously rate and enjoy the game a fair bit ;) For comparison I have 155 hours and that is all content done except for buying the vehicles..... Or is this another BF thing where you rant on about how awful the development team are, how **** the fb engine is, how awful the netcode/hit reg is but still continue to pour hundreds/thousands of hours into it? :D

Either way, the fact that it has positive "user" scores overall shows that the game is well regarded amongst the majority unlike certain other titles *cough* fc 6 *cough*.

If the game was as bad as what some make it out, pretty sure these scores wouldn't be what they are now, I think those are fair ratings.

opXWyXz.png

Going to do a 3rd play through with some mods now I think :cool:

Don
I'd say it's worth it, but do some modding to get the best out of it.
Mods such as these at the minimum (and their required dependencies):

Full gameplay rebalance https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3010
Enhanced police https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1672
Crowds and traffic https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3176?tab=files

Finally going to dip my toes, do these run against both the Steam and GoG versions, or do I have to buy from a particular store?

Man of Honour
For someone who doesn't rate the game as being that good, having over 100 hours in the game suggests you obviously rate and enjoy the game a fair bit ;) For comparison I have 155 hours and that is all content done except for buying the vehicles..... Or is this another BF thing where you rant on about how awful the development team are, how **** the fb engine is, how awful the netcode/hit reg is but still continue to pour hundreds/thousands of hours into it?

Thing is - lack of alternatives - likewise with BF4 it scratches an itch and there is a lot I like about the game but it doesn't make it a good game either.

Man of Honour
Most of the complaints came from last gen consoles, pc and next gen consoles weren't that bad for "most" people.

BTW that isn't my experience - a lot of people I know on PC have issues with things like the traffic simulation/physics going horribly wrong, random game breaking mission bugs some of which are fixable by rolling back a save or two others not so easily solved, very poor performance for no apparent reason, etc.

EDIT: Something which makes me laugh as well - in the more rural parts of the game you see dense distant 2D traffic but seemingly very little traffic around you (which may or may not be realistic but seems a bit too sparse) but sometimes when you go over a bump or turn at a certain angle, etc. suddenly for a few hundred milliseconds the roads near you are populated by 3D traffic, then it is gone again. It is quite weird as collision detection against that normally invisible traffic suddenly works for a moment but when the traffic isn't visible it doesn't affect you.

Caporegime
Thing is - lack of alternatives - likewise with BF4 it scratches an itch and there is a lot I like about the game but it doesn't make it a good game either.

Rather weird outlook for someone who is overly critical on aspects that 90% of the community don't have issues with :p ;)

If a game is so bad to the point where it is more complaints/annoyances than good points, I and I imagine, most people, just simply stop playing, even if there is nothing else out there to scratch that itch, hence why I haven't played or rather sank any considerable time into a FPS PVP since bf 4.

The fact you say BF 4 isn't a "good game" despite again, it being highly well regarded says otherwise....

Seems we have found another trigger for the resident forum games expert. :) Just like Saul, a con artist. Perfect match!! :cry::cry::p

Let's put it this way, if I had a pound for every comment on netcode by rroff, I would be a very rich man :cry:

EDIT:

For clarification, rroff, how many hours in bf 4 now?

Man of Honour
Rather weird outlook for someone who is overly critical on aspects that 90% of the community don't have issues with :p ;)

If a game is so bad to the point where it is more complaints/annoyances than good points, I and I imagine, most people, just simply stop playing, even if there is nothing else out there to scratch that itch, hence why I haven't played or rather sank any considerable time into a FPS PVP since bf 4.

The fact you say BF 4 isn't a "good game" despite again, it being highly well regarded says otherwise....

I've stopped playing some games on principle - like Eve Online which I won't pay to play any more. Just because a game is playable and some aspects are enjoyable doesn't make it a good game though. The clothing system in CP2077 for instance is just LOL worthy in implementation and bad and likewise most of the perk system - even old games like City of Heroes managed to nail those aspects and it would make a huge difference.

For clarification, rroff, how many hours in bf 4 now?

It is like 1500 hours or something I think - but I rarely play it for more than a couple of weeks then stop for months due to the issues getting irritating.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Rather weird outlook for someone who is overly critical on aspects that 90% of the community don't have issues with...If a game is so bad to the point where it is more complaints/annoyances than good points, I and I imagine, most people, just simply stop playing

This was the point you should have applied in the FC thread! The game for 90% ran well, and even guys like yourself played it till it ended? It was a tiny band of you that nit-picked it almost willing it to be a totally different game (which was never promised - unlike CP). I could never fathom the negativity in that thread as graphically it was really good, quite realistic much of what your saying CP is. I do agree though in all games its much better someone has an opinion after playing a chunk of hours to get to a critical conclusion.

As @Rroff fits this mould, it makes better reading to see a pro vs con discussion.

