What PC games are you playing?

Caporegime
Think once the little one goes to sleep I may fire this up and begin my play through. I absolutely loved The New Order, yet couldn’t get on with The Old Blood.

But the OCD in me wants to play through the Old Blood beforehand!

Just slap it on easy and razz through it. It's not bad in the end. But it took me two attempts to finish it as well.

Man of Honour
I've just bought Dysmantle because it's on sale on Steam and looked like it might be fun for me. Certainly worth a punt at £10 for me. Single player post apocalypse survival game with a story. You play the role of someone who saw the problem coming and built a bunker. A couple of years later and your food stores are empty and you have to come out. Dismantle stuff for resources, learn to craft stuff, gain skills, explore, fight zombie-things, try to find a way off the island you're on. Maybe there are some safe havens elsewhere. There's a strong emphasis on scavenging for the resources you need. Dismantle stuff in a dystopia. Dysmantle.

Here's the beginning of a playthrough. The player/presenter is, thankfully, neither fake-hysterical nor a fan of irrelevant music constantly played over their narration.

Associate
Currently playing Assassins Creed Odyssey - very pretty but I think Alexios looks more like a member of Kajagoogoo than a Greek hero....

Playing Old World and enjoying it. Mash up of Civ 6 and Crusader King 3. Is somewhat different in you can only settle on certain spots, so no going wild like you can with others which I kind of miss. The family aspect is really neat.

Been looking at this - there seems to be mixed views on how combat is managed - anyone on here have a view?

Last edited:
Associate
Cant stop doing that 'just one more run' on Rogue Legacy 2. On new game plus 1 at the moment. Not done any of the bosses, but powering through to earn cash to upgrade. Really enjoying it too.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Just picked this back up afer playing the prologue a while back. I had an issue on my PC where UE4 games would crash randomly. I've since figured out, despite already undervolting, that it was 3080 boosting too high (undervolt had it running 100MHz over stock. Limited it to stock boost and played for a few hours last night.

Not sure I like the linear platforming aspect. The environment seems more challenging than the enemies at this early stage but determined to keep going.

Soldato
That's what they do. You'll have to limit your sleep to 5 hours a night if you want to get some descent gaming in. Have another one and that's basically it for a few years.

But on the plus side, you then have the potential for some jolly parent-child multiplayer a few years down the line. Of course, it will probably start with getting trolled in Minecraft if your experience is anything like mine, but then you can gradually have them graduate to Lego games and then more intresesting MP games as they grow up.

Whilst I had a bit of a PC hiatus for a while when they were little, since then some of my favourite ever gaming moments have come online with the kids. I even enjoyed the "[pretends to co-op] oh dear, I've shot dad again, tee-hee-hee" antics in Minecraft :). As they've moved through their teens we've had a blast in Remnant, Vermintide, Valheim, Magicka, and a few others.

So... currently I am still working through Nioh 2 when I am just playing alone, but most evenings the past week or so have been in Borderlands 3 in a co-op trio with the kids. It's great fun, and funny to see how our various playstyles have consolidated over the years. I definitely have V Rising on the list for later this year too, given how much we all enjoyed Valheim.

Soldato
But on the plus side, you then have the potential for some jolly parent-child multiplayer a few years down the line. Of course, it will probably start with getting trolled in Minecraft if your experience is anything like mine, but then you can gradually have them graduate to Lego games and then more intresesting MP games as they grow up.

Whilst I had a bit of a PC hiatus for a while when they were little, since then some of my favourite ever gaming moments have come online with the kids. I even enjoyed the "[pretends to co-op] oh dear, I've shot dad again, tee-hee-hee" antics in Minecraft :). As they've moved through their teens we've had a blast in Remnant, Vermintide, Valheim, Magicka, and a few others.

So... currently I am still working through Nioh 2 when I am just playing alone, but most evenings the past week or so have been in Borderlands 3 in a co-op trio with the kids. It's great fun, and funny to see how our various playstyles have consolidated over the years. I definitely have V Rising on the list for later this year too, given how much we all enjoyed Valheim.
And what about mum?

Back
Top Bottom