Soldato
dn1eszknh6881.jpg

xdff2zknh6881.jpg

qnuxy0lnh6881.jpg

u8ubyzknh6881.jpg

mjos32lnh6881.jpg

q5qdwclnh6881.jpg

f4qq5xknh6881.jpg

Msi Edge Z690 / Intel 12900k / 3090 Suprim X / EK Quantum Loop / 32gb Gskill 3733 C14 / Samsung 980 Pro 2TB + 1TB MP600 / Corsair RM850x / Win 11 Pro / LG 34" Ultra Gear Ultrawide / Lian Li O11D XL
Looks amazing, how are your temps?

Associate
Temps could be better about 10c above delta with the glass panel off and about 15c above with side panel on but back panel off after a good hour of gaming. Maybe the 12900k is adding a quite a bit more heat and the lack of pull push on XE. However the PC is in the corner and room area is a cut out 2.5m buy 1m off a hallway. Use to be an old utility room which I got converted to an office gaming area :p

IMG-2905.jpg

6NTvhvb

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my build, I just swapped cases, went from a Corsair 570x to the 011D, I really like the case, easy to work with.

Next upgrade will be the GPU, planning to upgrade to a RTX 3080ti :D

IMG-0639.jpg

Associate
v0h48fM.jpg

meant to upload this monthsss ago..

011 Dynamic Mini - full ATX Asus z390 apex, 9900ks, 3090 with active backplate block, 2x 360 radiator 1x 240 radiator and a lot of Noctua fans, soon to be swapped out for black versions

Soldato
No one done a watercooled build in the Phanteks Shift XT?

Sort of contemplating it, but I actually like the normal Shift X with full glass side panels and standing upright. I think XT would be an amazing option though if I did not have an external rad as airflow is much better. I wish there was a mish mash of the two cases tbh.

Soldato
Sort of contemplating it, but I actually like the normal Shift X with full glass side panels and standing upright. I think XT would be an amazing option though if I did not have an external rad as airflow is much better. I wish there was a mish mash of the two cases tbh.
Same but im thinking of building with an external rad anyway so at least i could keep the internal components cool while all the rad heat is expelled elsewhere like i have it now.

Soldato
Same but im thinking of building with an external rad anyway so at least i could keep the internal components cool while all the rad heat is expelled elsewhere like i have it now.

Yeah thats what I mean sorry. I think with external Rad, the XT is less attractive. IMO the XT fix's the normal Shift cases in terms of airflow and more so if you install radiators. The Normal Shift I think look prettier with large tempered glass side panels but that sucks for temps. Non-issue when you have an external rad. There are some elements of it I do like so would love to see them translated back to the normal shift cases.

All personal pref I suppose.

Soldato
Yeah thats what I mean sorry. I think with external Rad, the XT is less attractive. IMO the XT fix's the normal Shift cases in terms of airflow and more so if you install radiators. The Normal Shift I think look prettier with large tempered glass side panels but that sucks for temps. Non-issue when you have an external rad. There are some elements of it I do like so would love to see them translated back to the normal shift cases.

All personal pref I suppose.
I've decided to finally move away from Phanteks for now, going ultra compact with a Dan A4 H20 and migrating my itx build into it with an external rad. Will keep the inside fairly roomy without having to squeeze a radiator in there so should be pretty clean.

I really wanted to go with the Phanteks shift XT but the pcie 4.0 put me off as it bumps the price up a fair bit. If they did a 3.0 version i probs would have gone for it.

Soldato
Ahh that has turned out awesome. How you like it compared to the shift?
Yeah really pleased with it, its so much lighter compared to my shift build haha. Weighs a fraction of what that did and so much easier to move around the desk.

The temps are actually better surprisingly, might have a lot to do with the less amount of fittings used and better placement of the main components with fans directly flowing over them too. The single D5 pump is more than upto the job so i've gone from 3 x D5's to just the one now which has reduced the amount of hum noise from the all the pumps in use.

CPU temps have dropped significantly from around 68-75c to a mere 55c now under gaming load. The only thing really left to do is to add a flow meter and a water temp sensor so i can keep track of those.

Back
Top Bottom