• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ampere owners - do you own a FE/reference or AIB model?

Ampere owners, do you own an FE or AIB Model?

• FE

Votes: 156 67.8%
  • AIB

Votes: 74 32.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Unicorns :cry: , unless you don't have access to phone mostly between 9am-12pm it's not difficult just need to be patient and join the alert groups set it up on phone , 3090 and 3080ti stay instock for awhile , it's 3080, 3070 and 60ti which are the ones that sell out quickly , took me the second time the 3080 to drop to get one

Last edited:
Associate
I went with a 3080ti FE in the end.

Was still more than I wanted to pay but selling my Vega56 for £470 on eBay softened the blow considerably.

Hoping that this card will last me quite a few years before I have to worry about upgrading again.

I could have continued with the Vega56 but the stupid second hand prices and evening FE drop forced my hand. I didn't find it hard to get a 3080ti FE using telegram.

Caporegime
OP
Interesting that 70% of people on here managed to get an FE. According to some on this forum they’re unicorn products that are unobtanium..

Those people have vested/emotional interest, which they make plain every time they post :p

This thread clearly shows that many of us were able to source an FE, and thus it's perfectly fair to compare FE pricing to AIB pricing, where an FE equivalent does not exist.

Can't say I am too surprised by the results tbh, I always knew that plenty of people both online and in real life have been able to get FE easily enough with a bit of prep. work and effort, this thread just goes to prove it now.

But no doubt you'll still get some who will be adamant that they are unicorns or "fake" cards or/and that nvidia are only selling them to miners...... :o :p

Would certainly be interesting to see a wider pool of results though as given that we are enthusiasts... the majority here clearly aren't willing to "overpay" for said gpus so would casual pc gamers be willing to overpay for the AIB models too?

I was also thinking of making the thread for amd rdna 2 reference vs AIB too but given that there is "zero" chance at all of getting reference cards in UK, didn't see the point in it :p

Associate
Unicorns :cry: , unless you don't have access to phone mostly between 9am-12pm it's not difficult just need to be patient and join the alert groups set it up on phone , 3090 and 3080ti stay instock for awhile , it's 3080, 3070 and 60ti which are the ones that sell out quickly , took me the second time the 3080 to drop to get one

Last drop the 3090 and 3080 ti went up Thursday evening just after 8pm. Probably to test people's nerve. The 3060ti, 3070ti and 3080, the following day just before lunchtime.

Soldato
AIB 3070 un scalped launch day pricing.

According to some on this forum they’re unicorn products that are unobtanium..
Actually it doesn`t seem to be that difficult.
it's not difficult just need to be patient
I always knew that plenty of people both online and in real life have been able to get FE easily enough with a bit of prep. work and effort, this thread just goes to prove it now.

Lol, you are all making it sound like it's super easy to nab an FE, it is anything but easy to nab one, it's the luck of the draw being available to react at the right time.

Like many others, had a 3080 FE in the basket on launch day-September 17, 2020, wouldn't go through, eventually managed to get one 23 November 2021.

Aye it's easy to get an FE, it took me just 433 days to nab an FE.:p

Easy to grab an FE, no chance!

This thread clearly shows that many of us were able to source an FE

It does but don't kid yourself on and I'll even go to say that it ****** folk off when they are trying to buy one hearing it's easy, when the reality is yes AMD don't give a flying **** about UK sales, Nv are drip feeding FE's!

@Nexus18 you could do with a third poll option: both

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Interesting that 70% of people on here managed to get an FE. According to some on this forum they’re unicorn products that are unobtanium..
Every time I wanted one or recommended to friends or family they managed to get one. Will be trying again soon when the new Super cards come out.

Associate

Lol, you are all making it sound like it's super easy to nab an FE, it is anything but easy to nab one, it's the luck of the draw being available to react at the right time.

Like many others, had a 3080 FE in the basket on launch day-September 17, 2020, wouldn't go through, eventually managed to get one 23 November 2021.

I must be lucky, bought a 3080 fe first time I tried. Sure you have to use Telegram/fe part alert and react immediately.

I'd like to know how many cards are available on a drop.

Soldato
I must be lucky, bought a 3080 fe first time I tried. Sure you have to use Telegram/fe part alert and react immediately.

I'd like to know how many cards are available on a drop.

Yeah, I missed my first drop as I was busy at the time, but got it on the 2nd less than 2 weeks after I signed up for alerts, sat drinking coffee on a Saturday morning browsing on my phone anyway. Not sure how unlucky you have to be to miss a year's worth of drops.

Caporegime
It does require patience, persistence, and/or luck.

It's also very possible for a lot of people.

I found getting a PS5 harder than getting the FE, but yeah, not everybody will have the same experience.

Soldato

It does but don't kid yourself on and I'll even go to say that it ****** folk off when they are trying to buy one hearing it's easy, when the reality is yes AMD don't give a flying **** about UK sales, Nv are drip feeding FE's!

Took me the 2nd time the 3080 dropped first time I couldn't add into basket but it dropped again after 3 weeks ,

I joined Fe part alert group on telegram found it super fast as soon drops happen get alerted , installed app and setup on phone also set different ringtone so I know it's for that

I completed the whole checkout on phone had things auto saved and auto logged in , you don't need to be staring on PC screen 24/7 most of the drops happen 9am-12pm odd occasion evening , there is an database what date and time of every past drop and you can figure out it's mostly between around 9am-12pm

Just find you need to prepare with the right setup and have patience no way it should be taking 433 days lol , at max should get it within it dropping 1 - 2 times

Some reason I haven't left the group and for giggles still managed to add cards into basket in many of the drops since including 3080

But of course if you don't have access to phone i.e work yes that's a different matter

Also few of my friends have also managed to get one 2 got 3080 and 1 3070 using the above method , getting the cards of them dropping once or twice

433 days to nab an FE ???? :eek: What method did you use ? Or did you keep refreshing the Nvidia site ? :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, so easy to get a RTX 3080 FE, I hear there's a surplus of them

You get whole seconds to buy one, works great on a sh**** mobile. Better off using the desktop app and buying from a PC if you can.

If it was meant to be easy, they wouldn't try to prevent people from buying more than 1 FE card.

Soldato
Yeah, so easy to get a RTX 3080 FE, I hear there's a surplus of them

You get whole seconds to buy one, works great on a sh**** mobile. Better off using the desktop app and buying from a PC if you can.

I actually was shopping when I got alerted and it was so slow going through the checkout not sure if that was mobile data or site itself being slow took me 10 minutes from adding to basket to completing checkout but still managed it ;)

Soldato
Is it true that once it's been added to your basket, you should be able to buy it without needing to worry about speeding through the checkout?

That's basically what happened when I got my RTX 3070 FE.

EDIT - ok, that's good to know, sounds like you get a bit of time.

Back
Top Bottom