Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
*Russian President Vladimir Putin Has Vowed That Russia Will Push Ahead With An Invasion Of Ukraine Until It Reaches Its Goal
*Russian President Vladimir Putin: A Lot Of People Say The US Is Ready To Fight Until The Last Ukrainian, And That's True
*Russian President Vladimir Putin: Ukraine Has Strayed From The Deal Reached With Russia In Istanbul Talks, Bringing The Process Back To A Deadlock

~this may be news from earlier

Last edited:
Soldato
*Russian President Vladimir Putin Has Vowed That Russia Will Push Ahead With An Invasion Of Ukraine Until It Reaches Its Goal
*Russian President Vladimir Putin: A Lot Of People Say The US Is Ready To Fight Until The Last Ukrainian, And That's True
*Russian President Vladimir Putin: Ukraine Has Strayed From The Deal Reached With Russia In Istanbul Talks, Bringing The Process Back To A Deadlock

~this may be news from earlier

Bloody Americans forcing Ukraine to fight....

Just seen a vid of about 11 Ukrainian soldiers being wiped out at close range by Russian tank, seemingly oblivious to the threat, what were they thinking.

Yea I saw that, they obviously thought it was a friendly for whatever reason :\

Soldato
I was watching the Sky News video posted on the previous thread page.

I got to comment on when the Russian guy talked about how Russia would have to move to match anything that Nato does, especially if Finland and Sweden join.

Let's get it right, the Russia army seems to be acting like a WW2 army. It's very slow and has major supply line issues. Against Nato we'd easily defeat the Russian army. Likely the only reason we haven't hit Russia hard physically is because of the nuclear aspect.

There seems to be a false sense of security in Russia about its military. All the west as to do really, if not wanting to go to the nuke tactic, is to keep draining Russian military resources. Let's see the Russian military along all of its european border and see how long it can keep that up for.

It might be time to start talking past Putin and make hints at other Russian factions who want a way out of this situation.

I think the words were "balance the stiuation" that could mean increased espionage and/or destablisation rather than direct military action similar to what they're up to in Norway there are state actors stirring up discontent against the govt in Oslo amongst the russian population in the far north. Like the other baltic states Finland has a large russian speaking minority that russia would seek to turn against the Finns/Helsinki govt that'd be my guess. Destabilisation that could be used a pretext for further action i.e. to "protect" the population (NATO likely turned down Ukraines application because of teh conflict in the east amongst separatists supplied and funded by Russia)

Russia took 11% of Finlands territory after the Winter War ceasefire but that still left a lot of russians on the wrong side of teh Finnish border, Putin probably regards that as unfinished business

Last edited:
Soldato
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki Speaks
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: Biden And UK's Johnson In Call Highlighted Their Commitment To Continue Providing Security And Humanitarian Aid To Ukraine
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: Russia Will Continue Air, Missile Strikes In Ukraine
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: US Looking For Ways To Expedite Aid To Ukraine
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki On Inflation: Fed Is Independent, Support Their Actions
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: We Support Fed's Policy Recalibration

*Ukraine’s Negotiator: Talks About External Security Guarantees for Ukraine Continuing on Tuesday In Online Format
*Ukraine’s Negotiator: Ukraine’s Position Unchanged Since Istanbul Communique Despite Russian Foreign Ministers Comments

Last edited:
Permabanned
Considering said bloc is now mostly western-centric it would indeed require WW3 to get it back.

The Kremlin's game plan was to own Germany and create a feud within NATO. They failed. It has also massively backfired, and because of that, only now would WW3 be a certainty in this scenario.

Perhaps if Putin started his war a few years later, after Nord 2 was up and running awhile, maybe they would have succeeded in their plans if Germany's initial protesting was anything to go by.

Soldato
The Kremlin's game plan was to own Germany and create a feud within NATO. They failed. It has also massively backfired, and because of that, only now would WW3 be a certainty in this scenario.

Perhaps if Putin started his war a few years later, after Nord 2 was up and running a while, maybe they would have succeeded in their plans if Germany's initial protesting is anything to go by.

QED Putin's actions are driving towards WW3. He seems infuriated that people aren't playing nice with his plans and that people are annoyed that he's causing wide ranging issues outside of the conflict. Perhaps Asia see this as a Euro-spat, but the effect of Putin's actions will have a direct consequence on their economies.

No. Putin wants to behave like the Gorilla and take what he can. The comments about agreements are simply a load of deflective tosh.

Associate
I said it a while back on this thread. What this botched invasion has shown up more than anything else, is how utterly bad the Russian military actually is, if Putin didn't have nuclear weapons to hide behind we'd wipe them out in a week if we actually had any real intention. I believe it would it would go as one-sided and as quickly as Gulf War 1

This war has certainly shown the utility of Nukes - gives you a freedom of action that wouldn't have been tolerated if not for their prescence.

Another 'fact' that persists is Russia's limitless forces - doesn't really have that high a population and given the state of the combat ready Tanks and Aircraft, you wonder what the condition of the many thousands they have in reserve are in - I guess not great.

Man of Honour
Another 'fact' that persists is Russia's limitless forces - doesn't really have that high a population and given the state of the combat ready Tanks and Aircraft, you wonder what the condition of the many thousands they have in reserve are in - I guess not great.

This was the situation with the reserve stock of the 4th Guard tank:

People need to be careful not to confuse the situation in peace vs war though - if Russia mobilises generally to a war footing the situation can change very fast and they have the resources and industry to do so. While they'd struggle with the scale and speed of what was possible under the USSR in WW2 for instance in this kind of transition the Soviet army surged by almost 2 million men and the equipment to support them in little over a month with ~5 months of seeing which way the wind was blowing to prepare.

Permabanned

If this situation continues, and everything seems to indicate it will, we are going to have to mobilise significantly to support the effort or Russia is going to prevail by attrition. It is weird how people get so stuck in a peace time mindset and can't seem to comprehend how things can change in a time of war.

I wonder what Russias numbers are looking like. I know next to nothing about military equipment and/or stocks Thereof. I assume Russia has a much healthier stockpile then that of the US/NATO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom