Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
Decided to move the bulky laser printer to behind where I sit and then got a £9 laptop stand to hold my laptop that was sat underneath the monitor which was on a stand. Feels cleaner that's for sure. Also the PC under the desk is now sat atop the monitor stand so it is less blocked by carpet. Cables are a mess though and always will be. Too many to sort out nicely.

Tidy! Your right speaker mat is hanging out and it's giving me OCD lol.

Associate
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4UUmpbES82AMAhwrk5HYKNRLWpU-Yov/view?usp=sharing
view
view

I'm almost ashamed to post a pic of my desk as its so messy at the moment, but then though, sod it, just post it !!

Wait till I post a pic of my motorbike on the 'what have you done to your motorbike today thread' after what i did to it, I got airlifted into Southampton Hospital then spent 6 weeks in critical care recovering, I now get to spend a huge amount of time on my computer in my workshop !!!

Associate
Nice setups as always in here!

What do you think of the Moonlander, mate?

It's a marvel, I've had mine for just over a year now. I hard switched to it when it arrived which I think was the only way I was going to stick with the layout, having a spare 60% in the middle for backup just felt like cheating. Even up to a couple of days ago I was editing the macro layers, I'm currently up to 7 layers(4 of which I use daily - 3 which are niche utilities/RGB controls) with a standard-ish QWERTY layer as default then customised layers for work then specific ARPGs because I prefer to move off the right hand wing so have to move all the controls to one side. It's a bit more work but I like it.

I'd mainly picked it up as I heard good things about it helping with wrist and forearm pain which, I'm happy to report are well founded. I'd get pain in my left forearm after long days WFH/Gaming on my old Ducky but with this I can work/play all day with little to no issues - I am in the market for a new chair. Getting/setting the elevations took a couple of weeks but they've been solid since then with no noticeable shift in 10+ months.

It is a pricey bit of kit for what you're getting but I think the quality of the build overall is good, the customer service is phenomenal in the limited experience I've had with them and it messes with the people around me as they have no ability to type on it so that's an added fun bonus. It's my first split-ortho so I don't have any comparisons to any of the competitors but this one works for me and I liked the look of it the moment I saw it.

Soldato
It's a marvel, I've had mine for just over a year now. I hard switched to it when it arrived which I think was the only way I was going to stick with the layout, having a spare 60% in the middle for backup just felt like cheating. Even up to a couple of days ago I was editing the macro layers, I'm currently up to 7 layers(4 of which I use daily - 3 which are niche utilities/RGB controls) with a standard-ish QWERTY layer as default then customised layers for work then specific ARPGs because I prefer to move off the right hand wing so have to move all the controls to one side. It's a bit more work but I like it.

I'd mainly picked it up as I heard good things about it helping with wrist and forearm pain which, I'm happy to report are well founded. I'd get pain in my left forearm after long days WFH/Gaming on my old Ducky but with this I can work/play all day with little to no issues - I am in the market for a new chair. Getting/setting the elevations took a couple of weeks but they've been solid since then with no noticeable shift in 10+ months.

It is a pricey bit of kit for what you're getting but I think the quality of the build overall is good, the customer service is phenomenal in the limited experience I've had with them and it messes with the people around me as they have no ability to type on it so that's an added fun bonus. It's my first split-ortho so I don't have any comparisons to any of the competitors but this one works for me and I liked the look of it the moment I saw it.
Great info, thanks! Yeah, I'm getting on a bit now and I'm noticing a lot of shoulder and forearm pain after being at the computer for long periods. I need to up my ergonomics game.

Back
Top Bottom