*** Apple Event Tuesday 8th March 2022 @ 18:00 UK: 'Peek Performance' ***

Soldato
OK. I'm getting the £2,000 Mac Studio with an iPhone SE 3 and AirPods 3rd Gen along with three cheapish 4K monitors (I'm a programmer, so I don't need professional colour accurate monitors).

Soldato
Gonna wait for the reviews but this might be my first ever Apple device. Purely for photo editing, but with the price of decent gfx cards through the roof, then suddenly the base studio starts to make slot of sense for creative work only...

Edit - I have an apple tablet at work for testing, but it only gets turned on when there are issues

Permabanned
Well I think after holding off for 15 years, it's time to get my first smartphone. iPhone SE 3 please.

I can get an iphone SE3 for £14.12 per month with a trade in for my iphone 8 but that's then £14.12 more than I would want to pay. I have a sim only plan in my IP8 at the moment and the phone is still in top condition except battery which I could replace myself for under £15.

Commissario
Just been pondering further and I think that I'll give it two or three months and if there's no new Mac mini, I'll probably order the base Studio but tweaked for 32 GPU cores, with 64Gb RAM and a 2Tb SSD along with one monitor.

Soldato
If that monitor had one hdmi port and allowed me to plug in a console I’d have probably bought two. Other than that I just need to decide new iPad Air or iPad Pro.

I'm the same... I'd like to connect my Series X as I do most of my xbox gaming in the office but also my wife uses a surface for work. I'll see what the story is with converters / cables as that has Mini DP... wish they would upgrade her to a model with USB C

Permabanned
Soldato
iMac Pro is outdated. There's no high-end iMac alternative. Even the 27" iMac has the 9th gen Intel chips.

Yeah I know, I just meant relative to what that was when it came out. I'll answer myself:

The iMac Pro starts at $4,999 for a 10-core model with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. Custom configurations can run as high as $13,499.00.

Similar, basically.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Tempted by the studio but I’m not going to replace a gaming pc that I barely use with another static machine :p.

I’ve got a 38” ultra wide which will be a ballache to sell so I could get by with only purchasing a nice dock and a MBP but those specs on the M1 ultra are pretty impressive.

Can’t wait for the review embargo to lift so we can see that the real world performance is like.

Soldato
As said by others, bit disappointed the Mac Mini didnt get an upgrade to the M1 Pro at least.
The Studio is waaaay out of my budget.

Yeah a £1000 Mac Mini with M1 Pro would have been a very reasonable option for a lot of people. There's a big gap between a £700 Mac Mini and a £2000 Mac Studio.

Back
Top Bottom