Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Commissario
They really have not been that hard to get hold of for the last few launches. The lead time was only a couple of weeks from Apple at the most and usually available to walk in and buy from 3rd party sellers/networks.
I wasn’t able to pre-order the 13 Pro Max last year and started checking local Apple stores for stock about a week after launch. It took over a month before I was able to find the model I wanted in stock (I wasn’t fussed about colour, it was just the memory capacity) and online delivery dates were even longer. Third party may have been different but I prefer to buy direct from Apple.

Just look at the lead times for their MacBook Pro’s and iPad Airs - 2 months and 1 month respectively.
My Studio Ultra is on a twelve week delivery time, the display eight to nine weeks (and is likely to be delayed) and I looked at a 14” MBP a couple of days ago and the wait time is somewhat surprising.

Associate
Decided to go for the 13 Pro. As good as the 14 Pro will probably be, I came to the conclusion that it won't be toooooo much of an upgrade (he says now) and I get to save some cash in the process once I’ve sold my 11 Pro. Arrives tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good power bank for the iPhone 13 Pro Max? I'd prefer it if it used USB-C as I already have a lightning to USB-C cable. I was looking at the official MagSafe battery from Apple but it looks pretty expensive for what you get. I'm looking for the biggest capacity power bank. This is for when I can't easily charge my phone and need something to get me through a day.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good power bank for the iPhone 13 Pro Max? I'd prefer it if it used USB-C as I already have a lightning to USB-C cable. I was looking at the official MagSafe battery from Apple but it looks pretty expensive for what you get. I'm looking for the biggest capacity power bank. This is for when I can't easily charge my phone and need something to get me through a day.
I just have to ask, what are you doing that you can’t make it through a day with the 13PM? It has an easy 2-day battery and anecdotally 3 days for the lighter user.

Soldato
I just have to ask, what are you doing that you can’t make it through a day with the 13PM? It has an easy 2-day battery and anecdotally 3 days for the lighter user.
I'm sometimes in the hospital where I am not allowed any cables or chargers so the longer the battery life the less I have to spend without my phone.

Associate
Got my 13 Pro yesterday. Feels a lot more premium than my 11 Pro.

The 6.1” is definitely the max for me-will say that the 5.8” is the optimum size for a Smartphone imo.

120hz screen is very nice indeed.

Commissario
Just remember that when a company describes a phone as a refurb, all it generally means is that they’ve made sure it’s erased and cleaned it.

If you buy a refurb from Apple, you’re getting a new outer shell and battery along with the full 12 months applecare.

Caporegime
Just remember that when a company describes a phone as a refurb, all it generally means is that they’ve made sure it’s erased and cleaned it.

If you buy a refurb from Apple, you’re getting a new outer shell and battery along with the full 12 months applecare.

It's actually described as Like New.

Commissario
Came with 100% battery and Applecare until next year.
When's the Applecare expiry? That's how old the battery will be. Posts on the Gifgaff site suggest that they don't fit a new battery to refurbs so there's no guarantee on what you're getting so it's luck of the draw.

You could get one that's described as "Like New", which is the condition of my iPhone 13 Pro Max, there's not a mark on it and I'm sure they'd sell it as "Like New" but it's 257 days old with 86 charge cycles.

Associate
When's the Applecare expiry? That's how old the battery will be. Posts on the Gifgaff site suggest that they don't fit a new battery to refurbs so there's no guarantee on what you're getting so it's luck of the draw.

You could get one that's described as "Like New", which is the condition of my iPhone 13 Pro Max, there's not a mark on it and I'm sure they'd sell it as "Like New" but it's 257 days old with 86 charge cycles.
March 23.

Selling my 11 Pro offset £300 off of it so more than happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom