Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
XZVb4yK

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my current setup for homeworking and gaming. Could be a little tidier with the wires I guess..

Need a few more plants I think :)

A lovely room and setup! The tower dominates a little, as you say something like a plant on top to soften. :)

You could buy one of those cable tidy boxes and it would make such a difference, and then some D-Line trunking (purchase from Screwfix as its much cheaper than Amazon) to route the cables on the back of the Alex units. Trunking along the skirting board for the power lead, if trunking is a no-go a white lead to the extension block?

Soldato
A lovely room and setup! The tower dominates a little, as you say something like a plant on top to soften. :)

You could buy one of those cable tidy boxes and it would make such a difference, and then some D-Line trunking (purchase from Screwfix as its much cheaper than Amazon) to route the cables on the back of the Alex units. Trunking along the skirting board for the power lead, if trunking is a no-go a white lead to the extension block?

Cheers for the comments :) This room was a bit of a mess when we moved in. Been working hard on making it a decent man cave :D Will take a look at the cable tidy suggestions, will get something sorted soon. Going to get some more plants, but need to research ones that do ok in low light.

Transmission breaker
Don
desk2022.jpg

Had a bit of a re-work after changing jobs. I don't need to run test benches anymore, so I can fit my Son's gaming PC on the deskspace, and downsized my monitor collection a bit.

Just waiting on two new monitors from work to swap out the 10 year old Samsung's above the laptop. They have done sterling work, been in constant use for most of that! Also with the extra space, managed to get a treadmill in just out of shot, to keep it from having to go in the living room.

Soldato
T4dlyh3.jpg

Tested positive for the Rona this morning and feeling like I've been dug up, so annihilation by red wine it is.
Here's to sleeping through Sunday, and waking up fresh as a daisy on Monday :D

Man of Honour

I need a new desk, that's deeper, sitting on the corner like this isn't great, the desk is only 55cm deep, I think I need something a bit deeper. Perhaps L-shaped is the wrong style for the corner I placed my desk? Happy to hear some ideas - looking at all your desks / setups I feel I need to sort it out.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

I need a new desk, that's deeper, sitting on the corner like this isn't great, the desk is only 55cm deep, I think I need something a bit deeper. Perhaps L-shaped is the wrong style for the corner I placed my desk? Happy to hear some ideas - looking at all your desks / setups I feel I need to sort it out.

I feel dizzy looking at your photo :p

Why a Mac and PC?

Man of Honour
Mac = work laptop horrid thing :(

Yeah I need to change the curtains.... Only use this room for work so it's not really a priority!

Seeing as I spend 50% of my time in the office I do need to upgrade this room for the other 50% of the time. Will take a bit of effort but need to do it really.

Back
Top Bottom