• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Did the last 18 months miss you?

Nope but something costing over double is not a good deal. I got one for £369 FE and still think it should be around £350 max to justify it even with the quality build on the FE.. I know what is happening to pricing but making a big deal over a card that is still double what it should cost is nothing worth shouting about and released 2/12/2020, by now it should have cost less than msrp at over a year released.

Permabanned
tho I did sign up for an EVGA queue for two types of 3060Tis

The EVGA that's a bit more and longer...I really don't want that in my TJ08-E, and I really don't want to be an ebay seller in these times. The $480/£350 one I'd go for. But my dislike for Nvidia & AMD has me looking towards Intel, even tho that's a bit like looking towards Stalin over Hitler & Mussolini (while Lisa Su doesn't fit (or does she?), AMD's marketshare over the years is defo analogous to Italy's WW2 expansion record; and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jensen's jacket is made by Hugo Boss...meh). Man, this sucks.

Caporegime
fingers crossed the crazy is hitting saturation point, ie anyone desperate enough has now been scalped and everyone else at this point is more than content to hold for FEs or not bother.

As long as mining profits keep reducing (and crypto in general keeps or stays down), things will get back to normal.

There are only so many people willing to spend over £600 on a 3060TI to game on.

I'm hoping crypto will drop further because look at what happened last summer when it did....suddenly we had OCUK doing deals on 3060tis and it was actually possible to get things close to RRP again.

Caporegime
image.png

Back
Top Bottom