The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Soldato
Just not feeling this series. Shame as I like Mando.

Don't think Boba Fett is well cast at all. Wrong build, too old, not badass enough.

Oh, and what the hell was going on with the hut CGI in the second episode. It looked the same quality as when Lucas re-did Jabba when he started hacking at the originals, surely it cant be a nod to them?, they have kept the foam mos eisley dudes after all.

I'll give it another episode then I'm calling it a day on this one I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup, hard to understand why some aren't seeing that.

I think it's more about accepting it as a reasonable reason, rather than seeing it.

Don't think Boba Fett is well cast at all. Wrong build, too old, not badass enough.

Yeah, some old fat bloke doesn't really work to me? (That summary is maybe a bit harsh :p) Did someone say it's the same actor as from the originals... but why? Did we ever see his face? Just go with the most suitable actor now...

Soldato
I think as someone else suggested, the guy playing Boba is such an awful actor that the attempt to transition Boba from a ruthless baddie into Robin Hood seem scarcely believable. If it was a better actor doing this, then even with the somewhat basic premise of him "discovering" himself a la "A Man Called Horse" red indian/Sand People way, I'd be able to believe it. I actually thought in the tent scene they were about to string him up by his man-boobs like Richard Harris :)

Associate
Well, whilst I've got my own headcanon interpretation of how it's going, I will agree that the turn of character for Boba seems to be missing moments. Suggesting either it's coming up ahead (which seems off, given the character change is in Ep 1, but you never know these days with writing for shows...), or they didn't get a good way to show that Boba was still the Ruthless type initially in Ep 1. Which probably would have made the turn of character more believable, say if when he first got out of the Sarlaac, that he did everything he could as a ruthless bounty hunter for their own survival (forcing others to help and sacrificing them for his own survival), but then gradually (from injuries and maybe circumstance) got worn down and then we had what we saw (Jawa's taking the armour, etc).

Associate
TREEEJJJJOOOOO!!

It didn't seem clear in the episode, but I wonder if the Rankor is a trap to eliminate Boba, or if I'm reading Trejo wrong (the guy always seemed villain :) ). I suppose the Rankor may be killed later by Boba to assert dominance or is put under his control through force of will and dominance, despite any betrayal ahead to show Boba in a more commanding light (that a Rankor that was going to kill him is now under his control).

In any event, cool all around (regarding this area). The other parts... *shivers* went a bit "out there". You'll know when you watch it.

Caporegime
It didn't seem clear in the episode, but I wonder if the Rankor is a trap to eliminate Boba, or if I'm reading Trejo wrong (the guy always seemed villain :) ). I suppose the Rankor may be killed later by Boba to assert dominance or is put under his control through force of will and dominance, despite any betrayal ahead to show Boba in a more commanding light (that a Rankor that was going to kill him is now under his control).

In any event, cool all around (regarding this area). The other parts... *shivers* went a bit "out there". You'll know when you watch it.

I thought exactly the same!! I'm certain he gives a couple of "evil" looks when the camera focuses on him. It seems almost too obvious, so maybe they're just using him as he's a typecast evil villain normally to make us doubt him. It's all set up for Fett to come in riding the beast by the end of the series by the looks of it.

A lot of new characters this episode. The human/android gang and their bikes seem a cool addition. The water seller giving off weird evil vibes. The fight with the black wookie was pretty cool, the whole gang chipped in (to help out the old aging boba fett :p ). 4 episodes to go so i'm expecting the plot to speed up from next week, now all the foundations seem to have been set up

rp2000

Soldato
Am I watching a different episode? That was pants.

The wookie/Boba fight was embarrassing - 50 year old man boobs wobbling as he's thrown across the room. Then saved by the scooby doo gang. Why didn't the wookie open the chamber and just laser him? Or simply throw a grenade while he's still sleeping? Very lazy writing.

Combined with the slowest speeder chase ever - seen more tension and excitement in an episode of eastenders.

I wanted this to be good, especially after the fantastic Mandalorian, but the lead character can't act/too old and this isn't the scummy bounty hunter we came to love!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Enjoying this but that band of cyber punks were terrible actors. Also.. why do they have 1950s scooters?

The aesthetic of Tatooine… dark grey, sandy… and how about some bright neon bikes :confused:

I get that they are trying to differentiate from the biker gang…

that killed the Tuscans

…but seriously… they stood out like a sore thumb to the point it was distracting.

Man of Honour
The wookie/Boba fight was embarrassing - 50 year old man boobs wobbling as he's thrown across the room. Then saved by the scooby doo gang. Why didn't the wookie open the chamber and just laser him? Or simply throw a grenade while he's still sleeping? Very lazy writing.

I actually liked quite a lot of it but that whole fight was just LOL I ended up having to skip through about half of it, it was so cringe-worthy.

Agree with EVH above - that whole gang felt completely out of place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Not sure to think of the latest episode. Agree with the above, quite a few moments were meh. I loved the first two episodes but the scooby doo gang looked completely out of place in that city.
I did do a Leo-Di-Caprio sitting up from sofa pointing at TV meme when I saw the female mechanic and her 3 droids from Mando walking by in the background :D

Soldato
Black Krrsantan was a bit wasted in that episode, I am sure he will come back and fight with boba.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes, but this one was a little lame. Cgi seems second rate compared to Mando.

The biker mice gang were also to woke for me.

Caporegime
Enjoying this but that band of cyber punks were terrible actors. Also.. why do they have 1950s scooters?

Why not? Han Solos blaster was a modified Mauser pistol, one of the storm trooper weapons is an mg34. They use other ww2 weapons as well, why not a design based on an old bike?

Back
Top Bottom