• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Prices are starting to drop (a bit) it seems?

Particularly Nvidia cards, from what I can see.

I'm trying to think since this mess all started, last year August/September maybe was the "dip" - if you can call it that, you could pick up an AMD 6700xt for about £650, I think even £600.

But Nvidia cards didn't drop much at all, I think they are cheaper now than they have ever been (since the shortage), whilst AMD cards maybe not so much, basically as a percentage change, Nvidia is down a fair bit.

Let's not forget, GPUs are still horrendously expensive, but it's good news.

Associate
6700XT lowest price in Italy is just below 800€ with shipping, about 100€ lower than a few weeks ago and still 200€ over what I'd pay at AMD website.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Exactly and it cant always be the miners. When its like this the scalpers will be squeezed as there is less margin to make and bigger risk. Thing is if retailers are paying more than we think they are the units will simply sit on shelves longer while the market saturates and people divert their income to more needed areas (like paying for their electric and stop borrowing money).

G J

G J

Associate
I've noticed around the £200 and under has taken abit if of a hit as it seems things are going in the right direction.

Associate
Pretty sure miner demand for cards must be zero now. Not even the FE's can give return on investment before ETH is scheduled to go PoS, and once that happens profitability of the other coins (which isn't that good anyway) will plummet.

Only ill informed miners or those gambling that the PoS change will be put off at least another 6 months will be buying now.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Pretty sure miner demand for cards must be zero now. Not even the FE's can give return on investment before ETH is scheduled to go PoS, and once that happens profitability of the other coins (which isn't that good anyway) will plummet.

Only ill informed miners or those gambling that the PoS change will be put off at least another 6 months will be buying now.

Yep. It really is only scalpers left in the FE game as they want a fast sale quick profits. We also have to bear in mind that in six months time the 40 series will be inbound.

Soldato
yep I've noticed also a lot of cards on that site around £140-200 have dropped about £15-25 in the last week or so.

It looks like, when you take shipping into account, there is no profit in selling FE cards to them any more. Coupled with the 4xxx series in (hopefully) a few months, maybe it will be possible to pick up a 3080 soon without having to give up a kidney!

Associate
Noticed a second hand 3070ti on rainforest this morning for £200. Thought it would be one of those pricing issues that would be quickly pulled and bought it hoping the order would be fulfilled.
Got a dispatch email and started to get hopes up, tried tracking parcel.. doesnt exist. Looked up seller and its a new seller with typos everywhere. Ah well.. long battle to get my money back :(

Never thought there would be scam sellers on rainforest!

Associate
Noticed a second hand 3070ti on rainforest this morning for £200. Thought it would be one of those pricing issues that would be quickly pulled and bought it hoping the order would be fulfilled.
Got a dispatch email and started to get hopes up, tried tracking parcel.. doesnt exist. Looked up seller and its a new seller with typos everywhere. Ah well.. long battle to get my money back :(

Never thought there would be scam sellers on rainforest!

Noticed that seller a few days ago, lots of listings on lots of computer products at £200. They need to improve their vetting on that site

Back
Top Bottom