Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mac = work laptop horrid thing :(

Yeah I need to change the curtains.... Only use this room for work so it's not really a priority!

Seeing as I spend 50% of my time in the office I do need to upgrade this room for the other 50% of the time. Will take a bit of effort but need to do it really.

Office space should be a zen space :D

Associate
IMG_9163.jpg

Looks smart.

What stands are you using for the speakers?

Associate

I need a new desk, that's deeper, sitting on the corner like this isn't great, the desk is only 55cm deep, I think I need something a bit deeper. Perhaps L-shaped is the wrong style for the corner I placed my desk? Happy to hear some ideas - looking at all your desks / setups I feel I need to sort it out.

I made my desk set up as I like to sit further away from the monitor. I have a 620mm oak worktop as the main top and then I made a pull out section that extends so total desktop area is 1100m, can be less if not pulled out so far.
Pull out section is 28mm thick and is 500mm depth and 970mm width so a decent enough size for a 900mm mouse pad. Main worktop with Monitor and PC on it is a straight run, 40mm thick, 620mm depth and length of 2540mm

Currently its just on some Ikea cupboards/draws but I may end up totally doing the base part again by making some units myself.

Soldato
Cheers for the info.

I have these old Bose
https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/suppor..._and_computer_support/companion3_series2.html

Are these Edifiers any better you think?
I have a had a wee listen to those speakers through some of the youtube channels that do comparisons and they sound pretty standard for a 2.1 Satellite/Sub system. If you are listening to a lot of music the Presonus will be leagues ahead, you will get much more detailed mid and high range as they are 2-way and seem more high quality drivers. You will lose any sub-bass and some bass, but the bass response from the Presonus will be much punchier and cleaner.

If you watch movies often you might miss the sub bass and some bass but all round they will be much cleaner. I used to stick with 2.1 systems as they were easy to fit on the desk but moved to bookshelf/monitors a good few years ago and have not looked back. There are a lot of options out there to fit basically any budget, listening requirement, and size. Finding the right match can be a slog though.

Best thing I can suggest is take a listen to some tests (make sure you listen with headphones otherwise it doesn't really work):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwVNTAZaW6Q&t=342s&ab_channel=DSAUDIO.review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DSJ4zuOvro&ab_channel=DSAUDIO.review

You should be able to hear the different kind of sound signatures from different speakers. Feel free to

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That looks lovely - could be a B&W photo except for the monitor wallpaper. How do you find the M20s?

They are really good, but didn’t come with the USB cable so having to use them on Bluetooth, but still sound great. Once I have the USB cable I’ll have Apple Hi-res lossless output to the M20’s DAC.

Back
Top Bottom