What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Installed Diablo Immortal today just to get a taste for what is getting so much hate.
Few hours in and I'm having a good time (pc)
The p2w element is obviously there but there is at least some temporary enjoyment to be had as f2p

Apparently the P2W element is well hidden for the first fifty ranks/levels, but after that it starts to ramp up enormously. It's like a drug dealer getting you hooked on a the first free samples, then demanding money as you go on.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Diablo Immortal, new benchmark for arpg games tbh, yes the p2w sucks but since i dont pvp its that much of an issue for me.
That's a pretty low benchmark unless you mean purely in the context of mobiles, in which case I would ask what was the old benchmark?
Also your definition of p2w is the classic one, the kids these days are attributing p2w in any context where you pay money to get an advantage whether it's pvp or pve.

I've been burning through a fair few games of late partially due to the new oled monitor and partially due to lying in bed on steam deck for far too long

PC
PoE - on and off, longest I've maintained interest in a league since I started
Ghostrunner - found it a bit janky at first but then found a rhythm. Finished it, bought DLC immediately, then 100% on steam achievements, which oddly dont take into account the hardcore mode. Just on the Hel fight in hardcore mode
Lost Ark - motivation disappeared once the the dust settled and it became nothing but dailies to throw the dice on upgrading chances
Doom Eternal - glorious maxed out in hdr and rtx on oled
Dying Light - installed for the free Following giveaway, showing its age for sure

Steam Deck
Braid - was never in the mood for it on pc, works well on handheld
Vampire Survivors - stupid amount of hours racked up on a game so simple. It deserves its glowing reviews, and it's dirt cheap
Enter the Gungeon - a little too dry with its lack of progress between runs, but I keep coming back
Maneater - a little fiddly with the controls, and looks overdetailed (in a bad way) at this res
Celeste - just started, not sure I like the climbing aspect mixed in with platforming yet
Broforce - also just started. Has a slight worms feel to it with the env destruction.

Last edited:
Associate
Loved this game, 200 to 300 hours put in, unfortunately I couldn't get into Division 2.

If you've not tried for a while its worth giving d2 another go, it's fantastic now.

I loved d1 but d2 was poor on release but the NY expansion is great and the endgame is huge, so much to do

Associate
Satisfactory and I'm not sure if I hate myself or not. At least update 6 drops soon so I get to restart and hopefully focus on efficiency and aesthetics instead of a total mess.

Associate
Just started Factorio, going through tutorial and already trying to get efficient builds rather than just learn the ropes. Might not be seen for a few days...

Soldato
Started Weird West on Gamepass the other day. Not quite sure what to make of it yet. The setting is okay, some of the abilities and RPG elements look interesting and there seems to be a decent choices-and-consequences mechanic with people you save or antagonise cropping back up later on. There are some neat physics and environmental interactions to open up interesting possiblites for approaching some missions, too.

But the movement, combat and camera feel clunky, stealth seems important but not well implemented, the locations are a bit bland and repetitive, and there's too much inventory churning for my liking. Not quite sure if I am going to stick with this one or not.

Associate
I'm about to start RE7 with the new ray tracing features. I never got far with this one so if all goes well and I'm not too chicken I'll play Village after.

Associate
That's a pretty low benchmark unless you mean purely in the context of mobiles, in which case I would ask what was the old benchmark?
Also your definition of p2w is the classic one, the kids these days are attributing p2w in any context where you pay money to get an advantage whether it's pvp or pve.

I've been burning through a fair few games of late partially due to the new oled monitor and partially due to lying in bed on steam deck for far too long

PC
PoE - on and off, longest I've maintained interest in a league since I started
Ghostrunner - found it a bit janky at first but then found a rhythm. Finished it, bought DLC immediately, then 100% on steam achievements, which oddly dont take into account the hardcore mode. Just on the Hel fight in hardcore mode
Lost Ark - motivation disappeared once the the dust settled and it became nothing but dailies to throw the dice on upgrading chances
Doom Eternal - glorious maxed out in hdr and rtx on oled
Dying Light - installed for the free Following giveaway, showing its age for sure

Steam Deck
Braid - was never in the mood for it on pc, works well on handheld
Vampire Survivors - stupid amount of hours racked up on a game so simple. It deserves its glowing reviews, and it's dirt cheap
Enter the Gungeon - a little too dry with its lack of progress between runs, but I keep coming back
Maneater - a little fiddly with the controls, and looks overdetailed (in a bad way) at this res
Celeste - just started, not sure I like the climbing aspect mixed in with platforming yet
Broforce - also just started. Has a slight worms feel to it with the env destruction.

My benchmark is 20 years playing arpgs.
Gameplay wise immortal is beyond any other arpg.
Im specifically talking about gameplay here, content wise its also pretty packed.
All the usual diablo top players are playing immortal on PC, so no the context is not mobile..

Yes its p2w for pvp and challenge rifts, i havent spent a thing am paragon level 30 and enjoying its solid endgame without feeling i need to buy anything.
If i get to that point i will stop.

Soldato
Maneater (free on Epic). Board so installed it thinking it might be ok, It's excellent! Having a lot of fun been a shark.
The game does have a few bugs, have to select Play, then select save as selecting continue crashes but other than that it looks and play great.

Soldato
Maneater (free on Epic). Board so installed it thinking it might be ok, It's excellent! Having a lot of fun been a shark.
The game does have a few bugs, have to select Play, then select save as selecting continue crashes but other than that it looks and play great.
I bought it when it came out, its an excellent game, very underrated.

Ive just finished the main campaign of Rogue Legacy 2 and what a game it was, fantastic. Ive started Starship Troopers Terran Command which is excellent so far.

Soldato
Hardspace Shipbreaker.
I'm having fun, but I do suspect it's going to start feeling quite repetitive. It's just finished drip-feeding in the different tools, so we will see whether it starts to wear now.

I played a fair bit of Medieval Dynasty a few weeks back, and found it entertaining - but after a two week holiday abroad I don't seem to be able to convince myself to fire it up again, so that might be finished with.

Soldato
Hardspace Shipbreaker.
I'm having fun, but I do suspect it's going to start feeling quite repetitive. It's just finished drip-feeding in the different tools, so we will see whether it starts to wear now.
Played about 5 hours solid last week and at first was really into it but then as you say, it quickly becomes repetitive with the only real progression being bigger ships.

Soldato
Another playthrough of Resident Evil:Biohazard and was getting severly peed off with the chaisaw fight with Jack until idiscovered I did not need to use the chainsaw at all but guns would do the job. :D

Back
Top Bottom