Tesla Model Y

Soldato
you sure? - Cars on inventory with 1600/1800 miles on them (ex demo's etc) - how can they be "unregistered"

https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/inventory/new/m3
There are both ex-demo, or new ones. My Model 3 I got a couple of weeks ago was a new one that came with 8 miles, and unregistered. If they say "Demo vehicle", then they are pre-registered. Also, click on them and all the Demo ones say 2021 on them because they have 21/71 plates.

The demo ones are a fairly new thing in the accelerated delivery inventory, I guess due to them wanting to replace them now that 22 plates are out. When I ordered mine about a month ago, there were never any demo ones on that page.

Associate
you sure? - Cars on inventory with 1600/1800 miles on them (ex demo's etc) - how can they be "unregistered"

Exactly as Em3bbs says, there are new cars and ex-demo cars - I thought it was quite self explanatory. My M3LR that I picked up in December was an inventory car, basically a cancelled order so the stock was released. Was unregistered and had less than 10 miles on it.

Soldato
Exactly as Em3bbs says, there are new cars and ex-demo cars - I thought it was quite self explanatory. My M3LR that I picked up in December was an inventory car, basically a cancelled order so the stock was released. Was unregistered and had less than 10 miles on it.
My one was originally allocated a 71 plate because I ordered it in late Feb, but I arranged for pickup day to be in March so I could get a 22 plate for the residuals. That all worked well, apart from the fact when I got the car it had the 71 plate on it and not the new 22 one! But in Tesla's defence they drove a new set of plates to my house within a couple of hours, I live fairly near to their West Drayton place.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Turned up at the NEC today to be told they found a dent in the boot on Saturday and its currently getting fixed so I cant have it........Should get it by the 31st.
Just annoying they did not let me know before I travelled an hour there.
So what are they going to compensate you with? A service centre gave me a £100 voucher to use when I travelled to my appointment (picking up the car after a repair) and it wasn’t ready.

Can they give you free delivery to home? I’d certainly ask.

Associate
Turned up at the NEC today to be told they found a dent in the boot on Saturday and its currently getting fixed so I cant have it........Should get it by the 31st.
Just annoying they did not let me know before I travelled an hour there.

I’d be asking for details on this dent. How big? How did it happen, photos, etc. I’m rather fussy and I’d probably end up rejecting it.

Associate
So what are they going to compensate you with? A service centre gave me a £100 voucher to use when I travelled to my appointment (picking up the car after a repair) and it wasn’t ready.

Can they give you free delivery to home? I’d certainly ask.

they have said some free charge, coffee and food and a voucher of some sort, I will check today :)

I’d be asking for details on this dent. How big? How did it happen, photos, etc. I’m rather fussy and I’d probably end up rejecting it.

they have found another car at the NEC that I can have instead now, same spec. I can also pick up today.
Let’s see what happens…..

Soldato
they have said some free charge, coffee and food and a voucher of some sort, I will check today :)

they have found another car at the NEC that I can have instead now, same spec. I can also pick up today.
Let’s see what happens…..
Good luck! Saw my first Y in person drive past me yesterday, I do quite like it. It's not the nicest looking of cars but the space looked spot-on to be honest.

Soldato
Got a hidden VIN this morning in my account. - Ordered 1st March, Model Y, White, Black, 20"

Delivery date in App says 17th - 30th June.... Fly to States on 30th June for 17 days. Lets hope it's before then.

Caporegime
Saw my first one in the flesh at the local supermarket at the weekend. Bigger than I thought it was going to be and to be honest, I didnt like it in the flesh either. Something doesnt look right about it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Got a hidden VIN this morning in my account. - Ordered 1st March, Model Y, White, Black, 20"

Delivery date in App says 17th - 30th June.... Fly to States on 30th June for 17 days. Lets hope it's before then.
Check again. My replacement model 3 also showed those exact dates but has since slipped to “November” after checking again today.

Soldato
Check again. My replacement model 3 also showed those exact dates but has since slipped to “November” after checking again today.

Date was originally and always has been for months 24th -30th June, changed this morning to the above info.

Back
Top Bottom