Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Soldato
While I don't get caught up in hype and leaks I will be keeping a close watch on the 14. I've been using the 12 since pretty much its release and it's the longest I think I've ever kept a phone! (certainly within the past 10 years or so anyway). I'd be lying if I said I hadn't come close to purchasing a 13 Pro/Max but have so far resisted the urge. If I can wait another month then at least we should be closer the 14 release than the 13 :p

Soldato
While I don't get caught up in hype and leaks I will be keeping a close watch on the 14. I've been using the 12 since pretty much its release and it's the longest I think I've ever kept a phone! (certainly within the past 10 years or so anyway). I'd be lying if I said I hadn't come close to purchasing a 13 Pro/Max but have so far resisted the urge. If I can wait another month then at least we should be closer the 14 release than the 13 :p
Same. Still on my XS from 2018, so this will definitely be the longest I've ever had a phone by the time I order the next new iPhone. I'm not expecting the 14 to be some huge change, but even the 13 still feels quite close to the XS. I think the 14 will feel far enough away from the XS that it'll be a pre-order for me, regardless of the fact I've already decided I will be getting a new phone in Sept/Oct this year.

Soldato
Apple will probably want a design that is instantly recognisable so I wouldn't be surprised if there is the double cut out.
At the expense of it looking as utterly horrendous as this pill / circle thing thats doing the rounds? Really cannot see a company like apple accepting such a terrible looking design.

Surely they'd join the pill/hole together and shift upwards by a few mm so it effectiely forms a tiny perfectly symetrical notch? Else they'll risk looking like some terrible chinese android device...

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

At the expense of it looking as utterly horrendous as this pill / circle thing thats doing the rounds? Really cannot see a company like apple accepting such a terrible looking design.

Surely they'd join the pill/hole together and shift upwards by a few mm so it effectiely forms a tiny perfectly symetrical notch? Else they'll risk looking like some terrible chinese android device...

It looks a whole load better than the current notch does?

Soldato
Apple will probably want a design that is instantly recognisable so I wouldn't be surprised if there is the double cut out.

This.

Apple make design choices which helps differentiate them in the market.

If they remove the notch, they’ll put something else in which would say to someone “that’s an iPhone” if they looked at it.

Apples best game is the fact most people seem to have one. So when many people think about getting a new phone, they just automatically think iPhone.

Soldato
Mask use is pretty much done in the U.K. and elsewhere these days so I can’t see them making hardware changes for a problem that’s temporary.

Remember Apple’s solution is for you to buy their £400 watch ;)

Soldato
Mileage varies massively; biggest issue we see at work is mask wearers even under 15.4 and that's assuming their using iPhone 12/13's.
I still would like to see a finger print reader of sorts, other manufacturers implement both so.....
I don’t think any other manufacturer currently offers Face ID. Google did briefly with the pixel 4 and Huewai did for a short time.

Soldato
Or install iOS 15.4.

Prior to a couple of weeks ago it wasn’t.

I own an iPhone and Apple Watch but the cynical side of me can’t help but think with the number of devs have on staff that they could have implemented mask unlock a LONG time ago but haven’t until the we are pretty much done with mask wearing.

Back
Top Bottom