This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
OP
Insomnia kicking back in again. Mum died on Jan 1st last year a few hours after being discharged from hospital on palliative care so it’s not a great time of the year for me.

Soldato
My head's not doing very well at the moment, hopefully the year gets better over time. About to buy a house with my girlfriend and honestly I give it 6-9 months before make or break. Either things are massively improved, or I'm out.

Man of Honour
My head's not doing very well at the moment, hopefully the year gets better over time. About to buy a house with my girlfriend and honestly I give it 6-9 months before make or break. Either things are massively improved, or I'm out.

You’re intelligent enough that you don’t need a lecture on life from me, but if you feel that your relationship is so finely balanced that it could go south in 6-9 months is it really a good time to commit to buying a house?
Within a year of being divorced by my first wife I had met a woman that I thought I’d spend my life with and bought a house using her salary to get a big enough joint mortgage.
A few years down the line she decided that she no longer loved me and wanted out.
I was fortunate in that she was so keen to move on, that she signed an affidavit with a solicitor that said that providing she could take all her Le Creuset cookware from the house, she’d rescind any claim to the property.
I was truly gutted to lose her, but I got away with murder in keeping sole possession of the house.

Soldato
First time I've been out of bed before 11am in a week, whoop! Got to take the small wins right now, I'm back at work Tuesday.

You’re intelligent enough that you don’t need a lecture on life from me, but if you feel that your relationship is so finely balanced that it could go south in 6-9 months is it really a good time to commit to buying a house?
You're right to ask this question and on paper, logically, it looks pretty unwise. However I never do anything conventionally, including relationships. In a nutshell, our circumstances (age, health, location, education) mean we've been house sharing for 8 years. I earn decent money, she's a self employed artist - we couldn't afford to rent together in London, but we can just about afford to leave London and buy a place.

So in short, a lot hinges on how well we get along living together alone. But I think I owe it to the relationship to wait until we've tried that out. Without all the stress of sharing and throwing money down the landlord-toilet, we will hopefully flourish.

There's a fair chance I just don't like cohabiting and would be better off living apart from my other half. Just need to get out of the current situation and see what happens next. Call me mad if you like :)

Man of Honour
First time I've been out of bed before 11am in a week, whoop! Got to take the small wins right now, I'm back at work Tuesday.

You're right to ask this question and on paper, logically, it looks pretty unwise. However I never do anything conventionally, including relationships. In a nutshell, our circumstances (age, health, location, education) mean we've been house sharing for 8 years. I earn decent money, she's a self employed artist - we couldn't afford to rent together in London, but we can just about afford to leave London and buy a place.

So in short, a lot hinges on how well we get along living together alone. But I think I owe it to the relationship to wait until we've tried that out. Without all the stress of sharing and throwing money down the landlord-toilet, we will hopefully flourish.

There's a fair chance I just don't like cohabiting and would be better off living apart from my other half. Just need to get out of the current situation and see what happens next. Call me mad if you like :)

Okay, maybe you’re not mad, with the benefit of my finely honed vocabulary I’m going to label you aberrant and wish you and your inamorata all the luck in the world, I think that you’ll need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom