• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700X overheating

Associate
OP
I mean having it set to "Enabled" instead of "Auto". So I've set it to "Auto" now and not jumped up hardly at all been running for 2 mins and it's maxing at 56.5C ....

Caporegime

"PBO Fmax Enhancer" WTF is that?

As a reminder....
The one thing that crossed my mind when i first read this was "has his Motherboard unlocked PBO and is it due to that pulling far too much juice" but then i tested my own CPU on smallest FFTs and it also shot right to 90c, which it never does in anything else, it usually maxes around 80c.

You could be right, some motherboard vendors are a bit thick and treat these CPU's like Intel CPU's and have their version of MCE for it, that's a disaster for Zen 3 temps and performance as unlike Intel they don't respond well to just ramming a crap tonne of amps and volts in to them.

Lets see what his temps are when he tests it in Cinebench, we will take it from there :)

Associate
OP
Its a Asus "Feature" I haven't changed it, i think ihad a look and most people seemed to imply you should leave it on auto... after a bit of reading looks like some people are saying to turn it off for Zen3 chips

Caporegime
Its a Asus "Feature" I haven't changed it, i think ihad a look and most people seemed to imply you should leave it on auto...

Ah Asus, yeah.....

Disable it, that has nothing to do with AMD and i think IT is why your CPU is running hotter than it should, i suspect its overriding AMD's defaults for that CPU and pushing too much power into the CPU wich will cause it to run hotter than it should.

Set PBO Fmax Enhancer to disabled, everything else shoul'd be as in that BIOS screenshot.

Associate
OP
Sorry got a little side tracked trying to fix an ancient laptop for my wife's uncle. So ran a single core cinebench with PBO Fmax Enhancer set to disabled and PBO set to Auto and I got 1495 and temps haven't gone above 54.5C, just running multicore now.

Caporegime
Its difficult to know what the score is supposed to be, the 5600X is also a 65 watt CPU but 6 cores, it scores 11,000, the 5800X is 8 core but 105 watts, it scores around 15,500. So somewhere between that.

Your 12.172 run looks perhaps a little low but temps are excellent and its only drawing 62 watts on the cores.

The 14,579 was a higher? over 100 watts on the cores.

@locrieth what are you getting on yours, stock?

Back
Top Bottom