I've gone Bavarian! 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Soldato
Well at the end of the day, if you prefer it, then that’s a good thing :D

The TT must have been quite hard? Did it have adaptive dampers?
Yeah the TT was very hard and crashy over any imperfections on the road. Didn't have the adaptive dampers unfortunately, just the standard s-line suspension

Soldato
Yeah the TT was very hard and crashy over any imperfections on the road. Didn't have the adaptive dampers unfortunately, just the standard s-line suspension

My fiesta was exactly the same, though in all fairness it could have done with new dampers.

The BM is considerably better but not as good as other similar cars in that bracket, such as an A4/5

Still, no complaints from me as it has certainly made long distance journeys a pleasure :)

Caporegime
OP
Even my dear old mum, 74 yesterday commented a few weeks ago how smooth the ride was after picking her up from the airport. The road was very smooth though!

Soldato
Scheduled, yes, but some people choose to do interim oil changes if higher mileage/just maintenance - I wouldn’t have thought OP would be, but it might be valid for someone else :)

True, but it’s a little annoying when I hear of newer petrol 3 series getting not far off that on a run :p

I always feel “dirty” in a diesel :D

my '18 f36 440i can definitely get over 40mpg on run, but it drops off rather quickly if you use the performance :D My best tank is 35mpg, worst is 12mpg (but that was literally a track day). In reality, it's no worse on fuel at all than my 2019 f36 430i was, in any situation.

Soldato
my '18 f36 440i can definitely get over 40mpg on run, but it drops off rather quickly if you use the performance :D My best tank is 35mpg, worst is 12mpg (but that was literally a track day). In reality, it's no worse on fuel at all than my 2019 f36 430i was, in any situation.

Yeah that’s pretty good!

There’s someone local with an F31 340i with MPPSK and I can always hear when he drives down the A road outside mine :D

Mega jealous :(

I remember the first time I drove a V8 - I felt like an absolute child when I revved it :p Even when I start up my dad’s Z4, which is a 3L I6, I have a massive smile on my face :D

Must get one before 2030!!

Soldato
Yeah that’s pretty good!

There’s someone local with an F31 340i with MPPSK and I can always hear when he drives down the A road outside mine :D

Mega jealous :(

I remember the first time I drove a V8 - I felt like an absolute child when I revved it :p Even when I start up my dad’s Z4, which is a 3L I6, I have a massive smile on my face :D

Must get one before 2030!!
This is exactly how I feel too, went with the 420i as it was the first car after not having one for a few years, but I MUST own a V8 before everything goes electric for good!

Man of Honour
I really don't understand why people pick xDrive out of choice.
I suspect I drive a lot harder than you much of the time. My only comparison is my former E220 and F10 530D, but in current winter road conditions I find the X Drive a significant improvement for my driving. Now it could be argued for most you are right, but pushing on in the same manner in those previous cars would have had them sliding a lot and losing grip. Suspension is better on this one than either of those others so that helps but traction has been the most impressive for me.

It’s down to what you prioritise really. I’d forgo HK for XDrive, others would not. I think 4WD makes sense on big heavy road cars. Audi won that marketing fight.

Man of Honour

Interesting.
Compared to my 428i, I find that my mpg on my 440i is about 10-15% better on the motorway but in urban driving my mpg on the 440i is about 15-20% worse

Soldato
mpg - for motorway work @70 can't cheat the aerodynamics
f36 CdA 0.63
g30 0.56
g20 0.51 impressive
e46 0.6
(X-drive transmission losses/suspension height too)

Man of Honour
38mpg is where I am sitting right now on my 530D for comparison. Less said about the AMG GTR the better on this topic mind…. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom