**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Ive just got a new S22. seems like a nice size, i had an S10+ previously, and it seemed a bit big sometimes.

So i need a case for it. i went Mous last time, but at £36, it seems a bit excessive. What are you using on yours?

Also, i always end up with problems with the USB connection, so this time i'm going to get a little cap to stop the usb from filling up with fluff, so i need a wireless charger that doesnt make any noise (ive read reviews of some that do). Any suggestions? The anker one for £16 looks ok for the price. Any recomendations?

Thanks

Soldato
Charger I use for over night charging at slow speed, so silent. It does do fast charging and has a cooling fan, though not the full speed latest fast charging spec, but fast enough for me.

Case I have which shows off the nice colour of the phone, and fits great without being tight enough to cause rub marks.

I also use a magnetic usb c cable for super fast charging if needed, and the magnetic bit just lives in the phone port 24/7. Protects the port, and no wear n tear as it's in to stay in.

Edit:

To add a bit more info, I prefer to have the chargers that Samsung supply, just so nothing funky is happening with the battery.
The charger plug I use is the Samsung Super fast charger, though not the latest 45W version. It's still fast and can be bought for a tenner.

The wireless charger I linked above, I bought from at half the price in white, so just shop around.

And that's connected by one of those magnetic cables for fast cable swapping to the phone when I need a fast top up.

Last edited:
Associate
Charger I use for over night charging at slow speed, so silent. It does do fast charging and has a cooling fan, though not the full speed latest fast charging spec, but fast enough for me.

Case I have which shows off the nice colour of the phone, and fits great without being tight enough to cause rub marks.

I also use a magnetic usb c cable for super fast charging if needed, and the magnetic bit just lives in the phone port 24/7. Protects the port, and no wear n tear as it's in to stay in.

Edit:

To add a bit more info, I prefer to have the chargers that Samsung supply, just so nothing funky is happening with the battery.
The charger plug I use is the Samsung Super fast charger, though not the latest 45W version. It's still fast and can be bought for a tenner.

The wireless charger I linked above, I bought from at half the price in white, so just shop around.

And that's connected by one of those magnetic cables for fast cable swapping to the phone when I need a fast top up.
Thanks for that.

I hadnt considered a mag safe type connector... that would avoid the need for wireless charging altogether i think... do you find it reliable?

Cheers

Soldato
The one I linked above has been rock solid.
The other types I've heard can trip the moisture sensor. So just watch out for which you buy. Also do note, that the small magnetic field causes a small black spot at the bottom centre for the Spen. This also happens with magnetic phone holders.

But if that's an issue, just pull the plug when you need the Spen at that point. It's never bothered me.

Associate
I'm mulling over the same deal. The provider being Three, the fact it's only the black (prefer the green) and that it's only 128GB are the downsides which are stopping me hitting buy. Wasn't aware of the roaming charges which is another turn off, although it does seem like everyone's reintroducing them again.

Caporegime
I have had my Samsung S22 Ultra for 98 days, I had the official Silicone cover which is an absolute piece of crap that was already falling apart at the corners.

I have just dropped my phone, it landed screen side down and the bottom of the screen is smashed and the touch screen no longer works, other than to swipe down from the top.

I did not have Samsung's insurance...because in my 12 years of Smart phone ownership I have never even smashed a screen or even scratched one of note.

What's my best option here? A costly Samsung repair? Trouble is I need my phone to run my business so can't be without it, sadly.

Caporegime
I have home insurance covering personal possessions

My excess is £250

The Samsung screen repair and replacement battery is £289

It's not really worth making a claim to save £39.

I had a Zagg case on my S20 Ultra, which was good but a little bulky. Thought Samsung would make decent cases for their phones, but it was really bad. Couldn't believe it was falling apart after 60+ days

Soldato
@VincentHanna

In the future have a midrange backup phone with all accounts setup so you can just pop your SIM in and continue for emergencies.

Just have to suck it up this time. They possibly wipe the phone too when in for repair.

Back
Top Bottom