• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Soldato
12900k uses les power in games compared to the 5950X, as well as having higher IPC.

But the person asking the question about 5800X3D or 5950X is only using it for productivity, so again yet another none helpful post where you didn't bother to read the discussion from the start just jump in with both feet.

Associate
5800X3D would be amazing, if it had more than 8 cores :( Real shame AMD didn't release a 5950X3D, as this would be an excellent product.
You bought Rocket Lake, 8 core short term solution that was slower than comet lake and has less cores, that dind't stop you to continue with hypeing Intel, not only that, you predicted that RKL would be 20% faster than Zen 3, and then it ended up slower than even Comet Lake. So conclusion is you are blind Intel fanboy that have terrible prediction record, i have dozens screenshots of your comments from other forums, i can post it here if you want? If i was you, i would delete my account.

edit: And btw, don't create alt account to troll here, do it with your main account if you are a man.

Caporegime
Not got time to go find your post, though you just mentioned the name of one of the games, Football Manager! This was the game you were harping on about in the post I mentioned.

Not much further to add, a 5950X3D would have been amazing, 5800X3D is just not an option for many that need > 8 cores, be it for games or for productivity.

Just trolling at this point tbh.

Soldato
Dave2150 at the time I said you would have been better going AM4 and you decided to go with Rocket Lake and here we are

this blind loyalty isnt whats best for the consumer I dont get it I aint loyal to either

Soldato
I was on a 2500K before my 3700X and would happily go Intel after this 5800X3D if AMD fall badly behind like they did in the 2500K days. I'd rather not do it but I'm not stupid and won't buy an obviously worse option like I would have had if I hadn't bought the 2500K.

Associate
Yep, no loyalty here either. 2500k, 4790K prior to AMD as they were the only real options. I do prefer AMD currently due to their socket support (2600, 3700X and now 5900X) so as long as that continues I am likely to stay, but it all depends on performance ultimately.

Soldato
I've had few from either side Phenom, i7 6700k had few more cant remember :p and now currently 5900x at the moment I prefer AMD due to the socket support and performance is right up there, if zen4 matches peformance or exceeds what Intel has at that time its released and pricing is competitive I will most likely go with AMD because of its past socket support of course no guarantees that will continue

Associate
Does the cache on the top of the core inhibit heat dissipation? Just curious what temps are with this new CPU?

And is there no overclocking on this chip? Has anyone tried to figure out how to get around this lockdown?

Soldato
Right, for like when you can't overclock the worlds "fastest" gaming processor. :D

Kinda more impressive doesn't need to be pumped with power to increase clocks yet still be fastest

Just another way to look at it

This is stage 1 next up increased IPC with higher clocks

Last edited:
Associate
Kinda more impressive doesn't need to be pumped with power to increase clocks yet still be fastest

Just another way to look at it

This is stage 1 next up increased IPC with higher clocks
Zen 4 will be a monster, huge IPC increase combined with better clocks and better 3dcache integration, and from the 5800x3d we can see that AMD can reach Intel level even with 10-15% IPC deficit, so Zen 4 won't have problem beating Raptor Lake because IPC will be at worst similar to RPL, + 3dcache.

Soldato
Zen 4 will be a monster, huge IPC increase combined with better clocks and better 3dcache integration, and from the 5800x3d we can see that AMD can reach Intel level even with 10-15% IPC deficit, so Zen 4 won't have problem beating Raptor Lake because IPC will be at worst similar to RPL, + 3dcache.
Zen 4 likely won't have 3D cache at release though and may come later in a refresh.

Associate
The days of upping the voltage and nearly doubling the clock are over, chips come well tuned out the box, focus has shifted to other areas for improvement.

Back
Top Bottom