Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 19th May 2022]

Soldato
Do they actually achieve anything? I’d always assumed such orders would be so easily circumvented that they were effectively meaningless.
I would expect they make it impossible to buy a season ticket as you need to supply a name and address, other tickets I guess it depends on the club setup and if for example on the day cash sales are allowed. The punishment for breaching one is 6 months in prison but I don't know anyone who has had one so couldn't say how easy it is to get round.

*EDIT* seems they are enforced and people punished for breach https://www.merseyside.police.uk/ne...enced-after-breach-of-football-banning-order/

Don
The higher you go up the Leauges the harder it is to get tickets, particularly without handing over personal details. For lower League clubs I can't imagine it's too difficult to get your hands on a ticket without the club knowing who you are. Obviously there's the risk of being caught and charged but I suspect the numbers that get caught are fairly small but that's just a guess.

Soldato
I don’t go to a lot of games and when I do it’s usually someone else who bought the ticket (As a Liverpool fan in Norfolk I’ve had family members with season tickets get me a ticket for the away end when they come to Norwich before, also get the occasional freebie through work - there can’t be many Liverpool fans who were at Rafas last game ;) ) I figured it would be easy enough for a hardcore fan to get a ticket through a friend so there was no record they were there.

Back
Top Bottom