Prince Andrew not served papers as they were handed to his police security.

Soldato
sounded very appealable the judges comment that Virginia's contract excluded Andrew ... all a bit analogous to the Colbert 4 defence telling the jury be on the right side of history. ie partisan.

Man of Honour
Why not go and fight it if you have nothing to hide? on the flip side why the women accepting cash to shut it up if she been abused.

As I understand it, offering Ms.Giuffre a multi million settlement is just one option for the Prince’s legal team, it hasn’t been offered yet, but the smart money is on Ms.Giuffre wanting her day in court.
Personally I’d take the money and run, but I’m not the one alleging that Andrew did the nasty.

Caporegime
Soldato
17, the legal age in the UK is 16. Also in New York where another offense is alleged is 17.

Yes it's young. But it's of legal age and it's not paedophilia.

This, yes, he was old enough to know better, especially in his position you would expect him to behave better.

Would you go to a party with girls that are old enough, and shag about, while wearing your company uniform, its a touch beyond a bad idea..

But paedo, while Epstein was, all that's come out about Andy is that he slept with someone who was of legal age in this country, and while ignorance isn't an excuse, how many people here, without the aid of Google, know what the legal age of consent is in every country they have visited, or do you usually just presume that people you meet in clubs and are introduced too are old enough? Plus with it being in the States, the laws over there vary from state to state...

The problem with things like this is Giuffre has let whatever assaults took place to define who she is and she will always use that in whatever form required to keep her funded.

It comes down to what Andy was aware of, he's basically been handed a girl, trafficked or not, she looks happy enough in the pictures I've seen so did he actually know what was going on, he's a Prince ffs, how many girls would throw themselves at someone famous or with power and the guy just use his position to get his nuts wet, we're men, we are simple in that regard..
Problem is now though his defence has been a **** show and he's denied even knowing who she is despite having a picture, I mean, I dunno how many girls he was 'partying' with back in the day but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't recognise a large percentage of them, hell, I know I wouldn't recognise some of them and I've never exactly been beating them off with a stick, but coming out with some of the stories he has he's really not helped himself.

He'd been better off just saying I don't remember her, but we clearly met, I wasn't aware of her being trafficked, if that was the case I am sorry for my part in that, and then made some sort of jesture and left it at that rather that going on TV and saying he didn't sweat at that time and all that jazz..

Man of Honour
Now his military titles and royal patronage have been returned to the Queen, and he will also stop using H.R.H., Buckingham Palace have announced, maybe he can run for Bojo’s Job if the party give Bojo the elbow!

Soldato
Has he lost them? The article I saw said they were returned to the Queen which sounded more like he gave them up. Of course that doesn't make sense, you'd hold on to them and fight them being removed, rather than make it easy for people.

Since it's a civil case, presumably he is just going to chill out in his favourite spots and not bother going to a court in a foreign country. I would also assume that he's smart enough to have the majority of his assets safely locked away out of reach of the US or UK.

Soldato
Military associated with him was getting uncomfortable
Queen was aware him having a title was dragging the royal family as a whole into every instance of his mess being mentioned and this is her platinum jubilee year

What with harry having his titles removed and andrew probably given the option of voluntarily giving them up or having them removed the royal family is getting that shrinking that charles wanted but probably didn't plan like this

Man of Honour
Military associated with him was getting uncomfortable
Queen was aware him having a title was dragging the royal family as a whole into every instance of his mess being mentioned and this is her platinum jubilee year

What with harry having his titles removed and andrew probably given the option of voluntarily giving them up or having them removed the royal family is getting that shrinking that charles wanted but probably didn't plan like this

This is all just more happenings which make me feel all the more strongly that William needs to go on the throne when the Queen dies rather than Charles. The Royal Family needs a "reboot", it needs to enter a new era, to have a feeling of vibrancy, youth and a fresh start. I dont think we're going to get that by the Queen being followed by a new King who is in his 70s, thats in a way just going to feel like a continuation. Charles has waited a long time, far longer than he could have imagined, to ascend to the throne but when the day comes, if he looks at the RF he must see that it needs a cutoff, a change, that feeling that its a new era of the RF and step aside or immediately abdicate or whatever the procedure is, so that William and Kate can take over and we then get a younger more vibrant King, with young princes and princesses.

Soldato
This is all just more happenings which make me feel all the more strongly that William needs to go on the throne when the Queen dies rather than Charles. The Royal Family needs a "reboot", it needs to enter a new era, to have a feeling of vibrancy, youth and a fresh start. I dont think we're going to get that by the Queen being followed by a new King who is in his 70s, thats in a way just going to feel like a continuation. Charles has waited a long time, far longer than he could have imagined, to ascend to the throne but when the day comes, if he looks at the RF he must see that it needs a cutoff, a change, that feeling that its a new era of the RF and step aside or immediately abdicate or whatever the procedure is, so that William and Kate can take over and we then get a younger more vibrant King, with young princes and princesses.

Born to be prince (of wales) for life.

I hope he sees it sensibly when the time comes.

The dutch pack it up and retire as if its a job which I think is much better.

Back
Top Bottom