Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Still think your S2000 is the best looking S2000 in the UK.

When you decide to sell, PM me please :)

thank you!

It can though ;) although better to fit a supercharger if you seek more power ;)

Although you should really upgrade the brakes and suspension as well if doing that!

I was thinking about a supercharger recently. But lower power, HKS one that produces around 300-350WHP which would be plenty in a car of that size.

saddest part about the above video is that the owner has recently crashed it and passed away due to injuries.

Caporegime
:eek::(

perhaps upgrading the suspension and brakes would have been a good idea.........

had no idea.

reminds me of when I was young and my mate put a turbo engine in his mini but didnt have the money to upgrade the brakes and suspension yet.

One day he was coming down a hill to a t junction and went straight ahead through a stone wall,.

He was lucky and just had cuts and bruises but the car was a write off.

Never ever just upgrade the engine.

And 500bhp is too much for even the s2000 to handle. Like you said, 300+ would be more than enough.

Associate
Car had a bit of TLC early this morning (not from me, was far too early and cold!) and shortly it will be covered in dirt again!

i.php

20220113130136-64f9f872-xl.jpg

Caporegime

perhaps upgrading the suspension and brakes would have been a good idea.........

had no idea.

reminds me of when I was young and my mate put a turbo engine in his mini but didnt have the money to upgrade the brakes and suspension yet.

One day he was coming down a hill to a t junction and went straight ahead through a stone wall,.

And 500bhp is too much for even the s2000 to handle. Like you said, 300+ would be more than enough.

I never understood this because whether a car goes from 100HP to 500HP it is still the same weight that needs stopping.

Upgraded brakes help from higher speeds but if you were doing those silly speeds on the road then it is of no surprise that something was going to end badly anyway.

Soldato
I never understood this because whether a car goes from 100HP to 500HP it is still the same weight that needs stopping.

Upgraded brakes help from higher speeds but if you were doing those silly speeds on the road then it is of no surprise that something was going to end badly anyway.
I used to kind of agree but the thing is you can get to those silly speeds much quicker. E.g. the run to my house is a 1/2 mile - I would be doing about 55 in my Fiesta. In my other cars it could be 70mph+. It is the same 1/2 mile I am just going quicker with less distance to stop in.

I've pushed my car a few times and thought thank god I had 6 pots to stop me when my luck was about to run out.

Caporegime

With a much bigger faster engine you are likely to be going a lot faster than with the normal engine.

With a standard engine, you may have only had time to get to 40mph from when you last braked but plenty of time to stop you on the normal brakes,.

But suddenly doubling or more your BHP, you might suddenly find yourself doing 70mph and that's when you will find the drum brakes all round (yes it was a 998cc mini with drum brakes all round with a 1.3l turbo charged engine in it) arent up to the task of stopping you.

But yes, if you were going to continue driving the car like it had its original engine then there wouldnt be any problem.

But why increase an engine performance and never use the power?

Associate
Not a fan of black wheels, but that is nice. Rear lip gives it some curves as well. Lovely!

The black wheels have grown on me a bit (possibly due to them not being gloss black and having purchased specific products for them), but I will still be changing them to the alternate Ferric grey colour when I get round to it (just not sure when this will be as have been pondering it since I got the car last Feb).

20220113161605-1291e1c4.jpg

Soldato
The black wheels have grown on me a bit (possibly due to them not being gloss black and having purchased specific products for them), but I will still be changing them to the alternate Ferric grey colour when I get round to it (just not sure when this will be as have been pondering it since I got the car last Feb).

:o

*unzips*

Man of Honour

Why does anyone want black wheels when the alternative is that, that looks amazing.

Soldato

had no idea.

not details on it of course but doubt suspension/brakes would've helped... horrible thing to happen and he was well known in the s2000 uk club.

erm, these are at least 25x better than the black ones.

the problem with black wheels is that they hide the design of the actual wheel and in that case you might as well run some steelies with hubcaps.

I'd get them refurbed in that asap :D other than that the 3er looks great.

Associate
Why does anyone want black wheels when the alternative is that, that looks amazing.

I wouldn't have ordered them, buying the car was an impulse purchase on a brand new unregistered stock car the dealer had specced up at what I thought was a good price. I have delayed changing the colour as they don't disgust me as much as usual (I am currently awaiting some prices to get the colour changed).

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I wouldn't have ordered them, buying the car was an impulse purchase on a brand new unregistered stock car the dealer had specced up at what I thought was a good price. I have delayed changing the colour as they don't disgust me as much as usual (I am currently awaiting some prices to get the colour changed).
Could you sell them and buy a set off ebay or something?

Back
Top Bottom