• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Yes it is about 4 or 5 rows below this one.:)

Unfortunately it is not being updated anymore.

Cheers mate , i did have a quick look on there but as you say mostly older cards which is a bit bizarre considering it is newer than the Heaven benchmark .. i mean both are ancient at this point but looks like Heaven was released 2009 and Valley in 2013 yet the Heaven benchmark is still very active on here :cry:

Associate
So Kaapstad what's your personal opinion vs a 3090 non Ti then ?

Not Kaapstad, but I've been very impressed with the undervolting potential (currently have mine running faster than stock at 350w/74% TDP), and the improvements to VRAM temps - never seems to get hotter than 64 degrees whilst under gaming or benchmark loads even overclocked to a (ridiculous) 11700 MHz - and that's in a pretty thermally constrained case.

Soldato
Not Kaapstad, but I've been very impressed with the undervolting potential (currently have mine running faster than stock at 350w/74% TDP), and the improvements to VRAM temps - never seems to get hotter than 64 degrees whilst under gaming or benchmark loads even overclocked to a (ridiculous) 11700 MHz - and that's in a pretty thermally constrained case.

Pretty nice, I was soooooooooo tempted considering there are still FE's available on Nvidia's site right now but what with Lovelace only 5 months away for me personally it's not a wise investment coming from a 3080 Ti HoF.

Soldato
Pretty nice, I was soooooooooo tempted considering there are still FE's available on Nvidia's site right now but what with Lovelace only 5 months away for me personally it's not a wise investment coming from a 3080 Ti HoF.

I think the 4000 series will be delayed until 2023, considering the global supply chain issues caused by the war and covid lockdowns in China. Would like to be wrong on this though, as can't wait to get a 4080ti/4090 on release :)

Associate
with Lovelace only 5 months away for me personally it's not a wise investment coming from a 3080 Ti HoF.

I think the 4000 series will be delayed until 2023, considering the global supply chain issues caused by the war and covid lockdowns in China. Would like to be wrong on this though, as can't wait to get a 4080ti/4090 on release :)

I'm pretty sure the 40xx series will be a paper launch - Nvidia have already said they'll continue to sell the 30xx series alongside the 40xx's so I'm guessing they're expecting to have more of the current-gen cards than the next gen. Either way I'm sitting out the 40xx series - this new card's got more than enough grunt to last me through until the end of the current console generation.

Looking forward to the reviews and user's experiences though! I suspect AMD are going to be a lot more competitive with RT and FSR for RDNA3 - Intel looks dead in the water with Arc though - hopefully they'll stick with it and produce some competition further down the line.

Permabanned
Leaks claim up to 2.5 times the performance for Lovelace, while RDNA3 scores 3. This means that if Ampere hits 100 in RT then RDNA2 will flop ~50. Going by the leaks then Lovelace will then score ~250, while RDNA3 will lag way behind at 150. AMD also need to get on board with AI as FSR in its current form is a dead end path. I'll pre-order a 4000 card, taking the option to cancel if RDNA3 starts to look good. It was obvious pre launch of RDNA2 that AMD were not going to do well as they went dark on the subjects of both RT and AI.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the 40xx series will be a paper launch - Nvidia have already said they'll continue to sell the 30xx series alongside the 40xx's so I'm guessing they're expecting to have more of the current-gen cards than the next gen. Either way I'm sitting out the 40xx series - this new card's got more than enough grunt to last me through until the end of the current console generation.

Looking forward to the reviews and user's experiences though! I suspect AMD are going to be a lot more competitive with RT and FSR for RDNA3 - Intel looks dead in the water with Arc though - hopefully they'll stick with it and produce some competition further down the line.

Current gen 3000 cards, 3090 and 3090ti included, struggle with newest games in 4K with max settings. A 50% performance improvement is in great demand for 4K.

If you're using a 3080/3080ti/3090/3090ti for 1080P, or even 1440P, IMO it's wasted as even the 2000 series was able to drive these old lower resolutions quite well (>100fps etc)

Associate
Current gen 3000 cards, 3090 and 3090ti included, struggle with newest games in 4K with max settings. A 50% performance improvement is in great demand for 4K.

I'm not doubting that the next gen of Nvidia (and AMD) GPUs isn't going to be great - but the majority of games being released for the next 4-5 years will be targeting the PS5 and XBox - how much performance are you going to need to play games designed for a 3700X and a RTX 2060/70 equivalent?

Games like Dying Light 2 and Metro: Exodus have already shown that the current gen of Nvidia GPUs can run full RT global illumination far beyond the capability of the consoles, and DLSS will continue to improve throughout the 40xx series (as well as gaining greater adoption).

On the topic of DLSS - plenty of games are playable at 4k using it, and whilst I get that many here would prefer/insist on playing at native resolutions I'm not sure that's going to be possible at 4k even with a 50% uplift (Dying Light 2 runs at on my 3090Ti at 60fps with all the RT bells and whistles turned on at 1440p with no DLSS - a 50% uplift over the current top-end Nvidia GPUs still won't get you 60fps 4k without upscaling).

*Edit* and based on what we've seen of Unreal Engine 5 - what you're actually going to need to get 4k 60fps is a 100GHz CPU :D

Associate
I have only a slight temptation to upgrade from my current 3090 Suprim X. Not...quite...there...yet.

These cards are massive now. They might as well come with a built-in case and PSU. We'll be connecting out motherboards, CPUs and RAM into the GPU, which will be the brunt of the gaming PC rather than a component.

Soldato
If i get one of these upgrading from a 3090, i would also need a new psu to compensate for the additional power needed to run them! Just can't justify it right now, would rather wait for Lovelace.

Associate
Hmm. I’m running a 3070 on a super ultra widescreen at the moment (ie close enough to 4K in terms of resolution) and I’m toying with the 3090ti in order to justify the screen resolution, especially as MSFS is the game I play the most. I know Lovelace is just around the corner but maybe for me it’s worth it? Opinions welcome.

Soldato
Hmm. I’m running a 3070 on a super ultra widescreen at the moment (ie close enough to 4K in terms of resolution) and I’m toying with the 3090ti in order to justify the screen resolution, especially as MSFS is the game I play the most. I know Lovelace is just around the corner but maybe for me it’s worth it? Opinions welcome.

NAh, not for the cost, I'd wait for next gen and turn down any draw distance setting if available.

If you really wanted summat I'd get a 3080Ti FE. in stock and £1049 - that will give you most of a 3090Ti performance but saving £830

Dunno how well optimized the game has become since this review;

But going from 31fps to 45, even 50 fps, with a 3090Ti whilst better - still not a fluid experience at high resolutions and not wirth the +£830 over the 3080ti. Tough game to run.

Has DLSS not been implemented yet - I know there were going to add it in from an article I saw in Jan?

Back
Top Bottom