The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Caporegime
Black Krrsantan was a bit wasted in that episode, I am sure he will come back and fight with boba.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes, but this one was a little lame. Cgi seems second rate compared to Mando.

The biker mice gang were also to woke for me.

Yeah I didn't enjoy this episode much.

Boba Fett hardly seems like a big crime boss of tattoine walking around with 2 Gamorreans and Ming Na.

Then picks up some clean looking young people to work for him, who ride coloured mopeds and one of them says "mate", not very Star Wars.

And a 'car speeder chase' which was very unexciting.

Man of Honour
Although I was hyped for this I've been busy so haven't seen any of this, and by the sound of it I now won't bother. I had faith that now he's no longer a side character he might be a bit more badass but it sounds like the opposite. Shame, but I suppose it really is just a drop in the ocean when it comes to wasted Star Wars opportunities.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Although I was hyped for this I've been busy so haven't seen any of this, and by the sound of it I now won't bother. I had faith that now he's no longer a side character he might be a bit more badass but it sounds like the opposite. Shame, but I suppose it really is just a drop in the ocean when it comes to wasted Star Wars opportunities.

It's not nearly as bad as some made out. Yes there are parts that might not be everyone liking but overall I would still enjoy it. It's interesting to see other parts, other characters of Jabba's domain.

Soldato
the overall story and performances are decent

I think its just dodgy directing by RR that's letting it down (and im a RR fan)

the chase was poor, they speeded up the camera in the wookie fight just made it look comical, the moped gang really didn't fit in very well with the aesthetic
not really sold on that boba has "taken over" jabbas empire but has what like three people - so he just has a big house basically?
also missing are many badass boba taking everyone out bits - I wanted at least a bit of boba using his armour cool action stuff
enough to like though

Danny Trejo! knew he would pop up with RR involved and spotted him immediately :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Why not? Han Solos blaster was a modified Mauser pistol, one of the storm trooper weapons is an mg34. They use other ww2 weapons as well, why not a design based on an old bike?
My point.....................................> you.

I know that props were made or inspired by old weapons etc, but the scooters were not in keeping with the design aesthetic with the planet or any of the other characters. It was like watching a western and see a bloke drive past in a Mondeo.

Soldato
I don't know if Temuera Morrison has acted himself into a cul-de-sac but this episode really highlited how he says each and every line in exactly the same way since there seemed to be a lot more dialogue in general in this episode. The same pace, pitch and delivery each time, like he has decided pretty much everything Boba Fett says has to be said in a neutral enigmatic fashion. I wish he could convey more nuance or show more facets to the character.

Soldato
Sorry isn’t the whole point of the story that boba hasn’t just ‘taken over’ and it’s obviously a lot more difficult that him just turning up and saying he is in charge now, hence why it’s not ‘convincing’, as it just isn’t meant to be until later in the series?

It seems to me the rancor is a Trojan horse and will try to kill boba at a later date. That foreshadowing was too obvious.

Soldato
I don't know if Temuera Morrison has acted himself into a cul-de-sac but this episode really highlited how he says each and every line in exactly the same way since there seemed to be a lot more dialogue in general in this episode. The same pace, pitch and delivery each time, like he has decided pretty much everything Boba Fett says has to be said in a neutral enigmatic fashion. I wish he could convey more nuance or show more facets to the character.

obviously he wasn't selected as the lead of his own series by direct casting choice, but rather that it made sense from Jango / clones / boba etc from AOTC
However I do think we have seen pretty good range from him so far

Soldato
I get the feeling if we ever hear Boba ordering a pizza, and he's like "I want a quattro formaggi with extra cheese and oregano", it would come out like a wizened Samurai lord issuing a proclamation on his death bed. :) I guess I just have to get used to the way its going to be, its not his fault I guess. It would have to be a pizza from Domino's now however, since, you know :)

Soldato
My memories of Boba Fett being a bad ass bounty hunter from the Star Wars movies are getting ruined by this Laurel and Hardy duo.

What's with the rainbow biker gang, did Lana Wachowski produce this episode? Was the chase scene a homage to Back to the future 2?

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably some rose tinted glasses there.

Boba didn’t do anything bad ass in Empire and then was comedically killed in Jedi while being a fairly ineffective muscle man for Jabba. The character is also pretty old and don’t have any force powers.

Soldato
Probably some rose tinted glasses there.

Boba didn’t do anything bad ass in Empire and then was comedically killed in Jedi while being a fairly ineffective muscle man for Jabba. The character is also pretty old and don’t have any force powers.

the music theme I meant - from John Williams ESB soundtrack, I guess its a too bit 'Imperial' sounding

action wise the 2 mins of him in Mando S2 when he got the armour back and took out the stormtroopers was badass - guess I was hoping for some more of that stuff?

Soldato
What's with the rainbow biker gang, did Lana Wachowski produce this episode? Was the chase scene a homage to Back to the future 2?
The immediate start with that CP droid trying to cross the ‘street’ reminded me of the start of Goonies where Rosalita (the Spanish house cleaning lady) is trying to cross the road during the Fratellies/Police chase.

Back
Top Bottom