New car delays.

Associate
My wife collected her car yesterday, came in at the faster end of the expected timeline.

Ordered the start of Jan, and collected 20th June - she's happy :)

Associate
My wife collected her car yesterday, came in at the faster end of the expected timeline.

Ordered the start of Jan, and collected 20th June - she's happy :)
Wow, good delivery time for a new car with everything going on at the moment. How is she enjoying her bright pink 7.2 litre V8?

Associate
Wow, good delivery time for a new car with everything going on at the moment. How is she enjoying her bright pink 7.2 litre V8?

Not too far off with the colour, but the engine is a bit smaller :) She does have a different plate due to go on next month but she is very happy with the car!

i.php

20220621120253-e9b5eb16-xl.jpg

Associate
Not too far off with the colour, but the engine is a bit smaller :) She does have a different plate due to go on next month but she is very happy with the car!

i.php

20220621120253-e9b5eb16-xl.jpg
Lovely looking car in that colour. It is nice to see some actual colours being specced rather than the range of black/grey/silver/white.

Soldato
Just spoken to my dealer and my new Polo GTI has now been built and is on the way to the port of exit. So that's four months from ordering.

The Polo does not get the new infotainment system that the Golf gets. I believe it has the previous gen system and is all the better for it (someone can correct me if this is wrong).
But "yes" it gets the haptic controls for the Climate control and on the steering wheel unluckily.

Soldato
Just spoken to my dealer and my new Polo GTI has now been built and is on the way to the port of exit. So that's four months from ordering.

The Polo does not get the new infotainment system that the Golf gets. I believe it has the previous gen system and is all the better for it (someone can correct me if this is wrong).
But "yes" it gets the haptic controls for the Climate control and on the steering wheel unluckily.

My eldest just got quoted 6 months lead time for a new base spec Polo.

Associate
Just googled as I was intrigued by the R. But assumption it's a sheep dressed in wolfs clothing with a 999cc engine or am I missing something?

Soldato
I have a new Tesla M3P on order through lease, placed at the beginning of this month. Started off October 1st, revised to October 31st. We shall see, not selling my current M3LR till it arrives.

Soldato
Silly question, but why sell a Tesla you own (which costs next to nothing in depreciation) to spend tens of thousands to rent one?
Its a company tax thing. My accountant has been going on for a while about it but in broad terms its the same as giving myself salary increase by however much it costs per month but only paying 2% tax on the value instead of being taxed 40% on the wages I draw to pay for my personally pcp'd one.
Your right, my own M3LR is now 1 year old and worth pretty much the same as its purchase price at the moment so I can duck out of my PCP with a few quid in the bank and then swap to this when it arrives.

Long term I will need to buy again but this makes sense while the rate is 2%

Back
Top Bottom