Caporegime
This was the point you should have applied in the FC thread! The game for 90% ran well, and even guys like yourself played it till it ended? It was a tiny band of you that nit-picked it almost willing it to be a totally different game (which was never promised - unlike CP). I could never fathom the negativity in that thread as graphically it was really good, quite realistic much of what your saying CP is. I do agree though in all games its much better someone has an opinion after playing a chunk of hours to get to a critical conclusion.

As @Rroff fits this mould, it makes better reading to see a pro vs con discussion.

Except I never said I didn't enjoy the game.... Like I said in that thread, I enjoyed it for the usual Fc elements but as pointed out by everyone and anyone who has played every FC game to date (I think you said this was your first FC game?), it was the same game as the last 4-5 FC games just with a different setting and slightly updated visuals. I never had an issue with the game mechanics etc., FC does what FC does well i.e. a satisfying shoot them up FPS and nothing more, but you had some making it out like it was a truly next gen game :cry:

If you're referring to the "acknowledged" game issues i.e. textures then I didn't realise that 90% of the pc players had cards with 16GB vram..... :o

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Except I never said I didn't enjoy the game.... Like I said in that thread, I enjoyed it for the usual Fc elements but as pointed out by everyone and anyone who has played every FC game to date (I think you said this was your first FC game?), it was the same game as the last 4-5 FC games just with a different setting and slightly updated visuals. I never had an issue with the game mechanics etc., FC does what FC does well i.e. a satisfying shoot them up FPS and nothing more, but you had some making it out like it was a truly next gen game :cry:

If you're referring to the "acknowledged" game issues i.e. textures then I didn't realise that 90% of the pc players had cards with 16GB vram..... :o

Yes its the first FC game I played in the franchise which I stated numerous times which is why I tolerated any stuff (being critical) glad you recall that (some probably don't read the pages in the threads). On the latter part that was not me, I got the game with an SSD so my expectations were diluted and just wanted a new game to play on our current equipment.

As I only experienced one CTD in those 80 hours I would say for me it was a nice experience. I hope I have the same when I start CP! ;)

Sadly like you have mentioned I think in some threads, or someone else may have, we do not hear or see posts from the extended user base on here (voyeurs/lurkers as they call themselves) because there were probably way more people who didn't have issues than the vocal ones that did! :o :)

Soldato
Also need too take comments and feedback from software developers with a gain of salt, we're the worst bunch at nit picking on random stuff. There's books written on this stuff. Pretty sure Rroff is one :cry: I try to temper my inner developer when speaking with normies

If you look at the stats for CP2077 vs other open world RPGs like Witcher, Fallout, Skyrim, even GTA games. It actually rates really well in the amount of people getting a game ending trophy. These types of games have a huge amount of people starting but never finishing them. It's meant to be one of the reasons they tried to streamline CP2077 a bit

Soldato
I worked out what was crashing my game after 20-60 minutes of play. It was ray tracing.

I experienced this exact same problem on release day and then they fixed it, and now a year later it's doing the same thing again.

Ray tracing enabled on my RTX 2080 = game crashes after 20-60 to desktop.

Ray tracing disabled = no crashing.

Such a shame because I love playing with ray tracing for the lighting as it really brings the game to life and the world looks even more beautiful with ray traced lighting.

I wonder if there's a specific Nvidia driver or a specific version number of the game I could roll back to which would allow ray tracing.

After completing the game and not playing for a couple of months I just come back to Cyberpunk over last few weeks and been really enjoying finishing all the side missions.

I've got about 20 mods installed, the game runs butter smooth these days for me on high settings although on patch 1.31 it feels like my fps is lower then before.

I own Cyberpunk on Steam, can I easily roll back to a previous version do you know to give that a shot?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
I worked out what was crashing my game after 20-60 minutes of play. It was ray tracing.

I experienced this exact same problem on release day and then they fixed it, and now a year later it's doing the same thing again.

Ray tracing enabled on my RTX 2080 = game crashes after 20-60 to desktop.

Ray tracing disabled = no crashing.

Such a shame because I love playing with ray tracing for the lighting as it really brings the game to life and the world looks even more beautiful with ray traced lighting.

I wonder if there's a specific Nvidia driver or a specific version number of the game I could roll back to which would allow ray tracing.

After completing the game and not playing for a couple of months I just come back to Cyberpunk over last few weeks and been really enjoying finishing all the side missions.

I've got about 20 mods installed, the game runs butter smooth these days for me on high settings although on patch 1.31 it feels like my fps is lower then before.

I own Cyberpunk on Steam, can I easily roll back to a previous version do you know to give that a shot?

Thanks.

Could be a memory leak or something - my experience when playing through the game first time was punctuated by severe performance degradation after 1-2 hours - apparently something trips some kind of memory management in the game prematurely and it goes a bit crazy behind the scenes (not sure if later patches fix it). Some people seem to get the issues right from starting up the game though.

As per here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/34382802 I'd be playing quite happily at ~60 FPS then suddenly struggling to get above 45 and game feeling very choppy until I restarted - at which point memory use was significantly lower - despite still having plenty of free VRAM and system RAM.

Back
Top Bottom