**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
Are there any decent deals on this sim free yet? Way overpriced for me at the moment.
Best I can find are some refurbs on an eBay store. £870 for an S22U 128GB (excellent condition) and £940 for the 256GB (very good condition but it's an ex-display unit). Few more months I reckon and the prices should be more attractive.

Soldato
If you are looking for deals on the s22 then have a look at the Samsung site. If you buy any s22 with certain accessories then you get 20% off. Plus they accept phones for a trade in.

The standard s22 is very cheap at the moment, have a look on HotUKDeals for more info.

Last edited:
Soldato
Best I can find are some refurbs on an eBay store. £870 for an S22U 128GB (excellent condition) and £940 for the 256GB (very good condition but it's an ex-display unit). Few more months I reckon and the prices should be more attractive.
Bought a pixel 6 pro in the end. The s22 ultra looks a great phone, just way too pricey.
The pixel is great so far :) Touch wood...

Soldato
Nice, I take it the camera is pretty good? How you finding the battery life?
Great camera, although it was always going to be an improvement coming from a OnePlus 7pro.

Battery life is fantastic, I'm still on 88% today.

Not had any of the reported connectivity issues so far and even the much maligned FPS seems good :)

Only issue was Google sent me the wrong phone to start with. So had to send it back, still waiting for a refund. But on the plus side, I got the phone for £699 with £40 worth of vouchers for my hassles and also £160 store credit :)

Man of Honour
Still can't believe we are at this stage with phone cameras being so crisp in terms of zoom.

Normal wide:
20220615_121400.jpg

3x tele lens:
20220615_121401.jpg

10x tele lens:
20220615_121405.jpg

Digital zoom beyond 10x tele (I forgot what amount this was, maybe 30x...):
20220615_121419.jpg

Associate
My SD Version updated to AVF1 a couple of days ago and I can safely say the performance has improved dramatically. I no longer have the stuttering issues which were evident previously. Twitter runs far smoother, I don't have the rubber banding type effect where you scroll up/down. Really good performance now.

Bloody Three are always slow with the updates, I just got mine today.

Has anyone got any good shots of the moon with the phone they care to share, also any tips for getting a good pic of the moon without using a tripod? I have always wanted to get a nice one, but mine are just rubbish lol.

Man of Honour
Just point and shoot but tap the moon if the meter doesn't adjust in photo mode. You will need to get to about 70x to get decent frame coverage. Only way to get it in focus is to not have shaky hands. I have managed it and posted some examples in the thread earlier.

Soldato
I got the s22+ a few days back and I am not really blown away by it. Battery life doesn't seem that much better than my old phone with just over 4 hours SOT with 25% left. The battery was the main reason why I upgraded my phone as it was on 80% health.

120hz is nice but there are some hitches now and again which I am finding annoying. It was fairly bad on the first day but has improved 3 days in. Vibration motor is also noticeably weak.

These few niggles are making me reconsider keeping the phone.

Man of Honour
I have notice dthat fast wireless charging has stopped being fast sometimes since the recent update. It shows fast wireless charging, but the time to full estimate is not representative of fast wireless charging I have seen previously.

Example of today's observation and when I then plugged the charger cable in:

6lFJ5vn.png

Associate
I've still got an issue with notifications not coming through until I've unlocked the phone. Anyone have a fix for this? I don't think I have any power saving stuff enabled that could cause it.

Soldato
I have notice dthat fast wireless charging has stopped being fast sometimes since the recent update. It shows fast wireless charging, but the time to full estimate is not representative of fast wireless charging I have seen previously.

The wireless charge is still as slow as ever since the update

Back
Top Bottom