• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Lol as in it will be at least 10% more than a 3070ti, so 700 quid (and the rest)

Guess we'll find out soon enough, I'll be surprised if it is £700, at least when talking about the FE MSRP pricing. Only way they could justify that is if it beats the 3090ti comfortably in everything.... then £700 would look like a bargain! ;) :p

Soldato
Guess we'll find out soon enough, I'll be surprised if it is £700, at least when talking about the FE MSRP pricing. Only way they could justify that is if it beats the 3090ti comfortably in everything.... then £700 would look like a bargain! ;) :p
Yeah, double the vram makes me think it will be pricey as well, but glad they are doing it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Latest rumour:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 To Feature 16GB GDDR6 At $499 MSRP

ez6ndO7.png

Pretty sure the cuda cores is a typo, 9.7 maybe???

For comparison, a 3090ti specs:

CUDA cores - 8.6
RT cores - 84
Tensor cores - 336
Bus width - 384

Hopefully the 4080 will keep GDDR6x
Nice. As long as it is around 3090 performance with better RT I will be grabbing that. Rumour is it will be a 300W part and the 4080 400W which is mad. Will see what the 4080 FE price is. If it is £699 or thereabouts might go for that instead. Can always power limit it and use fps caps in less demanding games to keep power usage down. Then when power is needed you can unleash it :)

Associate
So here is where you have to place your minds... a world where Nvidia is using another process to produce the 3070/3080 & 102 variants and will continue to do so as far as we know through the 4000 series release and for how long we don't know.

The last time that happened was when we got a surplus stock of Pascal GPUs being sold along side Turing and Nvidia did not under cut the legacy products they screwed over a ton of PC gamers with products like the 2080 and gimped 2070 whilst launching a new extortionate price point for the 2080Ti.

If the 3080 (which still sells way above its MSRP today) is still being produced and sold there is NO WAY Nvidia are going to gift you a 4000 series GPU far and above the specs and performance for less money. NO WAY HOSE-A

Don't get me wrong I'd love them to, but the track record and evidence is not there everything points to 'roll the consumer anyway you can' - sorry for bringing it back to reality but that is bar far the most likely outcome. RDNA3 is the only thing that can skew that and AMD have shown themselves on the side of profit and margin over consumers and market share aka they are gonna charge as much as they think they can.

Turing owners got shafted, at all levels.
Ampere owners got shafted IF they paid over the odds for 102 die's either willingly or cos of shortages.
AMD wants to be in the shafting business, and to shaft at scale.

Soldato
If we exclude outside events like Russia, I think much will depend on Intel's new GPUs. Most modern GPUs can run 1080p at 60 fps+ and very decent settings (not necessarily ultra), and even 4k 60 fps isn't much of a stretch, so the aim will be to entice prospective purchasers to spend extra. If Intel are competitive in the low and mid range then those prices will come down. Remember that you do not have to upgrade.

Associate
Soldato
I'd expect Nvidia purchasers to be hoping AMD pull a big performance increase out of the bag. Most likely way for Nvidia to lower their prices ;)

Back
Top Bottom