Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It does make me laugh when people feel they can criticise when they're not prepared to educate themselves. Basic grammatical errors are also a red flag.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that everything you say about Zelensky is true. Let's pretend he really is just as corrupt as Putin and the oligarchs of his inner circle.

Here's the thing: it's completely irrelevant. It doesn't change a thing. The bottom line is that Russia has illegally invaded a sovereign nation, and Zelensky is fighting to defend his country. In this matter, Zelensky is in the right and Putin is in the wrong.

Zelensky's alleged corruption has no bearing on the issue. It's just a weak attempt at distraction from Putin's invasion.

Associate
They better hope they aren’t captured.
Meh, can just say they were on holiday.

Things will get interesting in Russia as companies collapse and all those people just trying to get by keeping their heads down take to the streets. Real shame, but if it incites positive change could work out better for the whole country.

Man of Honour
Ukrainian Energy Minister said that the employees of the Zaporizhzhya NPP taken hostage are being tortured. In addition, Russian propaganda plans to use the personnel of the nuclear power plant for its own purposes.

If the Russians allow a new shift to take over I can't imagine the new shift are particularly keen to.

Soldato
So Irn Bru have pulled out. I had read that Russia was their second biggest market, although the link says it’s a tiny tiny part of turnover.
However, when I was in Moscow there were irn bru signs all over the place. Almost every kiosk had signs on it and they all stocked it. Brilliant for the vodka induced hangover.
Was quite strange seeing Cyrillic Irn Bru, but you can’t mistake that glorious orange and blue logo anywhere!

Irn-Bru maker AG Barr cuts ties with Russian market https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-60623576

Caporegime
****** if they are captured

A side issue created by this now is that if Russia capture any english speaker over there, they could accuse them of being an armed forces member, and possible spy.

Get paraded on tv like the Iraqi's did with downed pilots etc.

Could very easily be manipulated into being touted as excessive interference by the west.

Soldato
Do you think Putin will nationalize all the western company's who have left to give the appearance that everything is ok? McDonald's for example is vertically integrated so there is no reason it could not continue to operate as usual as after all the staff are all Russian and it's them who have the skills and knowledge on how each part of the business runs. Might even bring out the Mc Stalin meal.

Would be interesting to see how far he will go to give the Russians the illusion that everything is fine.

Soldato
So Irn Bru have pulled out. I had read that Russia was their second biggest market, although the link says it’s a tiny tiny part of turnover.
However, when I was in Moscow there were irn bru signs all over the place. Almost every kiosk had signs on it and they all stocked it. Brilliant for the vodka induced hangover.
Was quite strange seeing Cyrillic Irn Bru, but you can’t mistake that glorious orange and blue logo anywhere!

Irn-Bru maker AG Barr cuts ties with Russian market https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-60623576
So either:
1) They'll lying
2) Scotland consumes such an insane amount of Irn Bru that Russia only accounts for 0.1%; despite it seeming like they were big consumers

I wouldn't pass the Scots on option 2 lol

Soldato
A side issue created by this now is that if Russia capture any english speaker over there, they could accuse them of being an armed forces member, and possible spy.

Get paraded on tv like the Iraqi's did with downed pilots etc.

Could very easily be manipulated into being touted as excessive interference by the west.
Weren't you guys saying how Ukraine was against the geneva convention for feeding them bread and letting them call their mum on camera?

Surely the amazing Russians wouldn't do such an act?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom