The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Caporegime
My point.....................................> you.

I know that props were made or inspired by old weapons etc, but the scooters were not in keeping with the design aesthetic with the planet or any of the other characters. It was like watching a western and see a bloke drive past in a Mondeo.

Because theyre trying to stand out from the crowd, obviously. They've already slapped cyborg components onto themselves so why not have transportation that stands out?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Because theyre trying to stand out from the crowd, obviously. They've already slapped cyborg components onto themselves so why not have transportation that stands out?
Yes I get that, but they could still do that (stand out) without such a break from the design aesthetic.

I feel a screenshot is required to put my point across.

Caporegime
Yep the brightly coloured scooters felt out of place for me also, reminded me of the Star Wars prequels with the spotless shiny ships looking very CGI.

The queen's ship was actually a practical model coated with Mylar, looked like a flying mirror. Adam savage from mythbusters worked on that one.

Soldato
The human/android gang and their bikes seem a cool addition.

Really? Mods on scooters is a cool addition to Boba Fett?! I almost couldn't believe they did this.

It feels a little like watching a basic and simple computer game. "Big nasty wookie is given to you, press X to kill him press Y to let him go." 'Y' --> Big nasty wookie looks at you and runs away...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Let's have a look at the photos anyway.

We see that in the bikes for the Biker gang that murdered the Tuscan Raiders

...and the Mayor's speeder.

However the cyber biker gang have some really outlandish colour scheme. They stick out like a sore thumb compared to all of the other tech in the series so far.

The Queen's ship was different because it came from a world where everything was regal and "new". Therefore, it wasn't weird seeing such pristine tech. The sandy / run-down palette of Tatooine (I'd argue most of the SW universe post-empire) is well established and this is the first time that we've seen such an obvious difference in aesthetic on screen.

I'm not going to play the "woke" card but it just felt jarring to me. Instead of focusing on the "chase" I found myself trying to figure out what was wrong with the scene, which was distracting.

Caporegime
Let's have a look at the photos anyway.

We see that in the bikes for the Biker gang that murdered the Tuscan Raiders

...and the Mayor's speeder.

However the cyber biker gang have some really outlandish colour scheme. They stick out like a sore thumb compared to all of the other tech in the series so far.

The Queen's ship was different because it came from a world where everything was regal and "new". Therefore, it wasn't weird seeing such pristine tech. The sandy / run-down palette of Tatooine (I'd argue most of the SW universe post-empire) is well established and this is the first time that we've seen such an obvious difference in aesthetic on screen.

I'm not going to play the "woke" card but it just felt jarring to me. Instead of focusing on the "chase" I found myself trying to figure out what was wrong with the scene, which was distracting.

As i said before, imo it's their way of standing out, bold colour schemes vs muted colour schemes will do that :) Suppose you could compare it to hot rods in america back in the day and their ott colours vs regular cars.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Their clothing just looks way of out place and like someone raided a charity shop in this universe breaking the immersion and their whole getup feels more like Bladerunner than Star Wars. For me it just completely ruined the episode even though I quite liked some of the rest.

Caporegime
So awful, it's now essential viewing. Nostalgia was real though, I remember riding those electric bikes round a track at the seaside for 10p a go!

Also gave me a chuckle on twitter:

Caporegime
The show is extremely poor so far.

Boba Fett is a wimp and has been neutered.

They ruined Tuskan Raiders

I just keep quiet about the street rats.

Boba has been "neutered" because he's still healing, hence the bacta tank. If he didn't need it then he wouldn't be using it. How are people somehow failing to notice this? It's an obvious explanation as to why he's not as effective as he once was.

And how did they ruin tusker raiders? By showing they have a bit more depth than barking and killing? Wtf.

Associate
Boba has been "neutered" because he's still healing, hence the bacta tank. If he didn't need it then he wouldn't be using it. How are people somehow failing to notice this? It's an obvious explanation as to why he's not as effective as he once was.

That's exactly it, I think he's still healing from the sarlaac pit.

The Mod gang were as cheesy as hell though - that groupshot, someone must have been watching the Power Rangers when they thought that up!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm not well versed on Star Wars so I barely know the legacy of the character to draw any conclusion there, but I can't get around Matt Berry voicing the Torture Droid. I just keep thinking he's gonna come out with some ridiculous comment a la IT Crowd :D

Man of Honour

I hope this is the angle they are going with and will build it up over the episodes - it feels like the intention is there but I can't be sure.

Soldato
3 eps in and correct me if I’m wrong but they haven’t…
-established Boba’s motivation for being a crime lord
-why a former ruthless bounty hunter is intent on being a nice crime lord
-carried out crime lord stuff, or looked like he’s actually in charge of crime stuff with his syndicate of…4? 5?
-why any of this matters anyway

It’s just Boba wandering round on foot between a handful of sets doing… something to pass the time until he bumps into Mando. Done on a (relative) shoe-string. Feels like they could have filled in his backstory in that series in a few scenes rather than… whatever this is.

Man of Honour
-carried out crime lord stuff, or looked like he’s actually in charge of crime stuff with his syndicate of…4? 5?

It’s just Boba wandering round on foot between a handful of sets doing… something to pass the time until he bumps into Mando. Done on a (relative) shoe-string. Feels like they could have filled in his backstory in that series in a few scenes rather than… whatever this is.

Some of that is covered in the latest episode with Boba's run into town and the attack on the Tusken group he was with.

Soldato

I am guessing a lot will be to do with avenging the tuscans

Permabanned
Its not great but has good bits so I will continue.:)

Can agree on the rainbow posse, they could have been great if they were more of a gritty/dirty/badass augmented gang rather than a clean cut rainbow posse, just did not fit at all.

Back
Top Bottom